Danube River Cruise - Oktoberfest - Sept 20-27 2021 (spoiler - we went!)

AZ Mom

But it's a dry heat
For those of you are wondering, this trip went forward as planned. ABD and AMA did an amazing job of keeping us safe and feeling comfortable. We had just 65 guests on our river cruise (less than half capacity) and 27 (!) of them were traveling as a group. We were thrilled to be joined by 3 of our Adventure Guides from the Rhine Food & Wine in 2018 - Byron, Daniel and Veronika. Debbie, our cruise manager, was awesome. It was a great crowd and I think we did absolutely everything that was on the itinerary. If we did skip something, it wasn't missed. Medical masks were required indoors in Germany and KN-95 (or equivalent) in Austria. Some restaurants and museums asked for proof of vaccination (a picture of your vaccine card on your phone is sufficient). As for Hungary, no masks were required (except for doctors offices and pharmacies), but we still wore them in crowded places. I realize that may have changed in the past few weeks, so make sure you check the local requirements. ABD did a great job of keeping us informed and well-stocked with the appropriate masks. I know it's hard to stay positive and optimistic during this unpredictable and unsettling time, but I think all of us who went were so glad we did. The COVID situation outside the US is being managed very well and it is possible to travel safely abroad. I don't think I'll get around to doing a full trip report, but I will say that this met or exceeded all of our expectations and we highly recommend!

Congrats! So glad to hear this! Was there actually an Oktoberfest to attend?

Sayhello

Well, it was not “official,” but there were plenty of happy locals out on the street in costume, drinking beer, singing and dancing. Maybe Oktoberfest-lite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter