Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s fine as long as you understand that if enough of us don’t get it we’re in this mess for the long haul. And 30% not getting it and continuing to spread it and allowing variants to develop is a problem for all of us.

Sadly this is our best path forward and from the amount people in here saying they won’t get it, Disney won’t be dropping masks anytime soon. Seeing vaccine passports considered, to me, signals there are fears the amount of people we need to get it won’t, and there needs to be a way for the economy to move forward without those people.
So your saying if I choose not to get the vaccine then I should not have access to certain things the ones that do get the vaccine do? In other words in your mind not being vaccinated should be like the scarlet letter then? That’s a slippery slope to be on and one that could end badly.

So your saying if I choose not to get the vaccine then I should not have access to certain things the ones that do get the vaccine do? In other words in your mind not being vaccinated should be like the scarlet letter then? That’s a slippery slope to be on and one that could end badly.
I dont know if that was the intent. I can say that there will be little appetite to follow measures in place to protect others once most who can recieve it do. There just won't. I don't like the idea of exclusion but there won't be many willing to continue with the measures to protect a voluntary decision. The concensus will be to "do what you feel you need to but I'm not wearing this blank mask anymore". That's already happening or already happened. We'll see much more of it and like I see already a real lack of enforcement.

I don't know if "should" is the right word....I think "may" is correct.

I'm not seeing MagicMobile as doing anything to speed up park entry for families or large groups with one or 2 folks handling access for others. Thoughts?

I'm not seeing MagicMobile as doing anything to speed up park entry for families or large groups with one or 2 folks handling access for others. Thoughts?
Agreed. If you are only dealing with your own pass, you can tap and enter and it works like a MB it seems. However, I handle the passes for my DH and DS. So I have to open the phone and the app (or the wallet?) and swipe to each pass before tapping. That will take me some time, and I am comfortable with technology. Imagine someone who is not, or someone with multiple little ones with them, or a larger group? It will take some time.

My advice is to just ignore the off-topic posts and move along. This is for operational updates only and to keep it on topic, I do wish that Magic Mobile thing was on Android too, not that I'm the type to use it. FYI, you sould use your phone for FP/MaxPass at Disneyland and one phone could swipe in multiple people - it didn't seem too hard for people to manage really. The only thing I think slowed it down was that those were barcode readers and in the Cali sun I think the scanners had trouble reading the screens. This will use NFC tech so that won't be an issue.

Agreed. If you are only dealing with your own pass, you can tap and enter and it works like a MB it seems. However, I handle the passes for my DH and DS. So I have to open the phone and the app (or the wallet?) and swipe to each pass before tapping. That will take me some time, and I am comfortable with technology. Imagine someone who is not, or someone with multiple little ones with them, or a larger group? It will take some time.
I agree. I believe that’s one reason that Disney will still use MBs. Your other group members can have MBs so your phone/watch only has to take care of you. That is, of course, unless you have a child (like my grandson!) who likes to take their MB off and on and then lose it somewhere without telling you until it’s time to use it. :rolleyes:

as of right now even with that my husband and myself will have to. wait until end of April not that we have covid but been exposed and will have to wait that long. we are in the group that should be first but still have to wait

Are you saying you need to wait because you have been exposed? I would think if you test negative, you are good to go.

I mean I know no one cares about anything anymore but 95% of these posts have exactly nothing to do with the thread topic.
The topic was vaccine passports, that the governor of FL said he would ban via EO, which would directly effect WDW. As conversations tend to do, it grew and expanded and is done now. Not a big deal.

Been meaning to ask for days, is the facial recognition software being tested on a few at MK or is it everyone coming in the gates? Does that also slow things down or is it similar timing to the finger scan?

That’s fine as long as you understand that if enough of us don’t get it we’re in this mess for the long haul. And 30% not getting it and continuing to spread it and allowing variants to develop is a problem for all of us.

Sadly this is our best path forward and from the amount people in here saying they won’t get it, Disney won’t be dropping masks anytime soon. Seeing vaccine passports considered, to me, signals there are fears the amount of people we need to get it won’t, and there needs to be a way for the economy to move forward without those people.

You do realize that vaccinated people can make variants as well? Since the vaccine does not prevent you from getting COVID you are actually worse than a non-vaccinated person as you will do very well against the strains your vaccine is for but the viruses that have other characteristics will proliferate in your body more since it will take longer for your own immune system to recognize it and make antibodies to it. That means you are more likely to spreading the variant.

Someone that hasn't had the vaccine will mount an immune response that will target multiple points on the virus and will either beat it or die. And yes they can create variants but they aren't more likely to than a vaccinated person.

Yes, you are correct there are a lot of adverse events for these vaccines and we know that they are always under reported by quite a bit for all drugs/vaccines. And yes over 2,000 people have died from the vaccines in the US to date.

And HIPAA doesn't give us our rights the constitution does.
2,000 people have not died from vaccines. Every death after a vaccine gets reported but it does not mean the vaccine CAUSED the death. There is not a higher death rate after vaccine. A certain number of people will die in the days following a vaccine bc a certain number of people die in any given day. Sorry to be off topic but I can’t stand misinformation.

Last edited:
Yes, you are correct there are a lot of adverse events for these vaccines and we know that they are always under reported by quite a bit for all drugs/vaccines. And yes over 2,000 people have died from the vaccines in the US to date.

And HIPAA doesn't give us our rights the constitution does.
I really try to avoid getting into these off-topic discussions, but I can't let misinformed statements like this go unchecked.

2000 people HAVE NOT "died from the vaccine." 2000+ people who had received the vaccine have died. Those are two VERY different statements. Based on the investigations into the deaths, the majority of the people who have died after receiving the vaccine were already seriously ill, and the timing of the deaths with vaccination is simply coincidental. According to the CDC, there has not been any link found between the deaths and the vaccine.

Please stop believing/spreading misinformation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter