Current spring promotion

luvsvacations

DIS Veteran
We are a group of 4 - currently book at ASMU suite - I am thinking of changing to a OKW studio. The pool just looks so nice. ANyway - I have a niece that could possibly end up joining us. If I change to OKW we would have to rebook to something different - currently we are there from April 11-15. Now if she decides to do this on, say April 5, and we need to change can I still get the promo deal and go to possibly back to the ASMU suite ?? Also when changing what happens if you are scheduled for ME and your tags have the wrong resort ?? Thanks

We are a group of 4 - currently book at ASMU suite - I am thinking of changing to a OKW studio. The pool just looks so nice. ANyway - I have a niece that could possibly end up joining us. If I change to OKW we would have to rebook to something different - currently we are there from April 11-15. Now if she decides to do this on, say April 5, and we need to change can I still get the promo deal and go to possibly back to the ASMU suite ?? Also when changing what happens if you are scheduled for ME and your tags have the wrong resort ?? Thanks
A lot will depend on what is available when you try to re-book. That ASMu suite may not be available for every night of the new week. Or if it is, it may not be available with a discount. Disney only sets so many rooms aside at each resort and in each category for the discount rates. You would be rolling the dice on this one.

If you have a package, there is also the possibility of having to pay change fees since you're inside the 45-day window. They usually waive the fee if your new price is higher than the old price. Disney doesn't want to make it too unpleasant when they're taking more of your money from you.

You can get new ME tags sent to you if your resort changes. Or you can retrieve your luggage from the baggage claim carousel and stop at the DME desk to pick up your new vouchers if there isn't enough time to have the tags mailed to you.

Darned if I do and darned if I dont. Does this promo end March 31 ?? It would not have to be ASMU just dont want to have to go where it would be a big difference in price. IF she decided to come. Thanks

Darned if I do and darned if I dont. Does this promo end March 31 ?? It would not have to be ASMU just dont want to have to go where it would be a big difference in price. IF she decided to come. Thanks

Port Orleans Riverside is the only moderate that will sleep 5. But I'm not sure what your niece's age/size is. The 5th person bed is small and fits a child/ver small adult. But you would be prepared if she came on the trip or not and the price would be less than the ASMU suite and OKW studio. I have stayed at ASMU (but in a regular room) and an OKW studio but have not ever stayed at POR. In the site now. Looks like for your dates OKW studio is $257.60/nt, ASMU suite $207.20/$243.20, POR $150/168.75 per night. Oh, so it wasn't that the OKW studio was cheaper but it was just your preferred resort and you are worried if you have to switch back to ASMU suite at the last minute the price will be rack, and higher? You could go w/ the 1 bedroom at OKW but that is $355.60/nt. That technically sleeps 5 (5th person in a sleeper chair) but if you go through WDW reservations and not through DVC I don't think they let you book 5 in that unit. You could rent DVC points for OKW. Just tried to add the 5th person online to the 1 bedroom at OKW and they allowed it. That price for the 1 bedroom at OKW is only about $30-something dollars more per night than the rack rate for an ASMU suite.

A lot will depend on what is available when you try to re-book. That ASMu suite may not be available for every night of the new week. Or if it is, it may not be available with a discount. Disney only sets so many rooms aside at each resort and in each category for the discount rates. You would be rolling the dice on this one.

If you have a package, there is also the possibility of having to pay change fees since you're inside the 45-day window. They usually waive the fee if your new price is higher than the old price. Disney doesn't want to make it too unpleasant when they're taking more of your money from you.

You can get new ME tags sent to you if your resort changes. Or you can retrieve your luggage from the baggage claim carousel and stop at the DME desk to pick up your new vouchers if there isn't enough time to have the tags mailed to you.

This is correct. I also wanted to add that if you want to change resorts after the promo expires, you will have to talk to someone in guest services as regular reservation CMs usually don't have access to expired promos and can't check availability/make a change once a promo has expired.

Thanks for the input - I wish I had asked earlier - especially with the price for a 1 bedroom OKW. But - we have a package and I cannot cancel that. So, I went with the studio - and you know what that means - 3 days before I will get a phone call! Gotta love em!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter