D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not interested in the Cantina or Lightsabers but we are interested in some of the pre-maid things in the Droid Depot (not the customizable). Since we're not interested in the droid self-building we just want to buy something pre-made would you still recommend going there first?

I'm curious about the pre-made droids. if they are the standard R2 and BB8 droids (white/blue R2 and Orange/white bb8). I'd feel wrong making anything else so if they had pre-made i'd consider that. I'd still go there first for a pre-made. Since they can react to different areas of SWGE. I'd prob get the backpack so it can peek out and make it's noises as I walk around.

I wouldl like to know if I can bring that on Smugger's Run or if they make you put it somewhere like they do on the Avatar FoP ride in Animal Kingdom.

Thank you for posting a spoiler-free review! Any tips on getting into the lightsaber workshop, since there is a mention that reservations may be required at some point? I'm sure it's very popular.

He waited in a line for about 20min to make the purchase. After purchase he was given a colored group card and we waited another 20min till the group was called. We then waited another 20min (yes we are up to an hour) to enter with the rest of the group to the building area. Total time was about an hour and 20min. But that was the cast preview.

As we left Galaxy's Edge and went back into "Disneyland", you could definitely notice the difference between the cast preview crowd in STGE and the rest of the park. It was MOBBED in the rest of DL and this was at 2:30 on a Monday. If they are running the reservations the way they are running the cast previews - that is going to be the time to go. Come June 24, I can't imagine what they are going to do to control the mob.

Just thinking this through, with DL mainly being a locals park, SoarCal might lose it's luster and be ready for a change for something different and more global, especially since it is already at WDW. WDW does NOT have a SoarFLA, and for good reason, since the geography of FL is not nearly as diverse as CA. But while SoarWorld may be a fresh take for DCA, it is the same as what many at WDW would have already experienced and would not really care to ride something exactly the same, especially if they are visiting for SWGE. So, bringing back SoarCal would actually take people like me, who would have skipped it, and draw me back in to ride it. It doesn't need to be long, since the traveling SWGE folks from the east will get theirs in the fall. Kind of curious why they didn't just keep this at DCA for the entire summer.

We've had Soaring World since 2016 and we've been on it exactly once. It's awful. I think most locals much prefer Soaring Over our home state. This used to be one of my favorite rides until the switch. They definitely should keep it the entire summer and beyond... forever and ever.

I've read reports about the "auto" setting and reports that say that even the "auto" setting still requires you to shoot when the green light appears. Let's hope someone who has ridden chimes in with more details on this. I'm in the camp that wants more automation and less interaction -- I can see too much stimulus triggering a migraine or motion sickness.
Oh no :( I'm very prone to migraines. Motion sickness has never been a problem. Hope this ride doesn't cause one.

He waited in a line for about 20min to make the purchase. After purchase he was given a colored group card and we waited another 20min till the group was called. We then waited another 20min (yes we are up to an hour) to enter with the rest of the group to the building area. Total time was about an hour and 20min. But that was the cast preview.

As we left Galaxy's Edge and went back into "Disneyland", you could definitely notice the difference between the cast preview crowd in STGE and the rest of the park. It was MOBBED in the rest of DL and this was at 2:30 on a Monday. If they are running the reservations the way they are running the cast previews - that is going to be the time to go. Come June 24, I can't imagine what they are going to do to control the mob.

Good to know, thank you. We actually now have 2 reservations for June 1, an 8am-12pm free reservation, and one from 5-9 pm since family decided to join us, and we booked at the GCH. (They assigned us the same timeframe we already had and couldn’t change the day, so I asked for an evening reservation.). Planning on doing what we can in the morning - lightsaber or droid and Smuggler’s Run - then we’ll come back in the evening after a midday break and try to do whatever we didn’t get done earlier. I do wish I’d thought to grab a free reservation later in June, once some of the kinks are worked out, but c’est la vie. We’ll make the most of our day! Very excited!

Just clarifying...if I book a Disney hotel for the night of 6/23, will I get a reservation for SWGE for 6/23?

Can someone who watched the DJ Rex review please post the main points of the review. Eight minutes of video to deliver 15 seconds worth of information is why the internet sucks today!

I didn’t think it was a long video. It showed the features of Rex and talked about purchasing him a bit. He’s a lot bigger than some expected. Very well built too.

Thanks! So far, I'm not super interested in the food offerings, but am interested in the droid. I guess I'll do that first then the ride line? Can you bring the droid with you on the ride?

I am pretty sure you can bring your droid on to smugglers run. There is enough legroom to fit a backpack, and your droid comes with a fun build-a-bear style carrying case so I would see no issue in bringing it onto the attraction! My friends brought in their giant lightsabers too into the attraction and they just had them lay it down on the floor. The intensity is a bit less than star tours, so I think your personal items will do just fine! Hope this helps! :-)

Not interested in the Cantina or Lightsabers but we are interested in some of the pre-maid things in the Droid Depot (not the customizable). Since we're not interested in the droid self-building we just want to buy something pre-made would you still recommend going there first?

Thanks for the tips on Smugglers Run! This helped a lot. :)

If you aren't doing any customizable droid building, then I wouldn't think you would need to rush first-thing into this store at the start of your reservation! I never saw a line to buy the pre made items. I'm pretty sure you can enter this store with ease if you are just looking to purchase pre-made goods, so maybe do your must do's first, and then waltz on over to the Droid Depot after you have done your top priorities! The only issue is that like most of the shops within the land, it is pretty small so it may get a bit hectic and crowded in the shop. Hope this helps!

If you aren't doing any customizable droid building, then I wouldn't think you would need to rush first-thing into this store at the start of your reservation! I never saw a line to buy the pre made items. I'm pretty sure you can enter this store with ease if you are just looking to purchase pre-made goods, so maybe do your must do's first, and then waltz on over to the Droid Depot after you have done your top priorities! The only issue is that like most of the shops within the land, it is pretty small so it may get a bit hectic and crowded in the shop. Hope this helps!
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter