D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I waited for almost an hour on my PC and then tried my phone. Got in right away and was able to get a night slot for the time we will be there on June 20th. We are very excited.

I thought it was kinda odd that about 1.5 hours in...only about 6-7 days gone with seemingly lots of time slots open of on other days...and then in the last 30 minutes or so...they were all the rest of the reservations were gone. almost like they had a 2 hour window allowed.

I think there may be something to this. Open up free reservations to the general public, "sell out" very quickly, then invite everyone who didn't get reservations to secure them by staying onsite at a hotel.

They would have a very hard time limiting to one per person. There are a lot of John Smiths in the world and they can't ask for more definitive information. I could see them limiting to each account having one reservation which is why I am using my friend's account for the first visit.

But they can track it by your ticket. They just need to scan your ticket for entrance, it will know if it has previously been scanned.

:( I'm sorry! Well, hopefully people will be focused on that side of the park so the rest remains empty for you!
I had that exact same thought a year ago when Pandora opened. Sure Pandora will be swamped but the rest of the park will be fine.

I am not a smart person.

Watching everyone go after SWGE reservations today has me excited - curious to see what we'll have to do to access the land come Expo time. (Reservations? paid events? super duper long queue?) Also curious if it'll be added to Maxpass/EMH/EE by then.

Yeah, we were really surprised at how much busier AK got when we visited this past January. Pandora really has made a difference there, and rightfully so. It's a beautiful area- they did a great job with it.

I’m confused.

How does everyone know that you can only visit SWGE only one time during the reservation period?

I looked at the information released by Disneyland, and no where does Disneyland say you can only visit one time. It does however say that you can only make one reservation (with up to 6 guests) per account.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...neyland-park-between-may-31-and-june-23-2019/

ETA: It looks like ID’s are used to cross check the guest names on the reservation.

I’m confused.

How does everyone know that you can only visit SWGE only one time during the reservation period?

I looked at the information released by Disneyland, and no where does Disneyland say you can only visit one time. It does however say that you can only make one reservation (with up to 6 guests) per account.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...neyland-park-between-may-31-and-june-23-2019/

ETA: It looks like ID’s are used to cross check the guest names on the reservation.
They ARE checking ID's but they're not going to remember who has already entered before. I think you would be safe with multiple reservations unless they also scan the tickets/APs when you enter SWGE

But they can track it by your ticket. They just need to scan your ticket for entrance, it will know if it has previously been scanned.

My coworker got a separate QR code for entrance to SWGE and it appears to be what they will be tracking as entrance. I will be shocked if they scan this code, then check your ID and then have you scan your ticket/AP but stranger things have happened.

I’m confused.

The DLRH confirmation emails do not have a QR code. I have two separate DLRH reservations and DLR issued me two SWGE time slots.

I see nothing that states you can only enter one time. Also the webpage states only the primary on the DLRH reservation needs valid ID.

They ARE checking ID's but they're not going to remember who has already entered before. I think you would be safe with multiple reservations unless they also scan the tickets/APs when you enter SWGE

My coworker got a separate QR code for entrance to SWGE and it appears to be what they will be tracking as entrance. I will be shocked if they scan this code, then check your ID and then have you scan your ticket/AP but stranger things have happened.

Yes. I understand that ID’s are being checked, but it appears the ID’s are being used to cross check the names on the reservation, not to exclude guests due to a prior visit. All guests over 18 must show ID, and “only guests listed on the SWGE reservation with proper ID will be admitted.”

Again I find no statement from Disneyland that says guests are restricted to visiting SWGE only one time during the reservation period. I would imagine that any such restriction would be very clear. Did I miss something?

ERQ

I had that exact same thought a year ago when Pandora opened. Sure Pandora will be swamped but the rest of the park will be fine.

I am not a smart person.

Im assuming the rest of the park will be packed also. People aren't going to leave after only 4 hours. They'll spend the rest of the day in the other parts of the park.

Someone on another discussion forum was told by a Disney cast member that there would be 2000 reservations issued for every 4 hour period. I have no idea if that's accurate, but it sounds pretty good if true!

I wouldn't be surprised if they scanned the QR code for non-onsite guests, scanned the park admission media, and check picture IDs. They have hand-held scanners these days at all rides that they can use for checking the fastpass status on people's accounts or adding fastpasses. They used those same scanners years ago when they offered an AP preview of the re-opening of Peter Pan to insure that each AP only rode once during the preview period. I'm sure they can choose to scan people into SWGE as well.

I’m just the opposite. They went slower than l expected. Glad my friend was able to grab one for our small group.
I thought it would take a little longer considering how many days there were to choose from. Obviously this depends how many are in each slot. I would be curious to hear those numbers.

Someone on another discussion forum was told by a Disney cast member that there would be 2000 reservations issued for every 4 hour period. I have no idea if that's accurate, but it sounds pretty good if true!

That would be nice! Do we know the capacity of Smugglers Run per hour?

Yes. I understand that ID’s are being checked, but it appears the ID’s are being used to cross check the names on the reservation, not to exclude guests due to a prior visit. All guests over 18 must show ID, and “only guests listed on the SWGE reservation with proper ID will be admitted.”

Again I find no statement from Disneyland that says guests are restricted to visiting SWGE only one time during the reservation period. I would imagine that any such restriction would be very clear. Did I miss something?

ERQ
Yes, I agree with you. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter