Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few that have been to City Walk say they see people dealing with it for a little while. But after a few hours people are starting to take them off or many are "pulling the mask down past their nose."

How Disney plans to stop that in their parks in the middle of July....no one knows.
Not sure if on this thread but I thought I heard something about a "medical or distancing ambassador" (or something to that affect) that would roam the parks and assist folks with the proper procedures.

Not sure if on this thread but I thought I heard something about a "medical or distancing ambassador" (or something to that affect) that would roam the parks and assist folks with the proper procedures.

disney did say they were creating to new team to remind people about social distancing in queues and common areas. Havent seen a name for the team.

I think Disney will open when they feel it’s relatively safe to, regardless of pressure by politicians. He’s there for pics.
Yes, I agree. I just meant to say that I think his position would be to encourage them to open sooner rather than later, (the poster I was replying to suggested that the vp might try to delay an opening).
At least that's my impression of the administration. Disney would be an extremely visible "example" for them to promote to encourage other businesses to open. You have to believe Disney wants to do it safely and if they've put together a series of procedures that prove effective that might even help with opening sports arenas etc. So yes, I definitely think it's a publicity thing, no doubt.

disney did say they were creating to new team to remind people about social distancing in queues and common areas. Havent seen a name for the team.
If I recall, it was something or the other Ambassador, haha, sorry but that's all I remember :)

If I recall, it was something or the other Ambassador, haha, sorry but that's all I remember :)

this is what’s on the springs FAQ page. All I’ve seen so far.

We are also adding a new team to engage with Guests and promote physical distancing guidelines in common areas and queues.

I think Disney will open when they feel it’s relatively safe to, regardless of pressure by politicians. He’s there for pics.

I don’t think Disney has the time to deal with that type of distraction. I seriously doubt anything the VP says or wants Disney to do will ultimately be a decision Disney makes. There’s a part of it that’s definitely for the publicity, but Disney is under a lot of pressure right now, and if they thought it was only going to cause a distraction, they’d tell him to come make his publicly tour once they’ve made a decision

If the VP intends to throw some weight around, I would think they'd be encouraging them to open as soon as possible rather than delay things.

I don't think it's necessarily to demand reopening. But I think the government wants a date, whenever that may be. They want to know. DeSantis said on Friday that the theme parks should be focusing on a date.

And that appears to be the issue. Disney doesn't seem to want to commit to any dates or timelines. And it's not only making people mad because they can't plan their trips, but the government also wants to know how that fits in their reopening plans.

I guess no updates on CM schedules? Another week of waiting until cancellation emails go out For any signs, but it will be exciting to see even the limited reopening of DS.

is anyone on the board going opening day?

And that appears to be the issue. Disney doesn't seem to want to commit to any dates or timelines. And it's not only making people mad because they can't plan their trips, but the government also wants to know how that fits in their reopening plans.
They’re a private business. It’s none of the governments business when they open and only the state’s business as to how they do it. I’m not angry at all that they haven’t committed to a date. Frustrated? Sure, but at the same time, I’m glad they’re taking their time and being careful. Anyone who gets angry over that can just get angry. They’ll get over it.

I guess no updates on CM schedules? Another week of waiting until cancellation emails go out For any signs, but it will be exciting to see even the limited reopening of DS.

If it falls during my trip, yes. I don’t have the option of just driving over living 18 hours away.

Schedules will probably go out on Wednesday like they did this past week. If schedules do go out this time, with active shifts I wouldn’t take that as an indication that they won’t be making cancellations this week. They could be ready by the 8th if CMs are brought back for the week of the 25th, But i think we’re looking at a week buffer for soft openings. I think June 15th is best case scenario right now. If they don’t feel pressure from local government to open back up, they may try and push it to after the July 4th holiday

They’re a private business. It’s none of the governments business when they open and only the state’s business as to how they do it. I’m not angry at all that they haven’t committed to a date. Frustrated? Sure, but at the same time, I’m glad they’re taking their time and being careful. Anyone who gets angry over that can just get angry. They’ll get over it.

Well the governor actually has the power to tell them they can't reopen and can also veto their reopening plan. So the governor does have the right to know in this situation. DeSantis also wants Mayor Demings to agree to the reopening plans.

Well the governor actually has the power to tell them they can't reopen and can also veto their reopening plan. So the governor does have the right to know in this situation. DeSantis also wants Mayor Demings to agree to the reopening plans.
I believe I said the state has an interest. The feds do not. But none of them can make them open. DeSantis has no right to get a date from Disney until they’re ready to give it.

I believe I said the state has an interest. The feds do not. But none of them can make them open. DeSantis has no right to get a date from Disney until they’re ready to give it.

DeSantis could easily tell Disney they must give a certain number of days notice for them to reopen and a plan needs to be submitted and approved beforehand. I don't know if that has been done specifically. But my point is that Disney will eventually have to make their plans known to the government. They can't hide it till the last minute and spring it on everyone. Which is why a June date is starting to look more and more unlikely.

Anyone entertained the idea that maybe he's coming for a photo op because there could be an announcement?
I think when Disney does announce something it will be much lower key than that. I would assume they want to stay out the political conversation. It’s just to decisive. Doing an announcement with the VP there would thrust them into that conversation I would think.

I think when Disney does announce something it will be much lower key than that. I would assume they want to stay out the political conversation. It’s just to decisive. Doing an announcement with the VP there would thrust them into that conversation I would think.

agree. Any reopening announcement would likeky come the same way Disney springs did.

Anyone entertained the idea that maybe he's coming for a photo op because there could be an announcement?

Nope. Disney has yet to provide a plan to the local government for reopening. (there’s a Mickey Blog somewhere up thread with that detail in it) Without that plan being approved there really can’t be an announcement of an opening date. Mayor Demmings doesn’t seem to be in any rush - he’s been talking about (on at least 2 briefings recently) that he sees a very gradual process with DS first, followed by resorts then theme parks last. I don’t agree with his wants.. but he holds the cards. ☹️

The meeting is being described by the VPs office references reopening Florida.. sounds a bit generic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter