CSR opinions

sleeperclan

DIS Veteran
I received a pin code and we are thinking of a quick December trip:cheer2: Any opinions of CSR? Every time we've driven by, I have wanted to slip in and take a look around. Which section are the preferred rooms in? Can I request a lake view? Any help would be appreciated!

It's the only moderate we've ever stayed at and we love it (we've stayed nine times).

Check out the "unofficial CSR thread" which has lots of information.

You can pay for a preferred room (Casitas 1, 2 and 3 are teh buildings for pereferred) and you can pay for a preferred water view.

We stayed at Coronado twice, both times in the Casitas with a lake view. Everyone complains about how big the resort is but it's all so beautiful. Great pool there too! I haven't stayed anywhere else to compare it to but we really liked it both times.

We are staying at CSR in August and we are really looking forward to it. I love the theming. My thought is that we like other resorts and didn't know if we would like it or not until we tried. There may be a time we decide to return, but I like to try something new. I suspect we are really going to like CSR.

We love CSR. It is a beautiful resort so I don't mind the extra walking. In fact I find it peaceful. Just keep in mind a waterview room does not guarantee a lake view. Your room could be overlooking the quiet pools or a courtyard fountain instead.

We love CSR. It is a beautiful resort so I don't mind the extra walking. In fact I find it peaceful. Just keep in mind a waterview room does not guarantee a lake view. Your room could be overlooking the quiet pools or a courtyard fountain instead.

i won't be happy if i get a pool view when i payed for a waterview expecting the lake...

Thanks everyone for the insights! I'm thinking of booking (IF we go) a preferred room and request a lake view...is that a good idea? I found this site that has the listings of conventions for the rest of the year there (no sure how accurate it is) and it doesn't look like there are any conventions the dates we want! The more I read and look at the CSR pics, the more excited I get. Now we have to look at the numbers and see if we can swing ANOTHER trip this yearpixiedust:

We were going to stay at CSR for our trip this fall but due to needing more room we changed to AoA. I have to admit, a part of me is really disappointed we won't be staying at CSR. We really liked it there!!

Enjoy!!

we are very excited for our visit, first non WL resort stay in 5 years...

we love csr. It is a beautiful resort so i don't mind the extra walking. In fact i find it peaceful. Just keep in mind a waterview room does not guarantee a lake view. Your room could be overlooking the quiet pools or a courtyard fountain instead.

+1

We are going back for a 4th time a week from today! I love the rooms, the digsite pool, lush grounds, and the locations is central to everything! Also you get the same H2O products as the deluxe resorts. I cannot say enough great things about this place, my DH likes it more than the GF :confused3

I have stayed here twice and it is a great resort.

I would recommend asking to stay in building 9b. It is the closest to the main building and uses the main bus stop as well.

I'm here right now, and it's my 5th stay! The water view I booked is right over the quiet pool in Cabanas 9A, and it's a lovely view. It's a very photogenic resort, and I'm planning to return soon....it's my happy vacation home. :)

i won't be happy if i get a pool view when i payed for a waterview expecting the lake...

Water view at CSR may be lake, pool or fountain view. You can request lake view, but it is just a request. It is a popular request, so not everyone who pays for water view will get lake view. CSR does not have lake view as a booking category. You paid for water view, not lake view. You can ask to be changed at check-in if you are unhappy with your location or view, but they can't give you lake view if there are no lake view rooms available.

Thanks guys for all your input! The more I hear, the more excited I'm getting to book:goodvibes

dtstampz...have a great time!

Then be aware of what water view is and don't go in expecting it to be Lake view.

As stated it can be a view of any water, pool, lake or small ponds on the sides of buildings.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter