Current price at the gate?

m1ckeym0use1

Mouseketeer
We heading to Paris next month and considering a day trip to Disney. Looking at the website, it's clear you save $$ by pre-purchasing your ticket. However, we're trying to stay flexible depending on weather and if we'd rather have an extra day to look around Paris.

Is it correct that the current gate price is the same as the Magic Flex ticket pricing online? We'll need 1 day/2 park tickets, and the Magic Flex shows $102 online.

The day we MIGHT go to the park is April 18th, which shows it only requires a Magic ticket.

I'm basically trying to figure out how much $$ we save by giving up flexibility and buying/committing to the tickets in advance.

Thanks!
-Mark

Hi! I would also like to know the current gate prices - and if it changes often. I can see that the thread is a month old and that you probably are at DLP now. So I was wondering if you could post the prices? Thanks

These are the current prices at the gate (in EUR)

1 day / 1 park = 79 (adult) / 71 (child)
1 day / 2 parks = 94 (adult) / 86 (child)

They're the same price as the SUPER MAGIC PLUS (gotta love that name :teeth:) you can buy online.

If you know when you're going, it's really worth checking online the calendar for the MINI, MAGIC or SUPER MAGIC tickets. You need to buy them up to 1 day before you visit the parks. The MINI for 1 day / 1 parks is only 49 EUR (for adults) or 42 EUR for children, so it can really make a difference. The calendar also gives you an idea on how busy they expect the parks to be.... The MINI apply to the quietest times (in general).

So you don't really need to give up on your flexibility to buy online, as long as you decide the day before you visit and buy the corresponding ticket, you should save money (unless you're going during the peak periods where only the SUPER MAGIC PLUS applies)

The calendar is in French but it should give you an idea:

schedule-tickets-STR.jpg

The Good News: We'll be there on a "green" day!
The Bad News: I can't figure out the difference between a Super-Magic, Magic and/or Mini ticket. The website ticket page really says nothing. Can anyone tell me what the advantages to the higher-level tickets are? We'll be visiting for a single day only and will want the option to see both parks.

TIA! :wave2:

There are no advantages (other than the flexibility with the dates if you haven't selected a particular one), it's simply cheaper to go on some days. If you're definitely going on a green day, you just need to get a MINI ticket.

There are no advantages (other than the flexibility with the dates if you haven't selected a particular one), it's simply cheaper to go on some days. If you're definitely going on a green day, you just need to get a MINI ticket.
Thanks. One more question - are those tickets transferable to another person? On the chance that we decide against actually going, could we give the tickets to someone else to use in our place?

Thanks. One more question - are those tickets transferable to another person? On the chance that we decide against actually going, could we give the tickets to someone else to use in our place?

I don't know. It used to be that tickets bought online had your name, but I don't know if they still do it

Thanks! I'm a new AP holder and just wanted to see if buying at the gate with -20% was cheaper than buying online for my friend's ticket.
Is it possible to buy multible day tickets at the gate?
We are there for 3 days in September (one green day and two light blue) so I would need a MAGIC but I can't figure out the price for the 3 days at both parks - is it 3 x 94€?? There is an offer with 3 days for at price of 2, it's 147€. I think that's good deal, don't think buying at the gate with -20% is worth it...

I've now bought some tickets online for friends and family, tickets do have the person's name, and it does say they could ask for ID. So I would say they're not transferable...

Thanks! I'm a new AP holder and just wanted to see if buying at the gate with -20% was cheaper than buying online for my friend's ticket.
Is it possible to buy multible day tickets at the gate?
We are there for 3 days in September (one green day and two light blue) so I would need a MAGIC but I can't figure out the price for the 3 days at both parks - is it 3 x 94€?? There is an offer with 3 days for at price of 2, it's 147€. I think that's good deal, don't think buying at the gate with -20% is worth it...

You could get a MINI for the green day and a MAGIC for each of the blue days.

Personally I find that the offers online are better than the 20% discount you get with the AP (and saves you needing to queue when you get to the park).

I've now bought some tickets online for friends and family, tickets do have the person's name, and it does say they could ask for ID. So I would say they're not transferable...
Thanks. I've decided not to worry about saving a few bucks by pre-purchasing. We've only got one day to possibly visit DLP and can't say for a certainty that our plans won't change. If we go, we'll be perfectly happy buying at the gate! :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter