D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question about Savi's...and I apologize if asked already. I did search and my eyes went cross-eyed from all the pages on GE! lol

We will be there next week. My DS (almost 9) is curious about Savi's...is it worth it for this age group?? Can't tell you how many lightsabers we own from Star Traders. Wondering if it's worth the hassle and time to try & get a reservation.

Anybody weigh in on doing this with kiddos? And thoughts on the droid factory?

Much appreciated!! :)

Quick question about Savi's...and I apologize if asked already. I did search and my eyes went cross-eyed from all the pages on GE! lol

We will be there next week. My DS (almost 9) is curious about Savi's...is it worth it for this age group?? Can't tell you how many lightsabers we own from Star Traders. Wondering if it's worth the hassle and time to try & get a reservation.

You can probably find a video of the Savi experience on Youtube.

Anyone else going within the next month hoping and praying like I am that their days at the park will be as nice as it seems to be going today? It is too good to be true that the crowds will stay this way ... or will the masses come after hearing it isn't as bad as we pictured it was going to be.

Oh please, oh please stay this way. 🙏🙏🙏
YES!! haha
I just logged in and checked times for Ogas and was able to get a few different times for this afternoon / evening. It seems that it is going pretty smoothly today. Now that I have park hours for our trip, I guess I better get my act together and get some plans going.

Anyone know if you’ll be allowed to get into multiple boarding groups? I just wonder how it’s going to work when you don’t know when you’re going to be allowed in and you have Fastpasses booked. It says on the Disneyland website that if you miss your time (you take more than 2 hours to come in) you can get into another group, but what if you do make it on time but want to leave the land and come back later?
It looked like Disneyland Daily was able to do that....she has an entire post about today (on FB) that has a lot of good info. ;)

So, it really is a personal choice. I did the experience on opening day and it was amazing! Truly a special thing. I think a 9-yr old is old enough to appreciate it. The lightsaber is very good quality and its fun with all the different crystals making colors or different noises. The hilt is rather heavy, as an FYI. I personally think it is worth the $200. But it really is up to you.

Droid factory is probably a good idea though. Its fun to make your droid and see it interact with the land. While the initial droid cost is "only" $100, there are lots of accessories or other add-ons, so you could end up spending just as much as a lightsaber.

You can probably find a video of the Savi experience on Youtube.

Yes, great idea! Of course if I show him one, he's going to want to go! LOL I guess what I meant was, for $200...are these lightsabers more for display (as in the experience of the build) or for whacking??

Everything in my house invariably turns into a whacker...:rotfl2:

I asked a few weeks ago about ages for the light saber and someone said 12 and up because it’s expensive and the quality is very good. They are more collector items, not toys. My coworker has a 7 year old who is interested. She may or may not do it. She isn’t sure. I think it would be a personal decision for the parents. If you think your kid can take care of it, go for it!

The droids are good for all ages. In fact it says ages 3+ so young children can play with them.

How come if I go to the app and click on "book experience" it takes me out of the app and opens up my web browser to the disneyland website. Do you have to be in the parks to make a reservation?

How come if I go to the app and click on "book experience" it takes me out of the app and opens up my web browser to the disneyland website. Do you have to be in the parks to make a reservation?
Savis and cantina reservations are web based. The app will re direct to the website.

I asked a few weeks ago about ages for the light saber and someone said 12 and up because it’s expensive and the quality is very good. They are more collector items, not toys. My coworker has a 7 year old who is interested. She may or may not do it. She isn’t sure. I think it would be a personal decision for the parents. If you think your kid can take care of it, go for it!

The droids are good for all ages. In fact it says ages 3+ so young children can play with them.

So... to build onto this notion... the lightsabers from Savi's should definitely NOT actually be used for play-fighting with other lightsabers (aka "dueling")? I know there's some lightsaber makers online that make them purposely to be used to duel with each other... but I certainly don't want to assume these are of that level of durability and end up completely decimating a $200+ purchase...

Anyone else going within the next month hoping and praying like I am that their days at the park will be as nice as it seems to be going today? It is too good to be true that the crowds will stay this way ... or will the masses come after hearing it isn't as bad as we pictured it was going to be.

Oh please, oh please stay this way. 🙏🙏🙏

IMO "the masses" are the currently blocked out AP holders. The general public will NEVER descend upon the Disneyland resort en masse as was predicted. This land opening has been 99% hype. I don't expect crowds to pick up until August 20, when AP blackouts are lifted.

For those who have done Smuggler's Run and have experience in asking... are they allowing to request positions in the cockpit? Say if somebody really wanted to pilot, etc. Is it up to the Cast Member or do you just have to discuss among your group and switch places yourselves??

Are the droid backpacks back I stock?
No reports yet!

I had wondered if they were holding back a lot of merch stock for this morning and things that were out of stock yesterday would magically become available Monday morning. Well, turns out not to be true. Still no backpacks, gift cards, Kyber Crystals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter