Cypress Pointe

Just back from 2 nights in a Phase II 1 bedroom. This is larger than a DVC studio and includes a small stove with oven, full size small fridge, microwave, toaster, blender, and ample dishes and cookwear. We have stayed in Phase I in a 2 bedroom, and also in a studio. I didnt like the studio -- no couch, table, really like a hotel room. We loved the 2 bedroom, even with the odd toilet arrangement in the bedroom. Great memories of watching Lord of the Rings on the surround sound system. The resort offers many activities, including tie-dying tshirts and various pool games. I will stay here again in a Phase II 1 bedroom when its just DH and I, especially when I'm conserving DVC points on the expensive weekends.

spiceycat said:
this is a timeshare and most timeshare will rent you a DVD. they let owners have them for free.

but guests can generally rent them.

When I've booked through skyauction or getravelop, we are considered an owner, but since I've booked CPR through hotelkingdom, I guess we won't have owners benefits. Oh well. There's too much to do anyway---watching a DVD is at the bottom of my wdw list! And the kids will have some from watching on the plane, anyway....

Lisa P. what a great review, thanks for sharing that with us.

We are staying next month at the Cypress Pointe Grand Villas 2 bedroom for Jersey Week.

Does anyone know if the 2 bedroom villas have a jacuzzi & washer & dryer?

We very excited about staying here. We booked with hotelking for 99.00 a night.

Patricia

Yes the Grande Villa 2 bedroom units have the jacuzzi tub and washer and dryer :) .
Also check in on this link as it compares everything from both CP and CPGV. :thumbsup2

http://www.cypresspointe.net/phase.html

HappyCamperToo what is the gettravelop that your talking about? It sounds interesting and we're always looking for another deal type site! :goodvibes We booked the CP part of our trip through HotelKingdom but I'm interested in any other sites that you have! :thumbsup2

I'm not HappyCamperToo, but www.getravelop.com is a site for government employees. Check it out to see if you might qualify.

Also, thanks, Spicey and Sammi, I was pretty sure I was dreaming as far as hoping for an upgrade. We'll have plenty of room anyway. DD will get the BR, and her BF will take the couch.

We're really looking forward to our stay and staying right in the middle of Lake Buena Vista. :Pinkbounc

Thanks for the link but DH is not a government employee. :goodvibes But I'll be sure to take a look at it......thank you! :)

Hope you have a great holiday and yes you sure are right in the heart of all that is Disney! :Pinkbounc

sammi,
I just wanted to point out that it is an employee of the government at any level-- federal, state, local. So if someone is a substitute teacher for the public schools, that counts, too.

sbclifton - maybe we'll see you there. I think I'll be donning a LGMH this visit, on my backpack. Kids would be too embarrassed if I made it into a pin! Maybe I'll put one on my door, the way some do at the wdw resorts.

-Sue

HappyCamperToo said:
sammi,
I just wanted to point out that it is an employee of the government at any level-- federal, state, local. So if someone is a substitute teacher for the public schools, that counts, too.

sbclifton - maybe we'll see you there. I think I'll be donning a LGMH this visit, on my backpack. Kids would be too embarrassed if I made it into a pin! Maybe I'll put one on my door, the way some do at the wdw resorts.

-Sue

Good deal! I need to acquire a LGMH myself before we leave. It would be interesting to see how many Dis'ers we run across. There will be ten of us in all (two families plus DD's BF and the other mother's dad), so we may be pretty obvious! LOL

HappyCamperToo said:
sammi,

-Sue

What about a county employee does that count too?? TIA

We stayed at Cypresse Pointe Resort for two nights. We stayed at Disney first and then wanted to go somewhere else while we went to Universal.

The price was great. Location was good as well. After leaving Disney though I felt the place was a little run down. There were a lot of renovations going on too which made it feel very un-vacation like. The bathroom situation was just odd but the room itself was clean and pretty nice actually. When we were there in February it was cold (!) so we didn't even bother getting into the pool but it looked nice enough. For the price it was good but not a favorite. The renovations and weather probably play a big part in my impression though.

runwad said:
What about a county employee does that count too?? TIA

I'm pretty sure that it does, but go to the website to read all the particulars. DH and I both work for our local school district.

By the way, I noticed that they had a 1 BR for CPGV for our dates for $299 when you went through the "A" search, but the same thing was more when I checked via the "High Demand" search. So, I guess you would need to check both ways if you were looking for a place (this is the first time I've ever had it happen, so it may not be frequent).

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter