D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reviews of the ride sound very complicated to me.:crazy2: I know it's supposed to be interactive, but I like attractions that require little effort from me...hope I don't mess it up for whatever group I'm in when I ride it lol
Reports indicate that there are "auto" settings for the interactive elements for those who don't want to participate and just want to ride. Anyone who has actually been on the ride already should be able to elaborate.

Disney Parks just announced a new SWGE crowd control measure for June: Soarin' is back over California. I am kidding of course, but we were not planning on riding it, since it is identical to WDW. Well, I guess we need to ride it now. https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ted-time/?CMP=SOC-DPFY19Q3wo0523190529190001C

So excited about this! Love this version! And it's definitely an effort to draw folks to both parks and spread out the load when guests who came for SWGE aren't in SWGE.

I’m watching a Youtube video reviewing SWGE. His biggest takeaway is that if you want in the Cantina, you have to go their 1st. And be prepared to wait if you’re not going first thing. Sounds like the Smugglers Run lines weren’t bad at all.

DD said not at this time. Unless you see someone who has one already.
How are they handling the lightsaber post-purchase? Do you carry it around with you (or in the carrying case)? It seems it would be most efficient to do that experience first, but at the same time, I don’t want it to get in the way on the ride and while exploring the land!

I will be going back to the hotel right after our reservation. Do you guys think I should do droid first thing, then experience everything, and do lightsaber last? Ugh-decisions decisions, and of course I’m in the first group, without much insight from people beforehand!

How are they handling the lightsaber post-purchase? Do you carry it around with you (or in the carrying case)? It seems it would be most efficient to do that experience first, but at the same time, I don’t want it to get in the way on the ride and while exploring the land!

I will be going back to the hotel right after our reservation. Do you guys think I should do droid first thing, then experience everything, and do lightsaber last? Ugh-decisions decisions, and of course I’m in the first group, without much insight from people beforehand!

From what I have read, they are allowing you to carry it around with you in the case. My son and I have decided to visit the Droid Depot first to decide if either of us wants a droid, and then from there decide if either of us wants to build a saber.

Overall I think people would be better off just taking advantage of those two hours where the reservation groups don't overlap. The beginning hour and last hour will be overlapped with the other group so it'll be more crowded.

We'll probably arrive a half hour after our reservation period begins and head to Droid Depot. Then once the other group files out hop on the Falcon. After that buy blue milk and shop in the toy store.

I was wondering if, from this experience, you had any tips for an order to visit attractions in SWGE? From your post I gained that you should wait to about the middle of your reservation for Falcon? Of course I understand that this may change when SWGE actually opens

I would head to either the Cantina or the Droid/Lightsaber experiences first if you want to do them. If not, maybe try out some of the delicious food offerings! The best entrance for Blue Milk/Green Milk is the Fantasyland entrance. During the cast member previews, there was two entrances: the one near Big Thunder and the other near Fantasyland. If you want to do the cantina, I would suggest waiting in the Fantasyland as it is closer and the Big Thunder entrance if you want to do the Droid/Lightsaber experiences. Most of the crowd flocked to Smugglers Run, and if you really want to do it first, then I would suggest trying out single rider or wait for later in your reservation. Try to time going to Smugglers Run right before the next batch of reservations overlap during your last hour, or else you might risk the significant increase in wait times. But if you are the very last reservation block, this won't be an issue! Hope this helps a bit!

I would head to either the Cantina or the Droid/Lightsaber experiences first if you want to do them. If not, maybe try out some of the delicious food offerings! The best entrance for Blue Milk/Green Milk is the Fantasyland entrance. During the cast member previews, there was two entrances: the one near Big Thunder and the other near Fantasyland. If you want to do the cantina, I would suggest waiting in the Fantasyland as it is closer and the Big Thunder entrance if you want to do the Droid/Lightsaber experiences. Most of the crowd flocked to Smugglers Run, and if you really want to do it first, then I would suggest trying out single rider or wait for later in your reservation. Try to time going to Smugglers Run right before the next batch of reservations overlap during your last hour, or else you might risk the significant increase in wait times. But if you are the very last reservation block, this won't be an issue! Hope this helps a bit!
Thanks! So far, I'm not super interested in the food offerings, but am interested in the droid. I guess I'll do that first then the ride line? Can you bring the droid with you on the ride?

From what I have read, they are allowing you to carry it around with you in the case. My son and I have decided to visit the Droid Depot first to decide if either of us wants a droid, and then from there decide if either of us wants to build a saber.

Carrying it around should be fine...if it was only hilt/case. Carrying around a blade, on the other hand....that can be rather cumbersome.

If you mean the Smuggler's Run ride, yes, it's a motion simulator, and someone who has ridden it should be able to provide specifics if you need.

If you do mean RotR, then that is more like a classic dark ride along the lines of Indy, but will not be open until later this year at a yet to be announced date.
Yes. Thank you. Smugglers Run.

Yeah!!!! I wish they would make this permanent! This is a better fit for DCA than Soarin' over the world.
Just thinking this through, with DL mainly being a locals park, SoarCal might lose it's luster and be ready for a change for something different and more global, especially since it is already at WDW. WDW does NOT have a SoarFLA, and for good reason, since the geography of FL is not nearly as diverse as CA. But while SoarWorld may be a fresh take for DCA, it is the same as what many at WDW would have already experienced and would not really care to ride something exactly the same, especially if they are visiting for SWGE. So, bringing back SoarCal would actually take people like me, who would have skipped it, and draw me back in to ride it. It doesn't need to be long, since the traveling SWGE folks from the east will get theirs in the fall. Kind of curious why they didn't just keep this at DCA for the entire summer.

Correct, I do remember seeing that, but then, we heard that for gunners, there is an automatic and manual mode, where one auto still requires shooting, but manual requires more than simply shooting. So perhaps the earlier discussion of "auto mode" refers to something like this, where there is still an interactivity function, albeit less involved than full on manual. At least, that's where my confusion/concern kicked back in.

Reports indicate that there are "auto" settings for the interactive elements for those who don't want to participate and just want to ride. Anyone who has actually been on the ride already should be able to elaborate.

I've read reports about the "auto" setting and reports that say that even the "auto" setting still requires you to shoot when the green light appears. Let's hope someone who has ridden chimes in with more details on this. I'm in the camp that wants more automation and less interaction -- I can see too much stimulus triggering a migraine or motion sickness.

Not interested in the Cantina or Lightsabers but we are interested in some of the pre-maid things in the Droid Depot (not the customizable). Since we're not interested in the droid self-building we just want to buy something pre-made would you still recommend going there first?

Thanks for the tips on Smugglers Run! This helped a lot. :)

I’m watching a Youtube video reviewing SWGE. His biggest takeaway is that if you want in the Cantina, you have to go their 1st. And be prepared to wait if you’re not going first thing. Sounds like the Smugglers Run lines weren’t bad at all.
I’m confused...if you or anyone else knows

Which restaurant(s) in SWGE (just cantina?) are table service?

Overall I think people would be better off just taking advantage of those two hours where the reservation groups don't overlap. The beginning hour and last hour will be overlapped with the other group so it'll be more crowded.

We'll probably arrive a half hour after our reservation period begins and head to Droid Depot. Then once the other group files out hop on the Falcon. After that buy blue milk and shop in the toy store.
WHy would you arrive late???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter