D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question/concern that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere (and apologizes if i just missed it somewhere.) Is Oga's kid friendly? We will be there in a couple weeks and I have not seen kids in the background of any videos or pictures nor have read any mentions of kids in any review. Being Disney and with the vast amount of nonalcoholic drinks, I can assume that it kid friendly but I don't want to walk into a situation where our 3 and 5 year olds are not welcome. Note I am not saying catered to; I just mean not expected to be there period.

It's a bar. With a bar atmosphere. Kids can come in, but its it's not really a place for kids. Since it is Disney, kids are welcome, but I have heard from several people that their kids were miserable in there.

My 11 and 9 year old did fine at Oga's. They were kinda over it after they finished their drinks, but more so because there wasn't anywhere to sit. We were on the total opposite side from DJ Rex, so I think if my 9 year old could have watched Rex more, he would have not been over it as fast. We just wanted to experience Oga's and were happy we got to. =)

I was able to check Oga's in the regular dining page and was able to see opening's for 4 from 10:30am till 11 pm tonight..so they are there for those that want them..

Anyone know if you’ll be allowed to get into multiple boarding groups? I just wonder how it’s going to work when you don’t know when you’re going to be allowed in and you have Fastpasses booked. It says on the Disneyland website that if you miss your time (you take more than 2 hours to come in) you can get into another group, but what if you do make it on time but want to leave the land and come back later?

Thanks to all those sharing live updates. I wasn't online till just after 9am this morning and just thought I'd check the app to see what was going on. I was shocked to see that I could get a 12:55p reservation for 2 for Oga's. And also shocked that the wait time for MFSR was 180 minutes!

Surprised that at the moment I can get a boarding pass to get into the land with an estimated entry at early afternoon right now. Wow!

Last edited:
I have a question/concern that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere (and apologizes if i just missed it somewhere.) Is Oga's kid friendly? We will be there in a couple weeks and I have not seen kids in the background of any videos or pictures nor have read any mentions of kids in any review. Being Disney and with the vast amount of nonalcoholic drinks, I can assume that it kid friendly but I don't want to walk into a situation where our 3 and 5 year olds are not welcome. Note I am not saying catered to; I just mean not expected to be there period.

As others have mentioned, kids are allowed. But I agree with others that they're "over it" pretty quickly though I would not say they were miserable-they enjoyed it at first with the music etc. Mine (DD14, DD10, and DD8) were done after about 15-20 min- especially the 8yr old. We were given a standing table right in front of DJ-R3X. Smaller kids would not have even been able to see the top of the table.

That said, Oga's is awesome so as long as you're ok with knowing your visit might be a short one then definitely go in with the kids!

Also, a small general PSA (does not apply to the post I quoted): it's Oga's, NOT OLga's :-)

It's a bar. With a bar atmosphere. Kids can come in, but its it's not really a place for kids. Since it is Disney, kids are welcome, but I have heard from several people that their kids were miserable in there.

I would have to agree with this. We saw two families with young children while we were in there and they ALL looked pretty miserable/stressed.

Thanks to everyone for all the reports. We are leaving next week (2-4th) so I’m devouring everything. We were able to do a last minute trip to secure a reservation the first week of opening, but DD wasn’t with us. After hearing us rave, she’s going to be crushed if we don’t get into Ogas. Today’s reports are making me cautiously optimist, but I wonder if it’s because presumably a lot of visitors don’t know about the online reservations yet? I’m assuming not everyone stalks DIS but maybe I’m wrong lol!

Anyone else going within the next month hoping and praying like I am that their days at the park will be as nice as it seems to be going today? It is too good to be true that the crowds will stay this way ... or will the masses come after hearing it isn't as bad as we pictured it was going to be.

Oh please, oh please stay this way. 🙏🙏🙏

Anyone else going within the next month hoping and praying like I am that their days at the park will be as nice as it seems to be going today? It is too good to be true that the crowds will stay this way ... or will the masses come after hearing it isn't as bad as we pictured it was going to be.

Oh please, oh please stay this way. 🙏🙏🙏
I have to say, Disney has handled this VERY well. I am duly impressed.

Just another plea to hear anyone's experience about booking the Savi's reservation when they do it! I've read so many conflicted things about it. The Disneyland reservation page states that your card will NOT be charged when you book (unless you no show) but then I just saw Disneyland Daily's post and she said that you DO prepay upon reserving the time. Since I have a group of six with four wanting to build lightsabers and I'm the one doing all the reservation making- I will definitely need a heads up to get money from my friends in advance so I don't get hit with a surprise $800 charge at time of booking haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter