Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
People not on board with the salmon castle are really going to hate it after this. Gonna be hard to see it for the first time and not think of this morning.

One launch dragging another down, lol. Great thinking there, Disney.

I'm confused 😕 are guests with existing reservations till the end of the year allowed to modify today? Or not?

Got through to a CM after about a 57 minute wait time.

CM told me that she doesn't expect the system to be open until this afternoon so told me to try giving a call back at that time.

I do have to start work at some point today, so I guess that's my only option.

Oh! this is the first I have seen anyone mention this - assuming it would pop on the DVC website?
I found this post to be helpful:

very interesting, back in early 2020, CCV wasn't even in the cost calculator at all, it was just AUL and RVA

I think there will be two places we'll see the first indication of sales being up
1 the RVA, CCV, and AUL pricing sheets will be active again (right now just a 404 error) https://www.dvcexplorer.com/qp/ or https://www.dvcexplorer.com/qm/ (username: welcome | password: home)​
2 the special offers page will have actual offers (right now just redirects to RVA) https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/special-offers/

if anyone notices either being up, please do share!

So I'm logged into my account and have a main menu at the top of the page. Should I just keep trying to click on the park reservation link? Right now it just shows information on the system, but when it loads is that where it will allow me to create my travel party?

I'm confused 😕 are guests with existing reservations till the end of the year allowed to modify today? Or not?
They were supposed to be allowed to today, however due to these “magical enhancements,” CMs at DRC aren’t able to access the system right now. It appears that the new DPPS and their systems are tied together, which was apparently news to some CMs lol.

Time to start taking bets on how long I am going to stand in line to ride ROTR.

🤣

Guess I'll pack snacks.
Im still lots of pages behind so maybe already answered, but surely they will have to cap the maximum length of each queue and just tell people the ride isnt accepting anyone else to the queue right now.

Surely they can only allow the queues to be the length of the floor markings??

I know very little about IT things, but I do wonder why they didn't just do 60 days out for reservations, it seems like it's common sense....

they want to allow everybody with tickets to book now and then going forward you’ll reserve when you buy tickets. That is what makes the most sense

a 60 day window and somebody who bought day 61 is competing with somebody who bought a year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter