Cypress Pointe

wow...all this over a resort? Let's get back on track here...

Cypress Pointe, we stayed for 12 days or so in June...we were happy with the accomodations. It was roomy for us, but the second bedroom they are discussing...it has a twin, the trundle slides out from under it, it has a chair a corner table and a tv w/small stand. there is also a closet. There were no windows in this bedroom. It was great for my 12yo son. If I brought two kids with me, it would have worked well for them...they don't have a problem with smaller spaces...for an adult, if i was staying in the room alone, I'd be fine, but if it was my husband and myself, we would have felt cramped in the smaller bedroom.

We had a three bedroom unit, with three batrhooms..because they combine a 1 bedroom and a 2 bedroom unit to make the three..there are two master suites which worked well for us...my mother had one, I had the other, my youngest son was in the third bedroom...Now...I'm heading back and staying on site in a few weeks...I'll be at the Caribbean Beach Resort and though I look forward to staying on site to see how different it feels. it will only be a regular hotel room with two beds and a bathroom, rather than with the kitchen, laundry area, living room and such...i'm sacrificing space this time, but want to see about the "disney charm" that is spoken of, and my son wanted to try it onsite...

I don't intend on being in the room too much anyway, so it's fine. When we go down the shore for a weekend, it's the same kind of room, 2 double beds, a bathroom...standard hotel room. It'll be fine.

We have stayed at Cypress Pointe several times and really liked it for the price and location. I think the word "dump" is what bothered me about all this back and forth stuff. I'm sure some folks don't care for Cypress Pointe and that is fine. The word "dump" makes me think of the welfare motel out on the highway that every town seems to have. Staying in a condo or a house is a lot different from a motel or hotel. The only thing you expect out of management is to fix the toilet or TV. I am thankful for all the different opinions we have here on the Dis. It does give us all a well rounded view when planning our magical trips to Disney.

We stayed there last Feb. and it was great! The 3 bedroom was so big, we stayed in the last building right across from the Grand area. The walk to the pool with the slide was nothing. We had first floor and let me tell you we didn't hear anybody not upstairs or even in front of us. We were on the back corner. The parking at night could be a little tight but didn't bother us. I loved this place and would stay there again, it was very clean and everything was like new. The store is right around the corner stock up!! I was worried to before I left on my vacation after reading some of the reveiws, but I didn't see anything wrong once I was there. You will have a great time, and your 14 year old will too, mine did. :groom: :lovestruc :dance3:

We stayed at CPGV in January and liked it a lot. It was very clean and well-maintained.

If I wanted to nitpick ever so slightly, the blinds that led to the enclosed porch area were a little damaged, but they opened and closed fine, and the kitchen is slightly underequipped. I forgot what it was that I was seriously desiring while cooking breakfast, I think I didn't like their skillet and would have liked a non-stick one, IIRC. Not a dealbreaker by any means.

It was clean, the beds were comfortable, and there was plenty of space for everyone. We had 5 adults in the unit, two in the master, two in the second BR, one on the sofabed. The sofabed guy did not love the sofabed, but he said it was okay.

In fact, the comment from most everyone in our group was, "wow, this place is bigger/nicer than our apartments at home". (New Yorkers. We're used to tiny tiny apartments.) :)

I would seriously reconsider it. Sometimes you do get what you pay for.

Chobie.... how can you even begin to not recommend this place when you mentioned before you have never seen it first hand, you are only going by what someone else told you? You preach fairness, however is this really fair for you to say?

I have been to CPR (not grand villas) for the last two years, and the place is absolutely unbelieveable for the price. Is it the absolutely nicest place you can stay in the Orlando area? Probably not! But at that price it's pretty darn hard to beat!

It's obvious you have an axe to grind here. Do me a favor, check the place out for yourself, if you then want to post negative feedback, and recommend that people do not use this resort by all means go for it! In the meantime, save the bandwith of this board, as well as your own personal time and leave the feedback to people who have actually visited.

Well said Jeremy! :wave2: That was my point too. :)

Glad you enjoyed the resort as much as we have for the past 12 years. :thumbsup2

Jeremy B. said:
Chobie.... how can you even begin to not recommend this place when you mentioned before you have never seen it first hand, you are only going by what someone else told you? You preach fairness, however is this really fair for you to say?

I have been to CPR (not grand villas) for the last two years, and the place is absolutely unbelieveable for the price. Is it the absolutely nicest place you can stay in the Orlando area? Probably not! But at that price it's pretty darn hard to beat!

It's obvious you have an axe to grind here. Do me a favor, check the place out for yourself, if you then want to post negative feedback, and recommend that people do not use this resort by all means go for it! In the meantime, save the bandwith of this board, as well as your own personal time and leave the feedback to people who have actually visited.

Actaully, I did have an axe to grind after I was attacked for merely repeating what my in-laws said. I put the dislcaimer, that I had not seen the inside, that they were probaby overreacting etc,. but the reaction was so swift for even saying anything that might not be glowing about the place it made me think there must be a reason for such defensiveness.

Then I was attacked personally and made to look like I was insulting all the "great people" of the Dis by even implying that Cypress Pointe may not be all that. Last time I checked, this was a board to post opinions, both good and bad. And it clearly says in the board rules that this board is not be be used to advertise. When people who have a vested interest, or their family does, in a particular time share ownership, to jump all over and try to shame a person from posting an alternative view is a bit much.

And a trundle bed is not a twin bed.

And its not fair to say, on an opinion board, that you are insulting people by giving your opinion about a place, just because others have a different view.

And "dump" was a harsh word. I apologize for repeating what my in-laws called it because I can see how that can sound insulting, even though my favorite on-site (POP Century) has been described that way on the resort boards many, many times. Over there at least, no one has a vested interest in protecting the WDW resorts, so the reaction to a bad review is not as intense.

Now, I would like to say, that Cypress Pointe has gotten more good reviews than bad here and people should take that into consideration when booking a place. But my inlaws feel they were mislead and I am allowed to say that as nothing in the posting guidlelines says you cannot relay third party opinions about a place.

Now, if people would like this thread to continue as a Cypress Pointe appreciation thread, then ignore my comments and continue on. Maybe some of you have convinced others of your opinion that I'm just "negative" or had an "axe to grind," or maybe attacking the messanger looks like people have an ulterior motive for quashing any negative reviews.

My purpose for coming here was because of the reviews on this board, I recommended Cypress Pointe to my inlaws, so I thought the other view should be heard. Also this thread was started by someone who had concerns about the place and not by someone who just came to give it a good review. Again, I merely wanted to give another view, not to "grind an axe", but when I'm attacked and accused of attacking simply for posting that view then I am going to respond in kind.

*quietly stepping in to refer folks interested to my review of 18 mo ago* See my siggy. It's pretty detailed, and was as honest as I could get. I posted the good, the great, the not-so-great, and so forth.

FWIW, I don't think anyone can find anything as nice for the price in Orlando. But to be sure, I just posted a thread asking if there was such a place as we head back down in January. Just to be sure.... :sunny:

ladysoleil said:
I think I didn't like their skillet and would have liked a non-stick one, IIRC. Not a dealbreaker by any means.

YES! I felt this way when we stayed at VV@P a few years ago! This time around, we're one week at VV@P followed by one at CPR, and I'm planning on buying a non-stick skillet at publix or Wal-mart when I buy our food/water, etc.. :rotfl:

-Sue

what does IIRC stand for?

ReallyFunMom said:
Anybody looking at the pics? Anyway, second from the top picture shows mattress the same size. Second pic from the bottow shows how it can popped up. Not that it really matters but, fyi. The pictures take a while to load but I think pictures say a lot.

http://www.cypresspointe.net/Graphics/020604/4thweek4.htm

Great place if you want to sleep on a mattress on the floor. For the same price as a 2 bedroom at CP you can get a three bedroom, with actual beds, at Emerald Isle.

http://www.mousepadsorlando.com/

Great place if you want to sleep on a mattress on the floor. For the same price as a 2 bedroom at CP you can get a three bedroom, with actual beds, at Emerald Isle.

Are you serious? Have you really nothing better to do with your time then to come here and repeatedly slam this resort? You have never even stepped foot on this property, yet you just love to trash the crap out of it! Honestly, you have 3500 posts, give or take a few, how have you managed to not get banned from this board in that amount of time?

Take a look at some of her other posts! popcorn::

Again ....you don't get GOLD CROWN status by being a "dump" and yes I can get a 3 bedroom villa for the same as CP BUT not as close to WDW. :)

Some people are very negative and it's kind of sad. :guilty:

This time next week I will be sitting by the pool at CP! And loving it! :Pinkbounc :banana: :teeth:

Yes, well those of you with vested interests in the place have done a good job of scaring off people who might have something less than postiive to say about yours/families/friends investments and they have resorted to sending me PM(s) rather than come here and be bashed.

So continue with your advertising you time shares. Please do read some of my previous posts. Find one negative thing I have ever said about any resort and look at all the good things I have said about many other resorts.

And I apologized for repeating the word my inlaws used (dump) to describe the place.

My vested interest includes me going to Hotel Kingdom every fall and making my reservations that way! I do not own, nor do I know anyone who owns at any timeshare around the world actually!

So keep plugging away at trying to deter people from getting a great rate at a really nice place!

I'm curious if anyone can tell me square footage of the Cypress Pointe Resprt (phase I)units. I was looking at their website, and the pictures on someone's link above, but couldn't find an actual number. The pictures made things look a little cramped, but I'll bet it'll feel different to be there in person. Anyway, I've experienced the "A" side of Vacation Village @ Parkway, and know what that square footage is, so I was interested in comparing. Thanks.

Jeremy B. said:
Are you serious? Have you really nothing better to do with your time then to come here and repeatedly slam this resort? You have never even stepped foot on this property, yet you just love to trash the crap out of it! Honestly, you have 3500 posts, give or take a few, how have you managed to not get banned from this board in that amount of time?

I did step foot on the premises but have not been inside and I have clearly stated that over and over again.

I have not trashed the crap out of it. I have clearly disclosed it was my inlaws opinion, pointed out have many good review this place has had and merely said that the twin bed thing was misleading.

Now why don't you disclose your interest in the place?

I believe I just disclosed it..... I can get 5 nights, 6 days, in a very nice resort for a cheaper price than what you can stay at Disney World's lowest line of on-site hotel. I'll say it again, I DO NOT OWN, and DO NOT KNOW ANYONE THAT DOES OWN!

chobie said:
Now, I would like to say, that Cypress Pointe has gotten more good reviews than bad here and people should take that into consideration when booking a place. .

Quoting myself so people can see that I am not telling anyone not to go there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter