Custom made MagicBands?

We have received decals from www.magicyourband.com. I thought they were good quality. To get them all personalized on the inside of the band, you’ll have to order them with a resort stay. We ordered one upgraded personalized band, and three plain colored vans, and they were all shipped within about 10 days of the order. However, I’m not sure if they would send them so soon if you just order the plain colored bands.

I don't know if it depends on the upgrade or resort or what, but I rebooked back in June but didn't get my complimentary bands until last week.

I'm glad to read about the orders shipping so quickly if there is a premium/upgrade MagicBand in the order. That's exactly what the CM told me, but I was skeptical. I just ordered the 2 bands for our room in Dec, and it wouldn't let me bypass the "name". I don't know if there is a way to get around that or not. Some people might not want a name on the band for whatever reason. There are 5-6 bands listed for a reduced price instead of the standard plain one. However, I don't want names on them, since I would be unable to get names on some of the others that I buy off the shelf. Does anyone know how to leave the back blank and not have a name printed on the resort stay MagicBands?

Thanks again!

The names are only on the inside in case you have multiples of the same color MBs.

You can use a black Sharpie to mark out the name. Are all 15 people who need MBs children? Adults would care about a name on their MB?

What you can do instead is stop by a Ticket Window and get a plastic ticket assigned to each person and then they use the ticket instead of the MBs. You can use a Sharpie to write a name on each ticket. Much less expensive than trying to figure out your MB dilemma.

I'm buying these for Christmas stocking stuffers, and want to get a MagicBand with each person's favorite character. Since these will be from "Santa", some of the kids might question why some of the bands have names, and others don't. I tried again to bypass the "name" field on a resort stay MagicBand order, but the best I can do is put in a single initial. I guess that's what I will have to do. Some of the bands won't have the initial on the back, but at least they won't have a mix of names and no names.

I'm buying these for Christmas stocking stuffers, and want to get a MagicBand with each person's favorite character. Since these will be from "Santa", some of the kids might question why some of the bands have names, and others don't. I tried again to bypass the "name" field on a resort stay MagicBand order, but the best I can do is put in a single initial. I guess that's what I will have to do. Some of the bands won't have the initial on the back, but at least they won't have a mix of names and no names.
Can you put in a number instead of a name? Maybe 2020 (since the trip is May 2020)? I don't think anyone would even notice that being out of place or "different" from the other magicbands. Or put in just a period and no letters? That would be small and probably unnoticeable.
I used a black sharpie to try to block out the nickname that DS had chosen for his magicband (then promptly after ordering changed his mind about that nickname. lol). Anyway, the black sharpie is very noticeable. The back of the magicband is more of a dark gray.
I've only seen pics, but the names that can be added to the custom D-Tech magicbands look quite large and IMO not very attractive looking. And since I'm more of a paranoid sort of person I don't want everyone in the park knowing my kids' name. ;-)

If you want NO names on any of them then your best bet is to order all standard bands, so they'll have no names.
But, truthfully, you'll want names on them. All of them. It's going to be impossible to know who's is who's unless everyone has a different one.
Doesn't Santa know their names? Why does having a name on there hurt? I'm confused by that.
If it's some do and some don't, again, Decals will fix this. They'll all have names. Decals look just as good as the off the shelf bands AND it's likely no one else will have a band just like theirs.

Can you put in a number instead of a name? Maybe 2020 (since the trip is May 2020)? I don't think anyone would even notice that being out of place or "different" from the other magicbands. Or put in just a period and no letters? That would be small and probably unnoticeable.
I used a black sharpie to try to block out the nickname that DS had chosen for his magicband (then promptly after ordering changed his mind about that nickname. lol). Anyway, the black sharpie is very noticeable. The back of the magicband is more of a dark gray.
I've only seen pics, but the names that can be added to the custom D-Tech magicbands look quite large and IMO not very attractive looking. And since I'm more of a paranoid sort of person I don't want everyone in the park knowing my kids' name. ;-)
I agree, the names on the D-Tech bands is unattractive.
Unless you never call your child by their name, they'll know, LOL

I didn't think the names on the DTech bands would look very good since they're on the top side near the holes. Thanks for confirming.

And yes, Santa does know their names. Some of the kids are older, but the younger ones might be upset if some of the bands have names on the back, and some of them don't. For sure I will be buying some off the shelf, and I'm pretty sure that some will need to be imprinted there. Those bands will not have names. However, right now I can order MagicBands at reduced prices for our upcoming May resort stay. Not only will I be saving money, but I will know for sure that I was able to secure a certain character that might possibly not be on the shelf at the parks in 3 weeks. Everyone has their favorite character and that's what I'm striving for.

In past trips, it has always been a big deal for everyone to pick out a nickname to be printed on the back of the MagicBands, so I'm sure that they will all look on the back. I tried putting a period in, and it was an error, so my guess is that numbers won't work either.

Thanks everyone for your advice and info! Greatly appreciated.

What if you put generic initials like WDW or WDW20? Would the kids be bothered by some MB having that and some not?

I’ve started putting our initials, the resort initials and date - just so we can tell how old they are!

Everyone in the family has their favorite Disney character. I need 15 of them, and it's either all or none. If I'm not able to get all 15, then I'll need to come up with another idea. I'm happy to find out that there are on property places to get them made if they aren't in stores. I'm wondering which is the best store to find the largest selection of the MagicBands that I won't need to customize. Where would you suggest?

Thanks again for all your help!
You can design your own skins through Magic Your Band, and then apply them to any MB. Their prices are pretty reasonable, and the quality of the skins is great. I have used the same skin on one of my MB's for a total of 20 days in the parks (two 10 day trips) with no problem, and it still looks great.

I don't know if it depends on the upgrade or resort or what, but I rebooked back in June but didn't get my complimentary bands until last week.
If your MB order for the resort stay includes only complimentary (free) bands, they will be mailed out approx. 30 days prior to arrival.
If you pay for any upgraded MBs, the entire order is processed and mailed out a few days after you complete the order.

You can design your own skins through Magic Your Band, and then apply them to any MB. Their prices are pretty reasonable, and the quality of the skins is great. I have used the same skin on one of my MB's for a total of 20 days in the parks (two 10 day trips) with no problem, and it still looks great.
Wow! I looked at that site and now can hardly wait to order them for a big family trip we hope to book for 2021. Thanks for the tip!

I wouldn't really worry about the stores at the parks being sold out of a particular magic band unless for some reason it was a really popular one! There's not a lot of stock online but there always seems to be tons available in the stores! And you should be able to find most of those characters on the shelf (not sure about Eeyore).

Wow! I looked at that site and now can hardly wait to order them for a big family trip we hope to book for 2021. Thanks for the tip!
I used them for a couple of trips and was really pleased. I even made my own with my own artwork. Figuring out the best layout was the hardest part

Thanks everyone for help with this. After discussion, my husband and I decided to have WDW20 printed on the back of the MagicBands that we're ordering for the resort stay. We're hoping to find the rest on property, preferably at the stores, but if not then we'll check out the D-Tech kiosks.

Thanks again!

Thanks everyone for help with this. After discussion, my husband and I decided to have WDW20 printed on the back of the MagicBands that we're ordering for the resort stay. We're hoping to find the rest on property, preferably at the stores, but if not then we'll check out the D-Tech kiosks.

Thanks again!

I think it’s very sweet and generous of you to go through so much trouble to find the magic bands. I suspect I would be saying “stop whining kid I’m taking you to Disney World” 😝

No problem, happy to help. Their designs are great, but the real prize there is that you can design your own. They have a template that they will share with you, which you can use in a graphics editing program (like Adobe Photoshop, or Gimp) and create anything you like. We have come up with quite a few different designs over the years, and nearly always get comments in the parks about them.

In case you're curious to see how the decal turned out (just don't ask me to see what it looks like on the band. I realized I'm terrible at putting these on 😅)

Attachments

• 20191120_193901.jpg
    20191120_193901.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 19
Update to my MagicBand dilemma: After much deliberation, we had decided to have WDW20 (thanks for the suggestion) printed on the back of the Premium bands we ordered for a resort stay. I spent so much time checking the MDE site to see what bands were available. I was happy to see 4 of the bands I wanted show up. I put in my customization request for the print on the back (WDW20) and picked out some solid colors for the remaining 3 people on that reservation. Order came today, and guess what. They printed the person's name on the back instead of the WDW20, and instead of the 3 different colors for the other 3, those were all grey.

I was able to order 2 other premium bands for an additional 2 people on another reservation, and those printed up correctly (WDW20) and the solid colors were correct. However, for our stay coming up in about 10 days, that order had the wrong name on the premium band, and my husband's solid color band was grey instead of orange. To top it off, there was a 3rd band in our order for someone we don't even know. It is a premium band for "Cecelia".

These orders all came today. I just spent nearly 3 hours on the phone trying to straighten out this mess. And that's only for the premium bands! I would need to call MDE concerning those grey bands. I will probably not do that as I have wasted so much time already on this. Not very happy with Disney right now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter