Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were bored today and decided to visit Epcot and see the rest of the Festival of the Arts that we missed prior. While we go this weekend every year, we were hopeful crowds would be lower this year. IMO they were a normal holiday weekend crowd back in WS. I have a pretty big tolerance for being close to others right now, especially when outdoors and masked, but I was so uncomfortable that we left at International Gateway (we started in Canada) and hopped to HS.

Good news? Business is booming, at least today. Bad news? I always notice lots more "ruler breakers" when it's more crowded. Maybe because it's impossible to police? Or easy to get away with it? We were at AKL Sun-Thurs and I was paying attention and didn't see a single mask issue. People kept their distance, no ride issues, completely comfortable at all times. But today, we saw lots of walking and drinking/eating, noses, and it was impossible to keep 6 ft in walkways.

Didn't ride a single thing but still enjoyed the afternoon out of the house!

Has any one heard in any rumblings of what the rules will be for the water parks? We got our water park annual pass extension and hoping we can actually use it.
If they go the same route as volcano bay you'll be required to wear a mask when going to eat or into a gift shop and not allowed masks on any of the pools and slides. Walking around with masks is optional

If they go the same route as volcano bay you'll be required to wear a mask when going to eat or into a gift shop and not allowed masks on any of the pools and slides. Walking around with masks is optional

Yeah, that is what I am hoping they do but Disney seems to want to go above what others do hopefully no masks when chilling at the chairs. We can manage that, especially with having a 2 yo, though not sure we will be even able to make it through the gates with him keeping it on.

Yeah, that is what I am hoping they do but Disney seems to want to go above what others do hopefully no masks when chilling at the chairs. We can manage that, especially with having a 2 yo, though not sure we will be even able to make it through the gates with him keeping it on.
I think it's gonna be the same as VB.

We were bored today and decided to visit Epcot and see the rest of the Festival of the Arts that we missed prior. While we go this weekend every year, we were hopeful crowds would be lower this year. IMO they were a normal holiday weekend crowd back in WS. I have a pretty big tolerance for being close to others right now, especially when outdoors and masked, but I was so uncomfortable that we left at International Gateway (we started in Canada) and hopped to HS.

Good news? Business is booming, at least today. Bad news? I always notice lots more "ruler breakers" when it's more crowded. Maybe because it's impossible to police? Or easy to get away with it? We were at AKL Sun-Thurs and I was paying attention and didn't see a single mask issue. People kept their distance, no ride issues, completely comfortable at all times. But today, we saw lots of walking and drinking/eating, noses, and it was impossible to keep 6 ft in walkways.

Agreed. Mon to Thurs last week was great. Fri to Sunday was irresponsibly crowded in the entire Disney/Universal area.

After 3 trips now I refuse to do Epcot on the weekends. I will be there with my daughters in the next two months, and we'll pop in for a few hours for rides, but we won't be spending time in WS. On all my trips since opening that is the worst place to be on weekends, it's just horrible. I had some drunk girls fall on top of me the weekend before Thanksgiving in the France pavilion (maskless of course). After knocking me over the stumbled over to the UK pavilion where we saw them a short time later trying not to throw up on the curb near the phone booths. We saw a security person nearby and informed them what happened so they tracked the girls down as they stumbled back to the france pavilion, it was pretty horrible. We went during the week over Christmas and had zero issues, but man, on weekends it was a wreck.

Catching up on this thread popcorn::

To summarize for anyone else trying to catch up: You can wait 12 hours in line to use the new Rat bathrooms and you get a cookie at the end. But if you have an AP you're not allowed in.

Did I get that right?

*reads 3000 pages of thread*

Ummm.... yes. I think you got it. There must be a different bathroom for the new donuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter