D23 announcements for Disneyland-Magicbands!

If I was putting money on it... It would be around the time the Treehouse and Toontown come back as I expect quite a bit of MB+ integration in those areas.
But I thought at the last update, MB+ was said as "rolling at Disneyland Resort later this year" and WDW later in the summer. Toontown will be closed until 2023.

But I thought at the last update, MB+ was said as "rolling at Disneyland Resort later this year" and WDW later in the summer. Toontown will be closed until 2023.
and the Treehouse?
We will know it is coming soon when they start to update the LL scan machines.

and the Treehouse?
We will know it is coming soon when they start to update the LL scan machines.
Yep. Those LL scanners don't yet have touch capabilities. I don't even know if that can be added in or if they have to replace the whole thing. And they will have to maintain a scanner of some sort anyway, since not everyone will buy magic bands and people still use paper tickets here.

Yep. Those LL scanners don't yet have touch capabilities. I don't even know if that can be added in or if they have to replace the whole thing. And they will have to maintain a scanner of some sort anyway, since not everyone will buy magic bands and people still use paper tickets here.
But people at WDW can scan tickets at the magicband scanners too, we saw it in April.

But people at WDW can scan tickets at the magicband scanners too, we saw it in April.
WDW "tickets" are RFID cards - they don't use barcodes at all. (I think they converted everything to RFID in 2013 - people had to convert their existing paper tickets to RFID cards to continue using them.)

I think we've had CMs say that the circle section of the DL scanner is empty, but I still find it hard to believe that the WDW and DL scanners are drastically different from a hardware standpoint. The light-up section seems to be identical. From my own (quick) glances at both in person, it often felt like the DL scanner simply has a plate over where the RFID scanner would be - you can kinda see it in the pics. (It's gently thicker inside the circle.)

While I doubt they've done the conversion yet, too - it wouldn't be out of the question that they might do the upgrade covertly.

(I keep meaning to tap a WDW card against that section at DL and see what happens, but I never remember when I'm there.)

I'm betting there's a supply or tech issue with MB+. I mean, WDW accidentally sold a batch of them two months ago, so they definitely have stock of some kind. I can't imagine that anything would happen at DL until long after WDW's full release.

I remember the WDW rollout of the MB….We went alot that year….

They kept the legacy paper system and added the tap points. It was a double system for quite a while.

But they put in the MB tap points VERY quickly. Maybe took a month or two to install.

The lag there was MDE was also being rolled out, and the software was a mess….
They do not have that issue anymore as its working already in WDW. So , if they just have to add touch points, they could have it running within a month or two.

I dont think they will attwnpt it for summer, too much going on with G+ to add more chaos.

Maybe before OBB, but I am betting on september.

I'm betting we get an announcement at D23 this year. Or rather I'm hoping. Would love to test the new system in October. :D

WDW "tickets" are RFID cards - they don't use barcodes at all. (I think they converted everything to RFID in 2013 - people had to convert their existing paper tickets to RFID cards to continue using them.)
Ahhh I did not know this, thought it was barcodes.

I'm betting there's a supply or tech issue with MB+. I mean, WDW accidentally sold a batch of them two months ago, so they definitely have stock of some kind. I can't imagine that anything would happen at DL until long after WDW's full release.

From what I've read on the WDW boards side of the forum, it's a supply issue. There's a shortage of the little computer chip that's inside the Magicband itself and they won't do the full launch until the issue is resolved. If you have an upcoming reservation at a WDW hotel there's a disclaimer when you go to order Magicbands that there's a stock issue- this is what it says "Due to ongoing, industry-wide supply chain challenges, MagicBands may have limited availability or be unavailable in some styles. Our teams are working to improve our selection over the coming weeks and recommend Guests continue to check back to see if their preferred style is available." I imagine this also impacts the Magicband+ styles too?

You'd think, but if it was so simple, why haven't they already done it?

shocked-face-surprised.gif

Valid point.

This is such a highlight that they are bringing them to Disneyland. I really hope they'll be available for our October trip and if not then by the end of December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter