Current direct cost for sold out resorts?

jessa07

Can we do RnRC one more time??
Hi all! My family bought 150 points at BWV direct back in the 90s. We are FINALLY in a position to add on, and I’m so excited! I am currently leaning towards buying a small (50-75pts) contract direct, mainly to not have the restrictions on booking the new resorts (staying at Riviera is appealing to us, but the points chart is what it is, and just 150 points would be difficult trying to stay there. Don’t want to buy Riviera for reasons I’m sure you all know). We’re mainly looking at AKV and BLT for the longer contracts, I don’t think we want another 2042 resort. What are those points going for direct from Disney? Any other things we should think about before we pull the trigger?

Hi all! My family bought 150 points at BWV direct back in the 90s. We are FINALLY in a position to add on, and I’m so excited! I am currently leaning towards buying a small (50-75pts) contract direct, mainly to not have the restrictions on booking the new resorts (staying at Riviera is appealing to us, but the points chart is what it is, and just 150 points would be difficult trying to stay there. Don’t want to buy Riviera for reasons I’m sure you all know). We’re mainly looking at AKV and BLT for the longer contracts, I don’t think we want another 2042 resort. What are those points going for direct from Disney? Any other things we should think about before we pull the trigger?
There’s a complete list for direct pricing here:
https://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-program/financial/pricing-a-promotions

Took a DVC tour yesterday and asked about AKV. The gentleman we toured with said he has seen small contracts (75-100) for AKV available to our purchase direct as recently as that morning for $176 a point.

Another point to add is that even if they don't currently have the location and UY you are looking for, they will add you to a wait list and contact you once points become available for purchase at your preferred location.

These are the current direct prices for the original 14 DVC resorts, also referred to as the Legacy Resorts (with the last increase in January 2019):
AKL up $5 from $171 to $176
Aulani up 6 from $182 to $188
BLT up $34 from $191 to $225
BCV up $40 from $185 to $225
BWV up $19 from $171 to $190
BRV up $5 from $171 to $176
CCV up $6 from $182 to $188 ~ CCV had an additional price increase and is now $210
HH stayed the same at $121
OKW up $5 from $151 to $156
PVB up $15 from $220 to $235
SSR up $9 from $151 to $160
VB stayed the same at $100
VGC up $25 from $235 to $260
VGF up $25 from $220 to $245

Last edited:
These are the current direct prices for the original 14 DVC resorts, also referred to as the Legacy Resorts (with the last increase in January 2019):
CCV up $6 from $182 to $188
Copper Creek is actually $210 now that it is almost "sold out"

Does anyone know if the direct OKW are the extended contract end year or the original end year? Tyia

Does anyone know if the direct OKW are the extended contract end year or the original end year? Tyia
They are the extended. From what I understand, ALL deeds were extended (they had no choice but to do so) but those who didn't pay the fee do not have the right to the extension.

They are the extended. From what I understand, ALL deeds were extended (they had no choice but to do so) but those who didn't pay the fee do not have the right to the extension.

All of the direct contracts are extended to 2057.

My understanding is that owners who sell their contracts now that were not extended are being required to sign a quit-claim deed that relinquishes their right to the extension, so that the contract remains a 2042 contract for the new owners.

Even worse, VGF opened at $145 per point, now $245 direct. Not sure why anyone would purchase direct though. You don’t purchase VGF or even BLT to trade into Riviera.

CCV up $6 from $182 to $188 ~ CCV had an additional price increase and is now $210

Vero is now $110

Does anyone know if you are buying sold out resorts direct from Disney, is it easier to buy small contracts (25 to 50)? Can they take contracts that they've bought back through ROFR and break them up? Or can they only sell you the inventory they currently have (similar to resale)? I know they can change the use year.

Yes, they can break them up.

Just to clarify (I'm on the hunt for a direct 25 point Vero Beach contract), the likelihood of them being able to fulfill this request on the waiting list is pretty high. All they need is to acquire almost any VB contract through ROFR, and breaking off 25 points would be easy.

Does anyone know if you are buying sold out resorts direct from Disney, is it easier to buy small contracts (25 to 50)? Can they take contracts that they've bought back through ROFR and break them up? Or can they only sell you the inventory they currently have (similar to resale)? I know they can change the use year.
You can buy whatever you want. If no points are available, you can go on a waitlist for the maximum number you want. If something comes in and matches part of that waitlist request, Disney will offer to sell it to you. Disney can break up the larger units it pulls back and resell as smaller pieces. More recently Disney can also change UYs around to align with what you want just as long as the points are there for the current UY you want to buy. Disney could sell contracts with no 2018 UY points for February, March, April, June, and August. If you want September, October, or December, there needs to be 2018 points available.

Just to clarify (I'm on the hunt for a direct 25 point Vero Beach contract), the likelihood of them being able to fulfill this request on the waiting list is pretty high. All they need is to acquire almost any VB contract through ROFR, and breaking off 25 points would be easy.
Did you already speak with a guide to see if VB was available? What UY do you want?

You can buy whatever you want. If no points are available, you can go on a waitlist for the maximum number you want. If something comes in and matches part of that waitlist request, Disney will offer to sell it to you. Disney can break up the larger units it pulls back and resell as smaller pieces. More recently Disney can also change UYs around to align with what you want just as long as the points are there for the current UY you want to buy. Disney could sell contracts with no 2018 UY points for February, March, April, June, and August. If you want September, October, or December, there needs to be 2018 points available.

Did you already speak with a guide to see if VB was available? What UY do you want?
spoke with them a couple of days ago and nothing was available. Haven't yet gone on the waitlist. I started toying around with going with 25 SSR instead of VB (see my other thread for full details), because I was worried that it may take forever for a 25 point VB to become available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter