Cruisin into Spring Training-VWL & 4 Nt Dream 3/22-28/13 COMPLETE! 8/11

I'm so excited for our mommy and son trip. They grow up so fast. :lovestruc I didn't realize the cruise was a surprise! :banana: Can't wait to read about his reaction.

Kona is going back on my must-do ADR list. Chloe would flip for that dessert. :thumbsup2

Your going back to WDW in 2 weeks? Nice!

I've never seen the water pageant either. Another item to add to the August 2013 list of WDW things to do.

Michael is growing so fast, that sometimes he wakes up and complains that his knees are hurting him. I fully expect when he reaches Tim's age he'll want to do nothing but sleep all day. I sometimes joke that I keep expecting the kid to wake up in shredded pajamas, having bust through them during the night like the Hulk!

I can't wait to read about Tim's reaction to the surprise.

Checking in! Is my room ready yet? :confused3 Oh Wait - It's not that kind of check-in! I'm coming back to read - thanks for the heads up!:yay:

I'm here. Finally got caught up on all of my subscriptions & here you are with a new one. Can't wait to read this one as it is so special!:love:

As per usual on vacation, I popped out of bed first- called Alamo to come get me for my car, couldn't get through, so hired a cab for $8 (I now know you are supposed to call in advance). Picked up my rental for 1 day, standard size, with a GPS for $67.83 including everything. Drove back to VWL, showered, then went down to Roaring Forks to get our breakfast (all while Timmy the super-grower caught up on a few more zzzzzz's). While I waited for them to put together Tim's meal, I took pics of the display waffles-

Timmy was going to have the first one with the chocolate chips, but all separate- which meant he ate the waffles, and not much else. :rotfl:

He did eat the bacon, also. I had a croissant sandwich, and it was very good, but like other croissant sandwiches you can have around WDW- with bacon, egg & cheese-

The surprising thing on that plate was, believe it or not, the potatoes- they were well seasoned and very tasty. Or maybe they were average, and it had been so long since I had had potatoes (I was on South Beach since January) that I would have loved them no matter what! :rotfl: But I really do think they were good, carb minimal living or not!

We soon were headed out to the car, and off we went- to SeaWorld, right? :rotfl2: (Oh- Tim knew about the cruise- that was the next day. Today was Saturday, and this was the surprise!).

We drove by-

and Timmy managed to click that camera just in time! We headed south-

and after a bit I started talking about where we were going- I figured if I really had let it slip, I would be trying to convince him we were going somewhere else, so....

Me-Maybe we're going to Universal!

Tim- No. We are going the wrong way. We're going to SeaWorld.

Me- Maybe we're going on that crazy sky coaster!

Tim- No. We are going to SeaWorld.

Me- We're going to Busch Gardens!

Tim-No.

Me- The Everglades!! Air boat rides!! Alligators galore!!

Tim- No. No. No. SeaWorld. That's IT!

Well, then I started tellin him about the roller coaster at SeaWorld- did he know it had no floor? So your feet are just dangling?? That was making me nervous- I have never done it, has he? And lunch with Shamu. And how penguins live south of the equator, never north. And they secrete oil and kind of stink.

Heh. ;)

So by the time I pulled over, right before I guessed we would start seeing signs for the ballpark, he was CONVINCED!!

Heh.

Then I gave him a package to open-

Click to play-

:rotfl2::rotfl2: GOTCHA TIMMY!!!!!

Going away with only one of my sons was already more special than I can say- all that time for just us to make memories, letting my 3rd son have all of my focus instead of having to share it with his brothers, well, it was really awesome. But make no mistake- that I, the MOM, came up with the idea to surprise him with seats to a Yankee Spring Training game was beyond awesome!! :hyper: It made me a HERO. :thumbsup2

Today the Yankees would be playing the Tigers at their stadium in Lakeland, Fla, about 40 minutes from WDW off of I-4. We arrived an hour and a half pre-game, to watch batting practice.

We brought balls with us for autographs- unfortunately, I realized when it was over that there was a chance for autographs only right next to the Yankees dugout for a time before the game- we were there in time, just didn't realize it was happening. Oh well. No big deal- we were VERY psyched to be sitting 2nd row behind home plate, so that made up for it!

The nice woman sitting to Tim's left was Helen- that is her seat, for every Tiger's game. She is retired and from Michigan and is living her dream of spending the entire Spring Training season in sunny Florida watching her favorite boys of summer, the Detroit Tigers. Pretty cool, huh? Go Helen!

It was such a small stadium, which was excellent, and the usher was so friendly, he offered to take our pic-

Back soon- time to cook dinner!

I'm in!

Love WL...I've got to stay there some of these days! I tried once but that's another story. :)

So glad Tim is still willing to travel with his Mom! I hope you guys had an awesome trip.

Jill in CO

You do need to stay there!! And I was glad too- that he still would go away with me. But, of course, it was the cruise, so he met lots of pals- one very good one imparticular which was amazing. Hey- we need to hook up in 2 weeks- I'll pm you my info tonight-

I'm in, securing my place here!

Now going back to read! :thumbsup2

Hi Karin!! :hug: So happy to see you! I am very behind on your TRs- hopefully will have lots of time to catch up this weekend-

Yay - another Ellen trip report! So nice that you were able to take a one-on-one trip. I will have to try to do that someday.

Hi Kristi!! So happy you found me! :yay: It was a very special trip- but I have to admit, I really missed Tyler- he's a lot of fun on vacation, and he and Timmy are a lot of fun together. :lovestruc

Wonderful updates. I love, love, love the WL. :thumbsup2

Thanks Tammy! And guess what? Me TOO! :love:

I'm so excited for our mommy and son trip. They grow up so fast. :lovestruc I didn't realize the cruise was a surprise! :banana: Can't wait to read about his reaction.

I HATE that they grow up so fast- I am having a really hard time that he is leaving our middle school. Not that the HS isn't good- it's just that- how can that be?????:sad2:

Kona is going back on my must-do ADR list. Chloe would flip for that dessert. :thumbsup2

Yep! I think most kids would!

Your going back to WDW in 2 weeks? Nice!

Yep! With the girls! Can't wait!! :dance3:

You are the coolest mother evah!! The video was so sweet, it made me tear up. I miss that gawky age, my boys have been grown men for quite awhile. My baby is 32 & he loves baseball, played in high school. He is now a baseball coach for a local high school.

You are lucky to be able to do this trip with Timmy. Special moments like these become infrequent as they grow up. Loving this TR so far.

I've never seen the water pageant either. Another item to add to the August 2013 list of WDW things to do.

Yes...and I can promise, as soon as you DO see it, you will never NOT see it again! :rotfl2:

Michael is growing so fast, that sometimes he wakes up and complains that his knees are hurting him. I fully expect when he reaches Tim's age he'll want to do nothing but sleep all day. I sometimes joke that I keep expecting the kid to wake up in shredded pajamas, having bust through them during the night like the Hulk!

That's SUCH a great visual!! I can totally picture it happening! :lmao:

I can't wait to read about Tim's reaction to the surprise.

Well...you can watch it, if you want! I pulled over into a parking lot so I could have the flip and the camera both going at once, lol-

Checking in! Is my room ready yet? :confused3 Oh Wait - It's not that kind of check-in! I'm coming back to read - thanks for the heads up!:yay:

Check in anytime you want...but you can never leave!

Oh wait...not that kind of check in either! Hi Tammie-thank you for checking in! :wave2:

I'm here. Finally got caught up on all of my subscriptions & here you are with a new one. Can't wait to read this one as it is so special!:love:

Mother of Wicket!! Thanks for coming!! :goodvibes You are right, it was so special- thanks for noticing...:lovestruc

I think you get MOM of the year award!

I'd like to thank the Academy....THANKS!! :thumbsup2

Subscribing

Thank you for coming along for the ride!! :cheer2:

You are the coolest mother evah!! The video was so sweet, it made me tear up. I miss that gawky age, my boys have been grown men for quite awhile. My baby is 32 & he loves baseball, played in high school. He is now a baseball coach for a local high school.

That is wonderful- so he can still play the game he loves. :goodvibes And YOU made ME tear up because you said you did. :hug: He IS in that gawky age right now- voice is cracking, pants too short, nose too big, mouth full of braces...so sweet....

You are lucky to be able to do this trip with Timmy. Special moments like these become infrequent as they grow up. Loving this TR so far.

And now you made me cry again!! :sad1: I felt very, very lucky to spend this time with him- thanks. :flower3:

Enjoying your TR! We stayed at VWL for our first family trip and loved it! Looking forward to reading about the cruise!

Wow! I love his face. Beth asked when are we taking a mom and daughter trip to wdw. Hmmm. I may have to make that work. You are a rock star for pulling that off.

You have to tell Timmy to hold back his excitement. :rotfl2: You are really the most awesome Mom!

Looking forward to your PM....2 weeks!!!!!

Jill in CO

UGGG stupid work, got in the way of me enjoying your trippy and now im all the way on page 3.. BOO lol

Have to say your 1st night sounds so relaxing just dinner and the resort. Sushi did look amazing. Love how Tim looked like he was just tearing those wings up too!

Oh my waffle... they all looked so good. How did you choose just one? LOL

And I know I have already told you that you get most aweome mom of the year award but will you adopt me..? That was such an amazing way to surprize him and he fell for it yeah!

Cant wait to read more, especially your cruise. How neat to do a 1 on 1 trip, what a great memory to give them, and you!! I would love to do that with each of the boys.

On a side note.. woohooo 2 weeks YEAH BUDDY!

The video is priceless...Timmy trying to stay cool all the while thrilled to be going to the game!:thumbsup2

I'm back! So cool you loved VWL :thumbsup2 I had the same expectation - we were from the PNW, so I wanted to stay somewhere different and exotic. Then we had dinner over at WCC, and I never wanted to leave. I think it is the most amazing theming they have done! Maybe because it seems so authentic, even the smells like you said. I had the best glass of cab while sitting on a rocking chair and just enjoying the relaxing view. I got homesick and called our parents while sitting on a bench in the back walk at VWL. I can't wait to actually stay there, and now that we are in the South, it will feel different and exotic! :rotfl2:

Dinner at Kona Café looks amazing! I will have to remember how filling the sushi is.

How fun the way you surprised Tim! His reaction is priceless! :lmao: So fun to see his happy face - great seats, BTW. AND you look fabulous!

You pulled it off brilliantly! Love his face when he digs through the goodies. I am sure he was pleased with his seat at the game as well. :thumbsup2
You ARE supermom! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter