Curse of the Thunder Thighs

VelvetGloves

<font color=teal>Breadstick Fairy><br><font color=
First off, sorry if this is posted to the wrong board...feel free to move if needed. Wasn't sure if I could ask on the Wish board.

Now to the point, I am trying desperately to reduce the size of my thighs. I have always had large thighs, even when I was a size 5. I am currently losing weight by eating right and working out, but I don't have anything that specifically works my thighs. Everything is taken care of but them. Anyone have any suggestions? Hoping to have them under control by mid July for my Disney trip.

Thanks in advance!

VelvetGloves

Do you walk for your exercise? They say that's good for the lower body.

I have big thighs too. You'll probably never get them to the size that you want. We're all genetically predisposed to have a certain shape, and you just can't beat it. However, you may be able to get your thighs a bit smaller if you haven't been working out very intensely (and are ready to start, at least for a while). I have read that some people think that there are some fat cells that you can only burn by working out and not by dieting. And you do have to work out for a while before you start burning fat instead of energy stores that you already have. I wouldn't try to add much thigh work to your workout routine. That will just build muscles in your thighs. When your body burns fat for energy, it gets it from all over, not just the part being worked.

Are you talking about the outside of the thighs or that "stuff" that hangs right inside? I honestly dont think there is a way to get rid of that hanging "stuff"- you know right at the top of the leg right on the inside.
I was speaking to a friend the other day and we both decided no matter what size you get down to, it will always be there.

I walk over 21miles/week and I dont think it will ever go away. They honestly looking like hanging bags. The waist trims, stomach goes down, legs look much trimmer, but those bags remain.

Wow, I feel better. It's good to know it's not just me. Right on the inside at the top of the thigh is exactly where I was referring to imgoingtodisney. I've been working out a little over 3 weeks now, usually once a day. I'm doing weight training and cardiovascular. I've started losing weight and toning up, but my thighs are my sad spot. Kermit, I thought maybe it had to do with genetics...that's what I'll tell everyone since I haven't had much of a change with my thighs in forever! jana, I try to walk a mile a day. Of course, the weather has been erratic lately, so I'm not quite making quota, but I'll try harder.

Thanks again; I feel much better!

VelvetGloves

I HATE my thinghs!!! What is worse is when others (men) think that all our thighs are suppose to be the size they were when we were 2...before we ever had children..... you know the type of men I am talking about.

I also hate that they rub together when walking!!

I'm having the same problem. The other day I was trying on my new bathing suit. I turned around and was so shocked to see all that cottage cheese on the back of my thighs!:eek: I know I need to exercise, but I am so lazy. Years ago I used to run around a track and that would firm up my legs. But I'm older now so it's much harder to take care of.

Does anyone else have the problem of the waist being 2 sizes smaller than what it takes to get over the thighs? How do you buy pants?

I'll copy this to the WISH board for you - WISH stands for We are Inspired to Stay Healthy, so that would be inclusive of exercise.

Good luck!

As a casual observer, okay, not so casual...I'm Velvetgloves Mom...she has been working out and earnestly, not only trying to shape up but doing it. (Puts me to shame.)
I understand her worry about her thighs and blame her father for it! LOL!
Now if only I could get some of her energy and tone up my pathetic excuse for a body. I'm trying, starting working out and walking...watch my calories...then I get hit with a flu bug and back to the sidelines I go...at least until it has run it's course.
Velvetgloves inspires me to try.
I'll be sure to get some pics of her new improved self on vacation in July and post them for you.
Way to go, Velvetgloves!
=0)

Ok, I saw a commercial the other day for an Avon product called Cellusculpt. Its supposed to firm the skin and take off an inch after 4 weeks. Its just a lotion and I think they said it was around $15. Now, its probably some dumb thing that doesn't even work, but for $15 maybe its worth a try! I'm thinking about getting some myself. Good luck.

Okay, I use the Cellu-sculpt, and I really like it! I haven't measured, but my legs do look better, less cottage-cheese like, etc. Now, I also have to say that I workout a lot, I do lots of strenght training and walking/running, so my legs have improved over the past few years from that, but after I started using the Cellu-sculpt, they do look and feel better to me. I've been using it for about a month now, I guess I should have measured to really see! Oh, and Self magazine tested this product, I think 3 of their editors used it and they did see the inch come off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter