Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im waiting for Disney to post links on their site and MDE directing you to Universal on site Hotels and Universal/SeaWorld Ticket pages. At this rate, it seems to be inevitable
This is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time!

Guess what? I just booked a hotel and air to Universal! We leave this coming Monday!

Hoping to still get to go to YC the first week in August. That is my last week of summer before going back to work/school. But I was afraid the resort wouldn't work out, a hurricane blows in, cases rise through the roof, or some other emergency. So I figured I'd book a little fun while I still had the chance. I lost my perfectly planned cruise and I am ready to get out of the house. I am still really hoping we get to YC.

the question is will the governer. Last I saw disney still needed local and state approval for their plan and with California being California the governer could listen.
Newsom and Iger have been in direct communication- see the UFC fight Newsom asked Iger to shutdown. I don’t see Newsom saying no to Iger.

Mayor of Anaheim has already put out a note happy about it.

And I don’t see OC stepping in and saying no honestly... Geez, after what went down with the mask rule attempt I don’t want to imagine the hell the locals would raise if the temporary head of the health department stopped DLR from opening :sad2:

Newsom and Iger have been in direct communication- see the UFC fight Newsom asked Iger to shutdown. I don’t see Newsom saying no to Iger.

Mayor of Anaheim has already put out a note happy about it.

And I don’t see OC stepping in and saying no honestly... Geez, after what went down with the mask rule attempt I don’t want to imagine the hell the locals would raise if the temporary head of the health department stopped DLR from opening :sad2:

Sounds good then. I just don't see CA as the same rubber stamp as I saw FL as.

They extended the 9/26/21 expiration date to Military Salute tickets!
I just checked MDE and only a few of ours changed but I’m sure they’ll all catch up and be updated. I’m really happy they’re doing this. I had emailed about this and they just told me tough luck basically, wait till tix are released for next year. This is a weight off my shoulders for sure!

An interesting new observation:

There are some people reporting that their Armed Forces Salute (military) tickets have recieved the 2021 extension. It seems to be a slow roll out, with not all tickets even the same party getting the change at once. Personally, mine hasn't changed, but I find this interesting (and awesome) since it was previously mentioned that these wouldn't be extended. If it ends up being true across the board that will surely help a lot of people!

* & I now see we already covered this 😆 man, missed it by half an hour! That's what I get for showering instead of following the Disney news

An interesting new observation:

There are some people reporting that their Armed Forces Salute (military) tickets have recieved the 2021 extension. It seems to be a slow roll out, with not all tickets even the same party getting the change at once. Personally, mine hasn't changed, but I find this interesting (and awesome) since it was previously mentioned that these wouldn't be extended. If it ends up being true across the board that will surely help a lot of people!

* & I now see we already covered this 😆 man, missed it by half an hour! That's what I get for showering instead of following the Disney news
It's awesome! We currently hold two Salute tickets and one has changed and one hasn't. I figure soon though!
Great news for so many people who can't travel this year!

ESPN is reporting that one proposal from the NBA has 14 teams staying at one resort (CSR). Many players are said not to be pleased with the prospect.

This is a fun read:

https://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2020/6/9/21281282/nba-disney-hotels-orlando-florida
I honestly couldn't care less how the players feel about where they're staying, but where did you read that they are unhappy with CSR? Not surprised that they would consider CSR to be below them, I just haven't seen an article that says that and didn't find it in the link you posted.

I honestly couldn't care less how the players feel about where they're staying, but where did you read that they are unhappy with CSR? Not surprised that they would consider CSR to be below them, I just haven't seen an article that says that and didn't find it in the link you posted.
They are not happy about 14 teams staying at the same hotel - any hotel.

Yes, I was wanting to know where you got that information from.
I heard a sound clip on the radio this morning from ESPN reporter who covers the NBA.

There are stories of NBA teams on the road that changed their travel arrangements after hearing that another NBA team was staying at the same hotel, at the same time.

Welcome to the privileged world of pro sports!!

I heard a sound clip on the radio this morning from ESPN reporter who covers the NBA.

There are stories of NBA teams on the road that changed their travel arrangements after hearing that another NBA team was staying at the same hotel, at the same time.

Welcome to the privileged world of pro sports!!

I fail to see how changing the hotel you want to stay at and pay for on the road is privileged. Anyone who travels can do the exact same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter