D23 EXPO THREAD - See you in 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering when I should worry about NOT getting my expo tickets???
Any thoughts??

I called today not because I was concerned about Expo tickets but because I had not received the last two D23 magazines.

Since I had the CM on the phone I asked about the Expo tickets. She said they started mailing them about June 15 and to call them back to check if I had not received them by June 30. She said the mailing would happen over about 2 weeks so that comes to about June 30.

:wizard:

I have not received mine yet either, I eagerly anticipate receiving them in the mail everyday now!

For those that do not have a hotel/live within walking distance of the Convention Center, where do you park your cars in case you want to start waiting overnight/in the early morning in Hall E? One of the convention center rules mentions that no overnight parking is allowed and was curious where others left their cars while they waited.

Last edited:

I have not received mine yet either, I eagerly anticipate receiving them in the mail everyday now!

For those that do not have a hotel/live within walking distance of the Convention Center, where do you park your cars in case you want to start waiting overnight/in the early morning in Hall E? One of the convention center rules mentions that no overnight parking is allowed and was curious where others left their cars while they waited.

In 2015, the parking convention center structure opened at 4am, so we just got there around 4:30 and we were good. This year we will probably Uber from the hotel. Probably cheaper than parking anyway.

Received our D23 Expo tickets in the mail yesterday! It's getting real!

Edited to add that I purchased our tickets the day they went on sale and we're located in PA, not sure if that has any bearing on why we got ours this early or not...

Just wondering when I should worry about NOT getting my expo tickets???
Any thoughts??
Tickets began mailing last week and will continue to mail through approximately June 24 and should arrive by June 30. If for some reason you do not receive your ticket there is no need to panic, it just means you will have to get them reprinted at will call at the convention center.

Question re: lines for the stores, as I'm possibly interested in buying limited edition Fairytale/Folktale dolls or Tsum Tsum sets. Do you wait in line for the general show floor to try to get first in line for the stores? And if so, I'm guessing I would have to be in line pretty early (night before?) to have a chance?

Also, since the Sunday lines don't start until 6AM, do people typically line up outside before that?

I'm doubtful that I will do an overnight in line so trying to manage my expectations accordingly.

Question re: lines for the stores, as I'm possibly interested in buying limited edition Fairytale/Folktale dolls or Tsum Tsum sets. Do you wait in line for the general show floor to try to get first in line for the stores? And if so, I'm guessing I would have to be in line pretty early (night before?) to have a chance?

Also, since the Sunday lines don't start until 6AM, do people typically line up outside before that?

I'm doubtful that I will do an overnight in line so trying to manage my expectations accordingly.
In my experience if you're trying to get anything in the store that's limited edition (1000 pieces or below) you have to be ready to get in line the night before, by nine or ten pm. You're battling resellers. They are willing to do whatever it takes.
I've resigned to not getting my hopes up for almost anything limited edition at the stores. In 2015 the Disney Store had a minimum 2-3 hour wait at all times. Mickeys of Glendale was slightly easier, and the dream store was the easiest.
Merchandise is just another kind of monster at the expo. All my point of view though! I hope you're able to get what you're after.

Here is my experience. Yes, you do wait in the general show floor line for the disney store. Last expo I waited for the Disney Store Saturday, I got in line at 7 am that morning and went straight to the Disney Store when the doors opened at 9. I waited for about an hour and a half and made it into the store where to my surprise there was still the LE item of the day, the Red Jasmine Doll (LE 300), and there was not just one left but at least 50. I did not however get the tsum tsums released that day, but they were extremely rare because they were a low LE (The total LE was 2000 for the boxed sets but that number was shared with the D23 Expo in Japan which got far more of the 2000 sets, so the D23 Expo US probably only had 150 each day). That was my experience last year.

I know that the lines seems daunting but they are really not that bad in my experience. I think the problem is a lot of people have the idea that they have to be first to get exclusives, but really you just have to be in the first XXX in line (based on LE size). It also is important to keep your expectations low (it sucks I know) but if you don't have it in your mind that you HAVE to get something it makes it easier to move on if you don't get said item, and becomes really rewarding if you do get the item. And you should also know that you will get something as there is no way the entire store can sell out.

(The above paragraph also applies to waiting in lines for panels)

Here is my experience. Yes, you do wait in the general show floor line for the disney store. Last expo I waited for the Disney Store Saturday, I got in line at 7 am that morning and went straight to the Disney Store when the doors opened at 9. I waited for about an hour and a half and made it into the store where to my surprise there was still the LE item of the day, the Red Jasmine Doll (LE 300), and there was not just one left but at least 50. I did not however get the tsum tsums released that day, but they were extremely rare because they were a low LE (The total LE was 2000 for the boxed sets but that number was shared with the D23 Expo in Japan which got far more of the 2000 sets, so the D23 Expo US probably only had 150 each day). That was my experience last year.

I know that the lines seems daunting but they are really not that bad in my experience. I think the problem is a lot of people have the idea that they have to be first to get exclusives, but really you just have to be in the first XXX in line (based on LE size). It also is important to keep your expectations low (it sucks I know) but if you don't have it in your mind that you HAVE to get something it makes it easier to move on if you don't get said item, and becomes really rewarding if you do get the item. And you should also know that you will get something as there is no way the entire store can sell out.

(The above paragraph also applies to waiting in lines for panels)
Thanks, that's really helpful info!

In my experience if you're trying to get anything in the store that's limited edition (1000 pieces or below) you have to be ready to get in line the night before, by nine or ten pm. You're battling resellers. They are willing to do whatever it takes.
I've resigned to not getting my hopes up for almost anything limited edition at the stores. In 2015 the Disney Store had a minimum 2-3 hour wait at all times. Mickeys of Glendale was slightly easier, and the dream store was the easiest.
Merchandise is just another kind of monster at the expo. All my point of view though! I hope you're able to get what you're after.
Thanks for the insight.

I echo what @mickeytotallyrock said: make sure you think about all this realistically and keep your expectations in check. Also, for instance, the Once Upon a Time dolls caused hysteria at the Expo on 2015...and you can find 10 sets of them on eBay right now. Sure, it's higher than retail...but something to keep in mind. I try to not get swept up in the frenzy.

Of course, I'm also still really bitter about the 2013 LE Harveys bags. :rotfl:

Can anyone with previous StorePass experience share their past experiences? How long were the waits to get a pass? Are you able to get a StorePass for more than one venue?

I'm dedicating Friday as my shopping day, luckily i'm not a big collector person so i'll be fine with showing up around 6a/7a to line up for a StorePass and wait for the passes to kick in to get my shopping done.

Can anyone with previous StorePass experience share their past experiences? How long were the waits to get a pass? Are you able to get a StorePass for more than one venue?

I'm dedicating Friday as my shopping day, luckily i'm not a big collector person so i'll be fine with showing up around 6a/7a to line up for a StorePass and wait for the passes to kick in to get my shopping done.

I was never able to get a StorePass in 2015. They always sold out immediately and were gone by the time I got there.

Can anyone help me out with a ticket
@Curlyxz I just pulled this off the D23 Expo site - it's from 2015, but it says only one StorePass per location per day, but I know they went super (super) fast. https://d23.com/storepass-at-d23-expo-2015-spend-more-time-shopping-and-less-time-waiting/|

Like @ashley0139, they were always gone by the time we swung by the desk...so I'm not even sure how to get one much less three. I'm not sure if you can hold more than one...hmm...
they we're gone by 10am I think everyday.

I was never able to get a StorePass in 2015. They always sold out immediately and were gone by the time I got there.

@Curlyxz I just pulled this off the D23 Expo site - it's from 2015, but it says only one StorePass per location per day, but I know they went super (super) fast. https://d23.com/storepass-at-d23-expo-2015-spend-more-time-shopping-and-less-time-waiting/|

Like @ashley0139, they were always gone by the time we swung by the desk...so I'm not even sure how to get one much less three. I'm not sure if you can hold more than one...hmm...

Thank you both! Seems like StorePasses are hard to come by then. I wonder if you were able to get tickets to all three locations at the same time or if you had to get back in line if you wanted a Pass for a different venue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!