Crusing out of NYC

DMLAINI

DIS Veteran
We will be cruising out of NYC. Are there any hotels in New Jersey where we could stay the night prior, leave our car for the duration of the cruise, and provide a hotel shuttle to and from the port? I don't want to drive in NYC. Thank You!

Where would you be coming from originally? There are ways to get into NYC from NJ but you would likely have to take a taxi from either a ferry, train or bus terminal and that sounds way worse than driving. If you were adamant you could park at the Airport but it seems like a lot of extra work. I used to live across the street from the terminal. It is on the edge of the city - not the middle of everything and just off the West side highway. It's a good business idea for a Hoboken hotel but I don't know if they would want to watch your car and take you in. Maybe look up some park and ride situations. Good luck!

Per ArielRae:

We did the Nov 3rd cruise out of NY. We stayed at the Hilton Garden inn in Ridgefield Park, NJ just over the bridge with their park, ride and cruise package. It worked out great. You stay the night (even leave your car for the length of the cruise if you drove) and they provide a town car limo to take you to and from the port. We loved it so much we booked the same cruise and hotel again for next year.

Link to their site for package information.
https://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com...-ridgefield-park-LGARPGI/offers/100110245.htm

We drove from southern New Jersey so can't help you with flying in.

Just as an FYI, and in case you don't find exactly what you're looking for, the cruise terminal isn't in NYC like you might think it is. When most folks think of NYC, they think of Times Square and the Financial District (which can be a nightmare to drive in and through). The cruise terminal is west of that and there are main roads that run quite close to it. I actually just drove through there yesterday and the worst part about the whole experience was it taking 25 minutes to get from the Vince Lombardi service area, across the GW bridge, and out to the terminal area on the other side because of traffic moving slowly. It wasn't stressful or difficult, just heavy traffic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter