Cutting it too close for magical express?

Someone28624

Mouseketeer
My flight will be landing at 6p in MCO. I am staying at Caribbean Beach. I have a reservation at Hoop Dee Doo at 8:30p. Is this cutting it too close to take Magical Express? Should I plan on Uber?

You could take DME to CBR then Uber from CBR to FW and probably be fine, but at that point why not just head there directly from MCO.

See that thread about DME taking your luggage without you riding. Would depend on what kind of carry-one you have.
I was thinking specifically carry on. It's advisable to bring everything you need for the first 24 hours in your carry on in case there's an issue with your bags (whether caused by the airline or DME, doesn't matter). For some people that's a backpack. For others, it's a duffel bag, for others, a small suitcase. But you asked why not go straight to HDD... one answer is "luggage".

Here is an out-of-the-box idea. Why not take the Express directly to Fort Wilderness?

You’d need to explain the situation to the cast member signing you in at the bus, but I think they’d accommodate... (unless there is some specific rule for safety/insurance/liability that says they can only drop you at your reservation).

Call the DME phone number and see if it’s allowed.

I got off at the ‘wrong’ hotel on purpose because I needed to get to RunDisney Marathon Registration before it closed. So, I jumped off the bus as soon as I was on Disney property to take the random hotel’s shuttle to the ESPN Sports Area. That’s slightly different because I was still on the ‘right’ bus whereas you’d need to be on a different route entirely.

Here is an out-of-the-box idea. Why not take the Express directly to Fort Wilderness?

You’d need to explain the situation to the cast member signing you in at the bus, but I think they’d accommodate... (unless there is some specific rule for safety/insurance/liability that says they can only drop you at your reservation).

Call the DME phone number and see if it’s allowed.

I got off at the ‘wrong’ hotel on purpose because I needed to get to RunDisney Marathon Registration before it closed. So, I jumped off the bus as soon as I was on Disney property to take the random hotel’s shuttle to the ESPN Sports Area. That’s slightly different because I was still on the ‘right’ bus whereas you’d need to be on a different route entirely.
That has not been allowed. You can only get on the bus going to your resort. It worked for you because you were on the right bus.

OP, plan on Uber or car service if you really want to do this. But keep in mind if there are airline delays (weather or mechanical) there is the possibility of you missing this reservation altogether.

I think you're cutting it too close. Isn't HDH a prepaid dinner show? Regular ADR, CM would probably accommodate your if you're late For a regular ADR the no-show penalty is lower and a CM might even waive it.

If you must keep the reservation consider taking Uber directly to FW, particularly if your plane is running late. Any checked luggage should be DME tagged for Disney delivery.

Forget about asking DME. Policy is only to your resort. You don't want to waste time walking to DME and spending time asking for an exception. You're wasting time even if the CM says yes wasting a lot more time if they say no.

You think you have enough time to go to your resort via DME first. Consider Uber to FW.

Cutting it to close for me!

First what about a flight delay? Otherwise landing at 6 means touchdown, then taxi to the gate and walk to DME. Average DME time from check in to hotel is 90 minutes so best case is your at CBR at 7:45 - 8. HDDMR is at the far end of the campground so you need to transfer at least once using Disney Transportation. Uber will get you to the front of the campground where you will catch a bus to the venue. Minnie Van is the only way to rideshare direct to the dinner show. This also doesn't leave any time for a quick freshening up - something I would want to do before a dinner show / after a day of traveling.

It is way too close. You should arrive at Hoop Dee Doo Revue, 30 minutes at least before show time. You will have assigned seats\table. You go to a window and they will give you a "ticket" which has your assigned table.

We landed at 6:09, but by the time we were actually able to get off plane, it was 6:30\6:45. I would consider at least 90 minutes to board Magical Express and arrive at resort. If you wanted to use Uber or Lfyt, they will drop you off at front of the campground and you will need to wait for an internal bus to take you to Pioneer Hall.

You could try to have a Minnie can pick you up at the airport and take you directly to Pioneer Hall. The cost from airport to resort is currently $150 plus tip. However, I'm still not sure, they could get you there in plenty of time.

I would Uber to your resort to drop carryons and then Minnie Van to HDDR. If you Uber to FW, you have to take a bus from Outpost to Settlement. Between wait times and stops, that alone could be 20-30 minutes travel time.

This is why I can never recommend a 'use it or lose it' ressie on arrival night. Arrival night should be a walk up, DS or QS option. Think home resort so no additional travel is needed. On the other hand, many travel with an unlimited budget & losing $$$ would be no issue. But starting a trip with racing & fretting & sweating & sliding in late to an event just doesn't sound all that fun. I think the timing is too close even using Uber.

Glad I asked! Thanks for your advice, everyone. I'm not going to be checking a bag, so I think I'll chance getting an Uber straight to CBR from the airport. I figure if I can drop my bag off, I can take bus to MK and boat to HDDR. If I'm tight on time, Uber right to HDDR from airport.

I'm thinking about changing what night I do HDDR, but of course I'd have to rearrange all of my plans, then, and I was looking forward to something fun and Disney-y right when I got there.

When was the last time you flew on a plane? Late departures/arrivals are very common due to overcrowded airports. If losing money and missing the show is alright with you then...

What time of year? Weather for afternoon early evening flights into MCO are FREQUENTLY affected by weather. I would change my reservation to another night.

When was the last time you flew on a plane? Late departures/arrivals are very common due to overcrowded airports. If losing money and missing the show is alright with you then...

What time of year? Weather for afternoon early evening flights into MCO are FREQUENTLY affected by weather. I would change my reservation to another night.

I fly several times a year, June was the most recent for me, Greece to Toronto. I think I'm lucky, I've only had one experience where a flight was substantially delayed.

My trip is Sunday.

Definitely don't want to throw money away; I'll probably end up changing it.

I'm not going to be checking a bag, so I think I'll chance getting an Uber straight to CBR from the airport. I figure if I can drop my bag off, I can take bus to MK and boat to HDDR. If I'm tight on time, Uber right to HDDR from airport.

If it were me, I would Uber to CBR, check your bag, and then Uber to HDDR. If you tell your first Uber driver what you are doing, he or she may be willing to wait for you since bell services is near the drop off point anyhow. I have had them do that before - they are able to immediately pick up my second ride request. I think this option would give you the most flexibility in terms of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter