Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be open in less than six months at the latest. If containment doesn’t work in this country, by that point there would be herd immunity with how fast this spreads.

This, plus the fact by then medicine to treat it will probably be available and by next year a vaccine.

Disney world will MOST DEFINITELY open again and like u said within the next 6 months for sure.

It will be open in less than six months at the latest. If containment doesn’t work in this country, by that point there would be herd immunity with how fast this spreads.
China just had to go back to closing all its movie theatres again after reopening them. It’s going to be a cycle of outbreaks and then mitigation and then outbreaks and then mitigation for a while. We might be opening movie theatres and restaurants in less than 6 months but we’re not reopening venues that hold 50,000 people.

A little update: CMs at the call centers have not been given any information. At all. One said they "could still" open on April 1 (which is clearly not possible). The other said that they will "probably" not open on April 1. They don't know how long our commission will be protected, if it all. The only thing they are advising us to tell our clients is that their packages will automatically be refunded if their check-in date passes and they have not yet reopened. There is no rolling 7-day period according to both CMs I spoke to. They both suggested that we try to gauge our clients' "comfort level" (same words both times) with their own trip dates to see how long THEY want to wait. It is not the CMs fault because they can only tell me what they have been trained to say. But...I honestly have no words right now.

Last edited:
Very interesting wording on the site: "If needed, many reservations can be modified online via My Plans. And soon, we'll share additional options for booking and modifying vacations"

Wondering what exactly the "additional options" for booking will entail. Our trip is scheduled April 15th. In a PERFECT world, it would be nice if we can reschedule our trip and keep our ADRs/Experiences/FP....now that is some wishful thinking LOL. Any ideas what that could mean?

China just had to go back to closing all its movie theatres again after reopening them. It’s going to be a cycle of outbreaks and then mitigation and then outbreaks and then mitigation for a while. We might be opening movie theatres and restaurants in less than 6 months but we’re not reopening venues that hold 50,000 people.
Can we stick to WDW and other theme parks please? As far as I know none of us here are experts on this disease and if we were I don’t think we’d be posting here.

Very interesting wording on the site: "If needed, many reservations can be modified online via My Plans. And soon, we'll share additional options for booking and modifying vacations"

Wondering what exactly the "additional options" for booking will entail. Our trip is scheduled April 15th. In a PERFECT world, it would be nice if we can reschedule our trip and keep our ADRs/Experiences/FP....now that is some wishful thinking LOL. Any ideas what that could mean?
I really don’t think you’re going to have problems with getting ADR’s, Exprerience’s and whatever fastpasses your heart desires if/when Disney reopens.

A little update: CMs at the call centers have not been given any information. At all. One said they "could still" open on April 1 (which is clearly not possible). The other said that they will "probably" not open on April 1. They don't know how long our commission will be protected, if it all. The only thing they are advising us to tell our clients is that their packages will automatically be refunded if their check-in date passes and they have not yet reopened. There is no rolling 7-day period according to both CMs I spoke to. It is not the CMs fault because they can only tell me what they have been trained to say. But...I honestly have no words right now.

I wonder if this is a product of call center CMs working from home and info not getting to them fast enough. They are, right?

Although how stupid would it be to release the indefinite closure without assuring front line CMs are informed first 🤦🏻‍♀️.

I wonder if this is a product of call center CMs working from home and info not getting to them fast enough. They are, right?

Although how stupid would it be to release the indefinite closure without assuring front line CMs are informed first 🤦🏻‍♀️.

I am sure that's a huge part of it. But one CM did an online chat with Guest Services...and even Guest Services had no info beyond the press release. I just don't understand why they waited this long to make the announcement if they had NONE of the logistics figured out. And I felt so bad for the CMs. They just sounded so confused and tired.

They did say something like that. Indefinite and they are automatically cancelling reservations within the next 7 days. So, cancellations on a rolling weekly basis.

“If no action is taken by you before your check-in date for arrivals during the closure period, Disney will automatically cancel your reservation within 7 days of the original check-in date and process any refund due to the original form of payment.”

Edit to add: @Krandor beat me by 1 minute! ;-)
Does this mean that 7 days before your check-in date they'll automatically cancel your reservation? Or that sometime during the period starting on your check-in date thru 7 days afterward your reservation will get canceled? I feel like it could mean either of these.

Does this mean that 7 days before your check-in date they'll automatically cancel your reservation? Or that sometime during the period starting on your check-in date thru 7 days afterward your reservation will get canceled? I feel like it could mean either of these.

According to the CM I spoke to, reservations will automatically cancelled and refunded within 7 days OF the check-in date if WDW happens to not be open on your check-in date. It does not refer to a 7-day rolling period.

According to the CM I spoke to, reservations will automatically cancelled and refunded within 7 days OF the check-in date if WDW happens to not be open on your check-in date. It does not refer to a 7-day rolling period.
So--excuse me for being dense about this!--if my reservation starts on April 10th then sometime between April 10 and April 17 it will automatically be canceled? Just so I totally understand this. It's the "within" part I don't totally get. Thank you!

And OF COURSE Disney will reopen. We need the Disney parks and resorts! They're an essential part of my existence.

So--excuse me for being dense about this!--if my reservation starts on April 10th then sometime between April 10 and April 17 it will automatically be canceled? Just so I totally understand this. It's the "within" part I don't totally get. Thank you!

And OF COURSE Disney will reopen. We need the Disney parks and resorts! They're an essential part of my existence.

I honestly don't know 100% for sure. But that was my understanding. If you were my client, I was advised to tell you that if WDW is not open on April 10, you will automatically be refunded your package price (minus insurance and air) within 7 days of your check-in date. Or you can cancel now if you want, depending on your "comfort level".

So does this mean that they won’t cancel someone’s reservation and then re-open for those dates 7 days later? I.e. they’ll know 7 days ahead of when they’re finally ready to open?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter