Crystal Palace or Liberty Tree Tavern

ScarletFire

DIS Veteran
I've dined at CP many times and enjoyed it. My kids love it. We try to go every Disney visit. I've never dined at LTT but have read lots of great reviews. I can only visit one. I hate to sacrifice CP for LTT but might just do it. I'd like some input. Thanks.

IMHO LTT has the best characture interaction around. I haven't eaten at CP, so I can't compair. But LTT is a great place and I would say you won't be disappointed that you gave it a try.

We prefer Liberty Tree Tavern. If you make your PS for the first dinner seating (4pm) you *may* have a chance at being the family chosen to ring the liberty bell. We were last June and it was an awesome pixie-dust inspired memory. :)

They have good food and great character interaction.Have tried CP and enjoyed it also.::yes:: :wave2:

We enjoy both CP and LTT... I don't think you'll be disappointed if you go to LTT. Great "family style" dinner. Also, if you time your PS right, you can finish dinner just in time to walk out the front door to catch the parade.

ScarletFire, Liberty Tree Tavern is one of those restaurants at Disney that you just have to experience, especially if you have children. It has an outstanding atmosphere and, as someone else said, the character interaction is great. The restaurant is a little smaller and a little more laid-back...and the characters always seem to be in a good mood and seem less rushed. (Hard to believe right smack in the middle of Magic Kingdom!)
My wife and I and all our children always enjoy the food as well. (The pink lemonade is great on a hot day!) And when all is said and done and we get our credit card the following month, Liberty Tree usually is one of the less expensive dinners we experience!
(By the way, we've only done Crystal Palace for breakfast, so I can't compare dinners. CP is absolutely one of our favorite breakfasts....terrific atmosphere and food and characters!!)

DH and I ate at the Liberty Tree Tavern during our last trip and LOVED IT! :bounce:

It was just us (no kids) and we thought it was awesome. The food was delicious and we loved the characters (they came to our table at least five times during our meal). You won't regret trying it out!

With that said, we are trying CP for the first time on this trip!:tongue:

When we were there last summer, it was Minnie, Pluto, Chip, Dale, and Meeko. I have seen Goofy listed as a character, but can't remember seeing him. The characters are only at dinner at LTT.

Okay, one more vote for LTT. Love 'em both, just love Liberty Tree a touch more.

Were going to LTT for the first time this friday, so it's nice to hear I made a good choice.

thanks

Sooz :flower:

The one (and nearly only) drawback to LTT is the restrooms. They are incredibly small, and (in)accessible only by going up a narrow and steep set of stairs. It's almost as if they're trying to make them fit the colonial theme, except that would have involved an outhouse. People who can't negotiate the stairs have to go across the street to Columbia Harbor House, and actually that's not a bad idea for everyone.

Originally posted by erikthewise
The one (and nearly only) drawback to LTT is the restrooms. They are incredibly small, and (in)accessible only by going up a narrow and steep set of stairs. It's almost as if they're trying to make them fit the colonial theme, except that would have involved an outhouse. People who can't negotiate the stairs have to go across the street to Columbia Harbor House, and actually that's not a bad idea for everyone.

I was thinking the exact same thing. The restroom is an issue for those who can't navigate the stairs.

As far as food quality....My dh and dd would be devastated if we missed CP for dinner. Not so with LTT. The nice thing about LTT is that you sit down and stay there!! It's a nice change from buffet style meals. We do like to eat there before MVMCP. But if we had to choose just one, my family would opt for CP. But we're from NE so that could make a difference. We have that kind of atmosphere all over the place.

I have done both many times, and I would pick Liberty Tree.

The food is good, the character interaction is better than CP and the restaurant is not as noisy as CP. The only drawback is that there aren't as many food choices as CP.

I think you'll have a great time at LTT!

Just wondering about the food at LTT. Most all posters said it was good, but I've heard it's like cafeteria type food. Is this true? I know on Allearsnet it says Stauffer's Mac and Cheese is served. That doesn't sound like good restaurant food to me. I made a PS for CP before MVMCP based on the menus, but I would prefer the characters at LTT (DD isn't really a Pooh fan).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter