Cypress Pointe

HappyCamper, that is actually a door rather than a window. I can't remember if it has been completely sealed off, or if they are only usable from the inside as a fire escape.

You know what, this is gotten out of hand. So let me just say

CYPRESS POINTE HAS GOTTEN MANY GREAT REVIEWS ON THE DIS -- SO CHECK IT OUT FOR YOURSELF AND WHERE EVER YOU STAY HAVE A GREAT TIME.

Jeremy B. said:
Are you serious? Have you really nothing better to do with your time then to come here and repeatedly slam this resort?

She can't even comprehend the pop-up bed with a picture of it, not really worth your time. I knew the reference about not posting anymore wouldn't hold, she can't resist. Let's let her have the last post, forthcoming. I just wanted to post so that other interested parties could see it was not the trundle you might imagine if you were thinking POR type trundle. I really don't want to sell this resort anymore, either. My prices on hotelkingdom have gone up over 55% in a couple of years. It's still a very good deal but I remember when I got newly remodeled rooms for the pre-renovated price. Those were the days! Now, I'm done posting here, this thread has run its course.

Jeremy B. said:
HappyCamper, that is actually a door rather than a window. I can't remember if it has been completely sealed off, or if they are only usable from the inside as a fire escape.

It looks like a door going into the bedroom of the 1br lock-off, but across from that it sure looks like a window (no little line showing a door opening). It's disappointing that the floorplan they are publishing doesn't seem to match what others are saying they've experienced!

Since I'm being given the last word, I would like to reiterate that people have had to send me pm(s) to share their negative views of CP because the this thread has frightened them from posting anything negative. So if you are looking for honest, unbiased opinions on the place...

HappyCamperToo here's a link to the sq. footage of all CP's units.

http://www.cypresspointe.net/phase.html

Go down to the 2nd chart and you'll get the info needed :sunny:

Happy planning! :sunny:

I was just thinking about when we stayed in the 2 bedroom a couple of years ago and we were on the first floor and I'm pretty sure that we had a window in the 2nd smaller bedroom but it just looked out to underneath the stairs. We were only in the room to sleep and get dressed before heading to the parks! :thumbsup2

I also have pics that DH took of CP if anyone would like me to email them to you just PM me and I'd be more than happy to share them with you.Yikes....I'd better start the packing! :Pinkbounc

their 3 bedroom is pretty popular so I doubt they will have one.

but I don't know for sure.

chobie said:
Quoting myself so people can see that I am not telling anyone not to go there.
chobie said:
I would seriously reconsider it. Sometimes you do get what you pay for.
:confused3 :guilty: I read this as discouraging people from going there. :confused3

Chobie, you seem understandably upset that your post stirred a strong response. I hope anyone reading this understands that posting differing opinions is welcome and it's how we help one another make informed decisions. Posting a third party account, and stating that it's uncorroborated third party opinion, as you did, Chobie, is perfectly fine.

Perhaps if the intial post or two, expressing this opinion, had not been followed by 12-13 more posts defending it... perhaps if 5 of those follow-up posts had not included the descriptive term "dump" (even with an apology, it's not kind to repeat later) then perhaps you may not have raised such ire. On the internet or in email, it's easy to underestimate how poorly our written words may come across. Right or wrong, someone who shares positive impressions with a passion is going to be perceived differently from someone who share negative impressions with a passion.

On a separate issue, it's unfortunate, Chobie, that your inlaws accepted a room which apparently had not been cleaned (unmade beds???). This may have affected their overall impression. It's certainly best to return to check-in or call the front desk immediately so they can rectify it. Hopefully, they won't do that again, for the sake of their health.

For our experience, we have stayed in a Cypress Pointe (Phases One & Two) 3BR once ourselves and we've sent guests twice. Each of these visits were excellent with no serious issues at all. We do not own there - we own with an unrelated timeshare company and we've traded in each time via RCI.

Here's my personal opinion, FWIW, for the OP:
It's a smaller resort and easy to get around, with restaurants and a grocer within walking distance (unusual for a timeshare), a very short drive to Downtown Disney. The landscaping is not as lush as we prefer but the exterior is not run-down in any way. There's adequate parking throughout. The pools and activities facilities are nice - not top of the line but very well-maintained and plentiful enough for the resort size with a good variety for families to spend a day or two out of the week just enjoying the resort. Staff were friendly and helpful.

The kitchen is very adequately equipped, much nicer than most hotel suites or beach rental condos but not the absolute best we've enjoyed. The MBR has a feature common to some timeshares, which we don't really care for - the layout was not especially private for the bathroom commode/shower areas - mostly open to the bedroom (noisy) with large mirrors (quickly fogged by the shower). The 2nd BR, as noted, is really best suited for kids. Our teenage daughter was fine with it, though the TV in that room has no cable so it's really for videos or games. The beds were all comfortable and the LR is spacious with a large-screen tv - very nice! Having 3 full baths was handy with all of our teenagers. The decor was in Florida colors and florals, pleasant. Everything was clean and in good condition (both extremely important to us). Overall, we've enjoyed the place and we'd not only happily return but we would confidently recommend it to friends or family for a fun vacation in a good location.

We've also been to Sheraton Vistana Resort, about a half-mile away, just on the other side of I-4. If you liked CP more than VR (which is much larger with more variation in convenience and in the rooms), I can make a few suggestions for places to research or look for good deals on rentals.

Consider these alternatives, very near Disney property (understanding that we own points in NC with Wyndham/Fairfield):

--- Wyndham/Fairfield Bonnet Creek (next door to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort) - brand new, smaller resort (so far) with most of the same resort amenities as CP and nicer 1BR-4BR rooms, except it's not within walking distance of other restaurants (yet) and grocers. Very popular and deluxe.

--- Silver Lake - walkable, smaller resort, similar amenities (huge fitness room!), 3 min. drive to AK and AKL. It gets mixed reviews but it's undergoing renovations.

And within a 10-15 min drive from WDW:

--- Sheraton Vistana Villages - lovely, newer, walkable resort, 10 min drive from CP on S. Int'l Dr, waterfall zero-entry pool, good amenities, drive to restaurants nearby. Very popular and deluxe.

--- Either of the Hilton (HGVC) resorts - Sea World or Int'l Drive locations - lovely rooms, waterfall pools, good resort amenities, drive to restaurants nearby. Both very popular and deluxe.

--- Wyndham/Fairfield Cypress Palms (~6 miles east in Kissimmee) - walkable, smaller resort, similar amenities and very nice rooms but no 3BRs and it has restaurants w/in walking distance. Quieter feel to this one than the others.

I have no idea what rentals at these places would cost, since we don't rent, we trade in. I didn't include the Marriotts/Horizons, though they are nice, because their rentals seem expensive to me. These recommendations are clearly biased... as opinions necessarily are, by their nature. ;) Take it FWIW! HTH! Enjoy! :)

Lisa P. said:
:confused3 :guilty: I read this as discouraging people from going there. :confused3

Chobie, you seem understandably upset that your post stirred a strong response. I hope anyone reading this understands that posting differing opinions is welcome and it's how we help one another make informed decisions. Posting a third party account, and stating that it's uncorroborated third party opinion, as you did, Chobie, is perfectly fine.

Perhaps if the intial post or two, expressing this opinion, had not been followed by 12-13 more posts defending it... perhaps if 5 of those follow-up posts had not included the descriptive term "dump" (even with an apology, it's not kind to repeat later) then perhaps you may not have raised such ire. On the internet or in email, it's easy to underestimate how poorly our written words may come across. Right or wrong, someone who shares positive impressions with a passion is going to be perceived differently from someone who share negative impressions with a passion.

I twice posted my inlaws thought it was the d-word, I twice apologized for it. A few people took that word and ran with it. Was it wrong for those people to repeat my using that word since you consider it wrong for me to use to apologize? Again, I have seen that word used many times as a description for other resorts and the mods are fine with that term.

But, I'm not upset so much at how people reacted to me, as one poster stated I have been around here for a long time, so I have seen it all as far as board politics go, but I am upset that people are not willing to post thier negative thoughts on this particular resort because of the response to mine.

Though it is obvious you are not trying to add more fuel to the fire, you are basically saying that people should think twice about ever posting an honest, but negative opinion about a place.

I, also, use trip advisor a lot and overall Cypress Pointe gets good reviews. I do have a question. If the 2nd bedroom doesn't have cable, will my son be able to watch tv. Where we live, if you don't have cable, there's no reception.

sbclifton I have never heard of an upgrade (especially during the Christmas season). :sunny:

meta their are only 2 tv's in the 2 bedroom units....1 in the master bedroom and 1 in the livingroom. The one you're mentioning in the 2nd bedroom is only a TV with a built in DVD player and as far as I can recall it only plays DVD's. HTH! :wave2:

meta said:
I, also, use trip advisor a lot and overall Cypress Pointe gets good reviews. I do have a question. If the 2nd bedroom doesn't have cable, will my son be able to watch tv. Where we live, if you don't have cable, there's no reception.

I use trip advisor a lot too for many things both local and away and it is usually pretty accurate.

Ok, I'll chime in here. I frequent this board and some others related to timeshares, and after reading a bunch of positive reviews about this resort, visiting the website, etc. and even having private messages back and forth about it with several owners, I decided to check it out on my own last month. Here are my observations, strictly my opinion, for whatever it is worth. Note -- I did not stay here. I pulled in, walked around and checked it out, but not the rooms, just the grounds.

Pros: I love this location. Even when we used to stay in hotels/motels this is the area I prefer if I have to stay off-site. It is very close to the Disney entrace by Downtown Disney. I like the fact that it is close to grocery stores and restaurants, and Wal-greens, which we always end up needing at some point during our trip! It is also a small resort, not spread out at all. It has a neighborhood feel.

Cons: The pool area seemed small and had no "wow" factor at all to me. Let me preface this by saying that we now stay at DVC resorts, but for many years we did stay at Marriott Courtyards, Staybridge, etc. I guess if I am staying at a "resort", I would expect a resort pool. We just stayed in Sept. at HGVC Sea World and that is a true "resort" IMHO.

CP seemed to me to be a bit "tired" is how I would describe it. I know they are putting new roofs in etc., but that is just my overall impression. I felt like it was more of an apartment feel, again, it wasn't a "resort" to me in the way I think of resorts.

Part of the reason I checked it out was because I am always on the look out for a deal, and it seems like through Sky Auction, HK and other sources a great deal can be had here. I have to say though, we find great steals at resorts like Marriott, HGVC and others, and Vistana can be had for a song if you time it right. Having said that, I will not be staying at CP. It's not that it was terrible, I am not saying that, but it was not for our family given the multitude of Orlando options we have when not staying at Old Key West, our home resort. But, I can see why people would happily stay in a 3BR at CP for a great price.

sammi said:
The one you're mentioning in the 2nd bedroom is only a TV with a built in DVD player and as far as I can recall it only plays DVD's. HTH! :wave2:

Do you know if they rent or loan DVD's to guests?

this is a timeshare and most timeshare will rent you a DVD. they let owners have them for free.

but guests can generally rent them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter