Current link to comptroller site to look up DVC deeds?

Actually, I am speaking from my experience of buying 3 contracts and not seeing them on the website for over 2 months. And also, my experience for paying off 2 of those contracts and also not seeing them shown as paid for two months. I suppose my experiences were unique just to me then!!!
I suppose that they may have been unique to you.

I have purchased 11 resale contracts, the last of which was just last month. It has never taken months for the deed to show up on the O.C. comptroller's website. Most of the time it is only a matter of days. This last time, it was recorded the same day that closing occurred.

Magic Vacation Title

Well my closing company is Magic Vacation Title also and I was informed that the contract was closed on June 3rd. I have been checking the OCC website each day and the deed transfer has yet to appear. Very frustrated with this process.

Well my closing company is Magic Vacation Title also and I was informed that the contract was closed on June 3rd. I have been checking the OCC website each day and the deed transfer has yet to appear. Very frustrated with this process.
I feel your pain. I have looked at the "closing time" thread -- I see so many contracts closed and the deeds seem to be on OCC either the same day or by the next business day. Mine closed on 6/6 (a Thursday) so of course obsessive me has been checking the OCC to see when it shows up. Nothing yet, but I am only on 2 business days post closing. My closing company was Jeffrey Sweet, but i don't know if they handle the paperwork electronically or not. So i guess i just keep waiting.

I feel your pain. I have looked at the "closing time" thread -- I see so many contracts closed and the deeds seem to be on OCC either the same day or by the next business day. Mine closed on 6/6 (a Thursday) so of course obsessive me has been checking the OCC to see when it shows up. Nothing yet, but I am only on 2 business days post closing. My closing company was Jeffrey Sweet, but i don't know if they handle the paperwork electronically or not. So i guess i just keep waiting.

I’ve checked the Comptroller website again and thankfully mine has now appeared on there. Mine went for recording on the 6th and appeared today, so 4 days in total.

Im still waiting for showing up on the OC Website. Magic Vacation told me it takes 24 hours. Today it is 48 hours and nothing happen
the transfer to disney only starts when it is recorded?

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I recall seeing mention in the past of a site with resort diagrams that would allow us to see the location of the actual unit our deed was for. Is that somewhere on the comptroller website or elsewhere? Thanks!

I was told that the unit listed on our deed didn’t exist, so I doubt there would be a diagram.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I recall seeing mention in the past of a site with resort diagrams that would allow us to see the location of the actual unit our deed was for. Is that somewhere on the comptroller website or elsewhere? Thanks!
The drawings are on the OCC site. On the right hand side uncheck the box to reveal a drop down menu. Select “Condo Drawing”, perhaps specify a date range around the early years of the resort in question, then on the advanced tab add your resort name in the legal remarks field. That should get you started.

My deed showed up on that site last month within hours of the closing. It was VERY VERY quick.

I was told that the unit listed on our deed didn’t exist, so I doubt there would be a diagram.

It has to exist - that’s what you bought, a “real estate interest” in a DVC resort. However, the Residential Unit you bought a percentage of is different from the resort room numbers (Villas) that make up that Residential Unit. If you follow the instructions below (OCC refers to the Orange County Comptroller’s website) you can find the drawings that DVD was legally required to file with Orange County and the State of Florida, to get the license to sell their timeshare.

The drawings are on the OCC site. On the right hand side uncheck the box to reveal a drop down menu. Select “Condo Drawing”, perhaps specify a date range around the early years of the resort in question, then on the advanced tab add your resort name in the legal remarks field. That should get you started.

Well Disney can’t sell you a deeded interest in a unit that isn’t declared or doesn’t exist so you either have a typo on the deed or got bad info. Wil Lovato @wdrl is an expert and archivist regarding DVC resort declarations and sales. Here are a couple of his articles covering Riviera if you haven’t seen them. Do you see your unit number in any of the declarations he shows?

I added on a few years ago at SSR. I swore my deed showed unit 18 and was confused searching OCC. On another site conferring with @wdrl he pointed out it was 1B. Doh! 😊

https://dvcnews.com/index.php/resor...era-rooms-declared-into-timeshare-association
https://dvcnews.com/index.php/resor...-disney-files-first-riviera-deeds-with-county

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!