D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like there will be no merchandise at all in SWGE. Maybe it's to help those who have reservations leave on a timely manner? Yes, the reservation is only 4 hours, but you know people are going to stay as long as possible. If people have in the back of their minds that the only place to get merchandise for SWGE, they may want to head out to go get it.

This is going to be an interesting day. New land opening, big merchandise release, and a grad nite all in one lol
Well, no dated or branded merchandise. There still will be lots and lots of other things which people will be shopping for. Some items will be available in Launch Bay but others will be exclusive to the land.

I saw a video someone posted of one of the completed lightsabers (after they were already at home). I actually wasn’t a big fan... Maybe one more photos of the completed products come out I’ll change my mind. (I had planned on getting an elemental, but this looked like one of those and the brown aspects are what turned me off.)

Well, no dated or branded merchandise. There still will be lots and lots of other things which people will be shopping for. Some items will be available in Launch Bay but others will be exclusive to the land.
There will be dated merchandise- this from the same Disney Blog post -

If you’re looking for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Opening Day dated merchandise, including AP items, Disneyland park is your destination, only while supplies last. For the best selection, visit the Emporium, the upper level of Star Wars Launch Bay, Star Trader, or Pooh Corner.

There will be dated merchandise- this from the same Disney Blog post -

If you’re looking for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Opening Day dated merchandise, including AP items, Disneyland park is your destination, only while supplies last. For the best selection, visit the Emporium, the upper level of Star Wars Launch Bay, Star Trader, or Pooh Corner.
Yeah, they will have dated merchandise. It just won't be for sale in Galaxy's Edge.

So, types of merchandise:

Opening Day Logo Items - available in Disneyland (Emporium, Launch Bay, Star Trader, Pooh Corner)
Star Wars Galaxy Edge Logo Items - available in Disneyland, DCA, DTD, hotels.
Special SWGE merchandise without the logo - available in Disneyland (SWGE and Launch Bay)
Extra special SWGE merchandise, again no logo - Available in SWGE only

Few notes...

Major CM previews began yesterday, I have reviews form various people on the SWGE subforum.

One issue that seems to be coming up is Oga's. Many have not gone into Oga's as the lines have been 1+ hours and they are quite strict about the 4 hour time limit. I think this could be an ongoing issue when it opens too.

disney-map-generator.php-3.jpg

I already told my son no droid or lightsaber because of price and space in our suitcase.
But depending on size we may spring for a porg!
Do we know prices yet?

I already told my son no droid or lightsaber because of price and space in our suitcase.
But depending on size we may spring for a porg!
Do we know prices yet?

A bunch of prices appear to have leaked if you enter the right codes into the (soon to be defunct) Shop Disney Parks app, but they are of course, not confirmed. If accurate, the adoptable porg is one of the pricier creatures at $45. That doesn't deter me in the slightest but I also have like 20 porgs already...

There's so much to be excited about, but I have to say, one of the little things I'm oddly very excited about is that, now, you'll be able to walk "past" Critter Country, and around ROA back to Fantasyland. (Or, to go from FL to Critter Country). To me, the dead end at Critter Country never felt right, and I always wished there was some way to walk around ROA, and I'm strangely excited that it now going to be possible after years of thinking about it.

Obviously crowds are going to be crazy for a long time, but I wonder if - eventually - this will help the crowdflow at the NOS/ROA area that always gets so jam packed with people.

Also, maybe I'm way late to the party on this, but I'm so glad to hear reports that Smuggler's Run includes an autopilot setting at all the stations for people who don't want to participate in the game aspect and just want to ride. It's such an obvious solution to an issue that so many people have worried and argued heatedly about for months!

Getting hyped!

Was part of the first group to preview yesterday morning. The place, in a word, is INCREDIBLE. Unlike Disney has done before. The attention to detail has been upped considerably over Pandora and Cars Land.

With regards to the cost of a lightsabre - I can tell you that my son paid $197 after cast discount - and I am glad he did. I got to go in with him to watch him make it. What an experience. One that I never would have gotten to have if he wasn't crazy enough to spend that kind of money.

On the whole, yesterday was a moving experience. I teared up walking into the area. This is my childhood come to life and it totally engulfed me.

2. It sounds like there will be no merchandise at all in SWGE. Maybe it's to help those who have reservations leave on a timely manner? Yes, the reservation is only 4 hours, but you know people are going to stay as long as possible. If people have in the back of their minds that the only place to get merchandise for SWGE, they may want to head out to go get it.

This is going to be an interesting day. New land opening, big merchandise release, and a grad nite all in one lol

There will be merch inside. There was yesterday. If there wasn't there would be no use for the "market place".

3) Food is a concern for me. I wont be overnighting but I'll probably get there around 3-4 am each day. Once in Hall E is there food available to purchase or am I on my own until they let us out? I I will bring some granola bars but I would like to get a decent meal. What other snacks are allowed in? I cant spend too many hours without food or water. I dehydrate or get weak easily without both those things. Im bringing a water bottle. Is there a water fountain I can get to near Hall E to refill or again just a place to buy water?

So here is the deal with food: officially, per the Things to Know section on the Expo website, no outside food or beverages or coolers can be brought in. Exceptions are made for special dietary needs.
D23 Expo - Things to Know

What does that actually mean? In the past, people have brought in food with the rules stating that there is no outside food or beverages. People have brought in snacks. People have brought in beverages. People have also been stopped at security and made to dump these items. Enforcement is inconsistent at best.

We have food allergies and pack a small amount of items to get us through without flaunting it. An entire pizza - no. A safe protein bar, some fruit leather - yes. Just enough fuel to get us through until we can exit the space and eat a real meal.

Your experience may vary, even day to day. Past history is just that and, as always, the upcoming event sort of is an unknown until the powers that be provide more information. They haven't even stated that Overnight Lines are even happening in Hall E yet, let alone what kind of items people can bring (i.e., mattresses and camp chairs). We can provide anecdotal information, but it can also change! :)

The LE opening day dated stuff won’t be in the land though. That will be at the locations detailed in yesterday’s parks blog post.

Yeah, the merch in the land is "in universe." The merch outside the land (outside of some stuff apparently "smuggled out" to Launch Bay) is out of universe. So most things that actually SAY Black Spire, or anything that says Galaxy's Edge, or what people are likely most freaking out about, merchandise dated to May 31st 2019/Opening day - all that will be outside of the land itself.

I've got the 8-12 noon reservation slot on the 31st, and I can't be in two places at once, if there happens to be an opening day pin left when I get kicked out of GE itself, happy day. If not, well at least I got to see the land itself right?

I heard an ad for Galaxy's Edge on the radio today for the first time. The only date they mentioned was "June 24, no reservations required" so that was good to hear!

That's funny because I heard a radio ad this morning and it said May 31st then really really quickly rattled off the part about capacity, must have a reservation, etc... I told my niece they need to start advertising it as June 24th because people aren't gonna pay attention to the speed talk at the end!!!

I just got an exciting phone call from DL! I’m booked June 4-6 nights at PPH and they called to ask if I would like to switch to the Grand Californian Premium View for the same price. Um, yes please! She stressed my SWGE reservation will NOT be affected.
Any clue why they’re doing this?
Maybe want to sell out all rooms but some more expensive rooms were still open so they’re upgrading people and then hoping others will snatch up the PPH rooms?
This is our first DL trip so exciting to have some pixie dust!!

Last edited:
I just got an exciting phone call from DL! I’m booked for two nights at PPH and they called to ask if I would like to switch to the Grand Californian for the same price. Um, yes please! She stressed my SWGE will NOT be affected.
Any clue why they’re doing this?
Maybe want to sell out all rooms but some more expensive rooms were still open so they’re upgrading people and then hoping others will snatch up the PPH rooms?
This is our first DL trip so exciting to have some pixie dust!!

Congratulations!! I have a reservation at the Disneyland Hotel. I would love to be upgraded to the Grand! What area code was the phone number who called you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter