cupcakes!

As artsy as Jassy is you guys know she's going to have a killer logo made up!!!

Sherry, mmmmmmmm lemon cupcakes.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lemon with a nice light white frosting on them....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Peppermint is cool too, with chocolate frosting...OMG, that would be soooooooo good!!!!!!

As artsy as Jassy is you guys know she's going to have a killer logo made up!!!

Sherry, mmmmmmmm lemon cupcakes.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lemon with a nice light white frosting on them....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Peppermint is cool too, with chocolate frosting...OMG, that would be soooooooo good!!!!!!

OR.....chocolate cupcakes with pink peppermint frosting!:goodvibes Yes, I think lemon with some nice white frosting would be good (or even lemon on lemon - lemon cake and lemon frosting)! Maybe a nice pink cupcake with fluffy strawberry frosting.... I don't like coconut, but many people do, so perhaps something tropical in theme with a little coconut flavor during the summer. Peach cake with peach frosting.... Jasmine, don't mind me while I plan your whole cupcake menu!!:lmao:

Jasmine will definitely come up with a creative design or logo, as well as a cool name. She is talented in that way where she can do all of that stuff that other folks pay people to do for them - which saves a lot of money!!

Hi, LavenderPeach!!!:goodvibes I know, I guess I either haven't been on as much this week or when I have been on recently, you didn't join in the thread. I have been in a few threads with Budgie lately, however - like the Earthquake topic was a fun one!!

Yeah, I haven't had as much time to be on the boards lately. Sometimes I have time to read a few posts but I don't always have time to reply so I've been a bit of a lurker lately I guess. I did read some of the Earthquake thread which seems to have turned into the black hole thread. :rotfl:

OR.....chocolate cupcakes with pink peppermint frosting!:goodvibes

I like the idea of chocolate with pink frosting. Not only does it sound yummy but pink and brown seem to be a popular color combo these days so I think it would look really cool.

If you do the Truck - get it painted a fun pink or aqua or color it something that has "retro kitchen" personality.

Then, put a display case in the truck. That way, you won't have to saran wrap the cupcakes - which ruins the cute frosting.

I think it's a fabulous idea and you guys would be awesome at this!

I think it's a neat idea, but to be honest I wouldn't buy cupcakes from a truck... :confused3

However, I would whole heartedly support a cup cake delivery service :lovestruc

I'm surprised by the number of folks who wouldn't buy cupcakes from a van! One of the best things about summer is the local farmer's markets. There is a baker who hauls his stuff up here...nothing is wrapped so, yes, you're taking the chance it's been touched or even had a fly on it...who sells out every Saturday! There are two ladies who make tamales. I'm sure neither has a legal kitchen...but those are the best tamales you're ever going to eat!

Once I bought a box of crackers from Kmart, and half way through the box found a cracker that had a rat hair baked through it! (And, yes, I do have personal experience with rats...thanks to having the fun of cleaning their cages daily one year at summer school, I'm very rat-savvy :rotfl:."

Since then I've come to realize that all the plastic in the world doesn't guarantee food safety. Give me a gal with a passion for cupcakes and her van and I'll be there. When you see the face behind the name there is a trust that exists.

Yes, I honestly think people would buy the cupcakes from you, Jasmine, even if they had very little in the way of packaging. As I said, the lone ladies I have seen sitting in the lobbies of business buildings sell their baked goods with very informal packaging and people buy them. Now if you had a bunch of surly looking men selling them, it may be a different story, but I think people tend to trust women more so I think you would have business wherever you go.

Still brainstorming...So if you sold mini versions of all the regular-sized cupcakes, or made totally different flavors of the mini ones, you could do an all pink mini-cupcake (like cherry or strawberry or whatever) and call them 'Rosebud Babycakes.' A mini-lemon cupcake could be 'Lemon Drop Babycakes.' All white mini-cupcakes could be 'Babycake Pearls.'.... 'Babycake Gems.' 'Ruby Babycakes' or 'Babycake Rubies.' 'Cherry Blossom Babycakes.' 'Peach Blossom Babycakes.' 'Ginger Snap Babycakes'..... Endless possibilities!!

And then, of course, er....uh....you will probably want to 'test out the cupcakes' on random people to see what feedback you get, so I am sure some of us on the DIS would be willing Guinea pigs!!

OR.....chocolate cupcakes with pink peppermint frosting!:goodvibes Yes, I think lemon with some nice white frosting would be good (or even lemon on lemon - lemon cake and lemon frosting)! Maybe a nice pink cupcake with fluffy strawberry frosting.... I don't like coconut, but many people do, so perhaps something tropical in theme with a little coconut flavor during the summer. Peach cake with peach frosting.... Jasmine, don't mind me while I plan your whole cupcake menu!!:lmao:

Jasmine will definitely come up with a creative design or logo, as well as a cool name. She is talented in that way where she can do all of that stuff that other folks pay people to do for them - which saves a lot of money!!

Yes, I honestly think people would buy the cupcakes from you, Jasmine, even if they had very little in the way of packaging. As I said, the lone ladies I have seen sitting in the lobbies of business buildings sell their baked goods with very informal packaging and people buy them. Now if you had a bunch of surly looking men selling them, it may be a different story, but I think people tend to trust women more so I think you would have business wherever you go.

Still brainstorming...So if you sold mini versions of all the regular-sized cupcakes, or made totaly different flavors of the mini ones, you could do an all pink mini-cupcake (like cherry or strawberry or whatever) and call them 'Rosebud Babycakes.' A mini-lemon cupcake could be 'Lemon Drop Babycakes.' All white mini-cupcakes could be 'Babycake Pearls.' Endless possibilities!!

And then, of course, er....uh....you will probably want to 'test out the cupcakes' on random people to see what feedback you get, so I am sure some of us on the DIS would be willing Guinea pigs!!

mmmm pink peppermint icing....yummmmmmmmmm Man, I don't think Jasmine will have ANY problems making this work, not with all our idea! lol I'll be a guinea pig..... hehe

Location would be key, if it was going up and down my neighborhood, probably not, if I saw it while shopping at an our door shopping center (in vegas we have several) yeah maybe or even on the strip here I would. Sounds like a unique idea best of luck to you!

I'm surprised by the number of folks who wouldn't buy cupcakes from a van! One of the best things about summer is the local farmer's markets. There is a baker who hauls his stuff up here...nothing is wrapped so, yes, you're taking the chance it's been touched or even had a fly on it...who sells out every Saturday! There are two ladies who make tamales. I'm sure neither has a legal kitchen...but those are the best tamales you're ever going to eat!

Thats not normal for around this area. Not many farmer's markets to speak of.

Thats not normal for around this area. Not many farmer's markets to speak of.

You don't have any kind of market night around there? It seems like every town tries to have a market night of some kind these days where they not only have produce but also baked goods, kettle corn, food (often various ethnic foods), and entertainment.

Oh my goodness!

I've been swamped with design work for school and I come back to all these wonderful responses!!! Thats so awesome. Sooo it looks like the proposed idea is kind of iffy to my aunt who was going to get a bank loan for the idea. We'll see what happens though! I really want to do it because I've already designed a logo and everything (LavenderPeach ;))

I actually received a state-wide award for the whole concept so hopefully it pulls through because EVERYONE'S seemed to love it. I've even made t-shirts for some of my cousins and my sister in-laws with the logo on it ;)

here it is (ignore the little crosshair, its from the illustrator program):

Picture3.png

That is so cute!!! I hope you can make it happen!!! and I want a shirt! :)

I love it! That is SO cute! Okay, now I can rest easy knowing there is some good design going on here. ;)

:cool1:

That is so cute!!! I hope you can make it happen!!! and I want a shirt! :)

Thank you !! If it happens, you'll be on my list of people to give shirts to!

I love it! That is SO cute! Okay, now I can rest easy knowing there is some good design going on here. ;)

:cool1:

HAHA :) Thats good! Thank you !! I told them (my aunt and mom) that if we were to start the business I'd totally love to design the merch for the place ;) Hopefully its a go because I'd totally love to do it!

You know, in this economy a cupcake is the perfect small, decadent indulgence that doesn't break the bank! I think you are a genius!! :yay:

You don't have any kind of market night around there? It seems like every town tries to have a market night of some kind these days where they not only have produce but also baked goods, kettle corn, food (often various ethnic foods), and entertainment.

Nope. Don't have any of those. A few cities over they do a weekday afternoon thing.....mostly fresh fruit and veggies.

Last summer at the Alameda County Fair in NorCal, there was a truck selling cupcakes and mini-cupcakes. You got to pick what frosting and what toppings you wanted. It was such a cute idea that I'm surprised that no one had thought of it before (I am a closet cupcake fiend and therefore biased).

An idea for the cupcakes is to invest in some food coloring, gum paste, and small cookie cutters so that you can have gum paste decorations (like initials or cherries [for cherry-flavored cupcakes]) for topping the cupcakes. I know that from reading food blogs baked goods trucks do very well in NYC, so it's plausible that they'd do well in California.

Thank you !! If it happens, you'll be on my list of people to give shirts to!

HAHA :) Thats good! Thank you !! I told them (my aunt and mom) that if we were to start the business I'd totally love to design the merch for the place ;) Hopefully its a go because I'd totally love to do it!

Woo Hoooooo!!!!! I'm on the shirt list! I feel so special!!!! :)

If a woman in Beverly Hills can open up a gourmet cupcake place called Sprinkles, selling cupcakes for $36 a dozen, I'm sure you can make a go from selling cupcakes. :) There's 6-7 stores now with another 10 on the way. We finally got a store here in Dallas now and going to check it out tomorrow.

There's money in cupcakes it seems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter