Current Tour Incentives

Katie L

Mouseketeer
We are going to WDW at end of this month. We received a mailer offering us $50 to take the tour. Is this pretty much what they are offering these days? What else should I ask for???? I'm curious to see Riviera as well as spend a bit of time at SSR.

We are going to WDW at end of this month. We received a mailer offering us $50 to take the tour. Is this pretty much what they are offering these days? What else should I ask for???? I'm curious to see Riviera as well as spend a bit of time at SSR.
In park, after my son approached a dvc person at their booth about pin trading, we were solicited for a tour. My wife who was doing her best to not be interested caved when they offered $150 in gift cards, and 3 anytime fastpasses(per person). Free transportation to the tour and dropped at poly for a previously reserved breakfast res. Also got 3 rice crispy treats on the tour. Tour was on March 2.

We had previously been interested in DVC, but had not bought. We did not buy at the presentation, but we did 2 weeks later. So I guess their approach worked.
I think if you are actively calling them, I wouldn't expect as much.......if they cold sell you in park, I think they are more apt to incentivize you a bit more.

In park, after my son approached a dvc person at their booth about pin trading, we were solicited for a tour. My wife who was doing her best to not be interested caved when they offered $150 in gift cards, and 3 anytime fastpasses(per person). Free transportation to the tour and dropped at poly for a previously reserved breakfast res. Also got 3 rice crispy treats on the tour. Tour was on March 2.

We had previously been interested in DVC, but had not bought. We did not buy at the presentation, but we did 2 weeks later. So I guess their approach worked.
I think if you are actively calling them, I wouldn't expect as much.......if they cold sell you in park, I think they are more apt to incentivize you a bit more.

Maybe we'll stop by the kiosk "randomly" on our first day. $50 doesn't seem worth my time when I only have 5 days in the park. $150 could be more convincing. ;)

We were there in early March and they were offering $75 per person (who attended) and 3 FPs for everyone in the room (even if they didn't take the tour). It was 150$ for my DH and I...tour was one hour and very low pressure - well worth our time! We were staying at BC and able to do it at Boardwalk first thing in the morning on one of our pool days. We ended up deciding to buy (but resale).

We were there in early March and they were offering $75 per person (who attended) and 3 FPs for everyone in the room (even if they didn't take the tour). It was 150$ for my DH and I...tour was one hour and very low pressure - well worth our time!

Maybe we'll drag the nanny AND the kids then. HA!!!!!

Maybe we'll drag the nanny AND the kids then. HA!!!!!
Hahaha - good idea, but there is a limit on 2 gift cards per room. We found that out the hard way when my sister (who attended the tour and was staying in my parents room) didn't get a gift card afterwards. They wouldn't budge when she called to ask about it. But she did get the FPs, as did my kids who didn't attend the tour.

Also - they tend to give better "incentives" if you are staying on property - we were offered the $50 per person, but when they found out we were staying at POP, they upped it to $75 per person

My wife and I did the tour yesterday. They gave us both a $25 gift card. Maybe I should have negotiated harder.

Hahaha - good idea, but there is a limit on 2 gift cards per room. We found that out the hard way when my sister (who attended the tour and was staying in my parents room) didn't get a gift card afterwards. They wouldn't budge when she called to ask about it. But she did get the FPs, as did my kids who didn't attend the tour.

So glad you let me know of this! We won't waste her time!

Also - they tend to give better "incentives" if you are staying on property - we were offered the $50 per person, but when they found out we were staying at POP, they upped it to $75 per person

We are on property. POR and CBR.

We are owners and did the tour with a relative who is not a member .We received 3 fast passes and they received gift cards and fast passes..

We bought about 10 years ago and put our adult kids names on the deed. When poly came out, DD was thinking about buying until they saw the type of villas at there. Just curious if they would have gotten anything for a tour now somewhere else.

My wife and I each received $75 and 3 fast passes for each of us and our 2 kids. The fast passes had restrictions. Also they will pick you up and drop you off anywhere on property
Do you happen to remember what ride restrictions the fast passes had? I can’t seem to find this info anywhere. Thanks :)

If you are already DVC members and go on a tour of Riviera, can you receive the fast passes?

If you are already DVC members and go on a tour of Riviera, can you receive the fast passes?
Usually if you are a member and just want to see the new villas, they set up specific times of the day for members to tour them. You don't get anything other than maybe a glass of lemonade and a cookie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!