Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. A year and a half? All due respect but why would you get that ahead of someone booked this summer? More bad work by Disney as far as I can tell. Really no way to spin that

Does getting the email early give somebdy any kind of advantage here?

Thanks for that Capt Obvious! Just kidding and I agree with your post. I already said it a few times but communication isn't only lacking, it's changing by the day which I guess bothers me as this is my 2nd or 3rd post about it. Seems like they put a presser out and someone says "oh no, that's not what we meant to imply", then they change the wording or the message. It just reeks of complete chaos and disorganization. Yep, definitely not a good look, at least in my eyes.

In the time of Corona, we want some level of certainty in our lives.

I think people are just worried that since they haven't gotten the email yet that they won't get the more important book now! email. I know that's what I was worried about earlier.

I'm still expecting people will have windows. group 1 on a certain day group 2 the next day kinda thing. As long as people get the email with their day/timee before then things should be fine. I really doubt it will be a "as soon as you get this email you can book".

Was there any news in DeSantis' press conference?

Nothing about a change in phase.. nothing about the pending approval of reopening Seaworld or WDW..
He’s very anxious though to get the RNC to Florida.
Spoke about hurricane preparedness & changes to evacuations in light of Covid19

I think people are just worried that since they haven't gotten the email yet that they won't get the more important book now! email. I know that's what I was worried about earlier.
Yes, basically we want to know we're in Disney's "system". I've never had a breaking news e-mail from Disney with info that I didn't already know for several hours if not days.

I'm still expecting people will have windows. group 1 on a certain day group 2 the next day kinda thing. As long as people get the email with their day/timee before then things should be fine. I really doubt it will be a "as soon as you get this email you can book".
My vacation starts Sept 12 so would not be in the original group I'm sure. I would think mine would open at 60 days or maybe just before so people can buy tickets right at 60 days if they need to.

So DeSantis said he has not made a decision on Phase 2 but will be providing information on that in the “coming days.” He did mention Soccer coming to central FL and that the NBA may be as well stating Disney is in discussion with them.

Back to Phase 2, days could mean 2, 3, or 10 days (someone floated June 1). After watching the press conference, I am confident that Floridians really want their bars opened. 😂 In all seriousness, owners need to get their businesses back and bars/restaurants are a huge part of FL revenue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter