Cruise 10/11/2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chat for us tomorrow since we'll be at WDW. We might try tonight to see who's on.

Mary,

my SIS will probably never cruise. Reason? Her DH is scared sh**less when he just thinks of aircraft. He would never climb aboard a plane. So no WDW for them.
I don't think they will dub the theme of Enterprise. Usually the themesongs are never dubbed. The only American series with a German themesong I can think of is "A Nanny called Fran".
I'll probably tape the Enterprise-movie tonight, because Anja is not exactly what you would call an SF-fan ;) I'll watch it tomorrow after having taken Anja to the hospital.
As stated yesterday: Also no chat for us as we will have coffee&cake at Gramps' place.

Eric enjoy your cake and coffee. Please tell your gramps that we said hello.

Was just wondering whether or not it would be better to watch the sunset at Key West on the ship or on the pier there at Mallory Square? I know that the magic docks there at Mallory square.

Amy enjoy WDW and tell Mickey hello:wave: Also does Emily walk or do you and Chris use a stroller while there in wdw? Just would like to know as for when we take the little one with us.

Saw several small flies yesterday:mad::mad: that is one of the bad things about warmer weather.

Good luck with the woodworking Art and Cathy. I have been lusting after one of the DeWalt sliding compound miter saws at home depot. Mike

Originally posted by RellingTwin
Amy..have fun at WDW!

Eric., I really like "Enterprise", but then I really liked "Voyager" also. I did not care for Deep Space Nine."Enterprise" has a really great theme song. I'd be interested to know if it is translated into German or if they change it altogether.It's called "Faith of the Heart".
Eric, when are you going to get your sister on a cruise?:p

I have enjoyed all the Star Treks but all of you have an order list. I find that it took each show at least a couple of years to hit their mark and get out of the “how we can redo shows from the other series” pattern and develop their own style and pacing. I think DS9 is often oven looked due to it darker nature. I feel that in the last 3 seasons, DS9 had some very good shows. That said, I would point you to voyager's Sacred Ground as an example of what science fiction can be. While the episode was nothing out of the ordinary, the premise of the episode was thought provoking.

I have high hopes for Enterprise. I enjoyed Scott Bakula in Quantum Leap and found it a hoot that they had Dean Stockwell on Enterprise but with the ratings as they have been and the instability of UPN I wonder if Enterprise has time to find it mark.

Matty,

62 degrees!!!!

Buck hill is having a serious melt down.......This was our last chance to prepare for our ski trip to Keystone in 8 days....

(blue and green runs only, no black diamonds)

Doug

We were on page 2. The nice weather must have everyone outside instead of sitting at the computer.

We had in the mid 50's today, so was able to take a walk outside. The snow has really melted alot this week. However, we are on the side of the street that gets more morning sun and alot of trees, so we have more snow left than some of my neighbors.

DS# 2 heads back to college tomorrow, end of his spring break, but DS#1 just started his.

I hope the warm weather is here to stay, I'm ready to put the winter clothes away.

Nancy

Originally posted by Viking
And tomorrow the pilot-movie of "Enterprise" will have its premiere in Germany. 17 months after the US-start ... I' didn't really like the Next Generation, Voyager and DS9, but I hope Enterprise will be better.

To really enjoy Enterprise one must know the Star Trek saga. The story line will bring you back about one hundred years before Captain Kirk. I think it tries to explain why some directives and procedures are in place.

And Eric, I haven't been a Wolf since before I was married ;) ;)

Mary & Ave I would be happy to swap " Twin Stories". But I must first get my twin's permission.

Mike You're worry about flies now, How big will those flies be when y'all are driving down the road with a Seven foot fish in the back of the truck:) :)

pretty big by the Rich. Stacey my daughter and Kathy worked on it today. They covered it with two coats of primer and are going to paint on it some tomorrow.

I will have to upload some pictures to picture-trail so that you can see it. Mike

Hi Folks,

I just watched Enterprise and I liked it very much. Especially the First Officer from Vulcan is a major improvement ;)
According to my sources it plays exactly 113 years before StarTrek. Funny thing is, in Germany the original StarTrek-series was called "Raumschiff Enterprise" (Raumschiff=Spaceship), so for us it is even more back to the roots.
It must be a trend nowadays to go back to before the beginnings of major successes: Smallville is also very successful.
Perhaps soon we will see Ally McBeal in Kindergarten, or Samantha from "Sex and the City" having fun with the whole footballteam at her highschool, Colt Seavers doing stunts with a tricycle and Kojak in a blue uniform with hair solving his first cases as a patrolman :jester:

Mike,
I want to see that big fish too!!!

For all of us linking their dinner: There was a post telling about a group of 13, who linked their reservations. On the first evening the waiters just moved together a a table for 8 and one for 6 and stuck to that routine for the whole trip.

I just posted two photo's at: Catfish Photos Just click on the catfish album. I will upload more once they are done working on it.

Nancy it has been nice down here. The daffodils are starting to bloom and some of the trees are budding out.:bounce:

If we are diverted on our cruise and have to go the eastern route does anyone want to do the 12 meter regatta again? It was a blast the last time. Mike

Originally posted by Viking
Hi Folks,

I just watched Enterprise and I liked it very much. Especially the First Officer from Vulcan is a major improvement ;)
According to my sources it plays exactly 113 years before StarTrek. Funny thing is, in Germany the original StarTrek-series was called "Raumschiff Enterprise" (Raumschiff=Spaceship), so for us it is even more back to the roots.
I think one of the biggest shames of Enterprise is, that right out of the gate they are playing around with time travel. While this allows for some interesting ways around things, e.g. Voyager's doctor out of the sickbay using 26th cent. technology, time travel its self has the fundamental problem that if matter can not be created or destroy and can only change states, then when something moves to a different time period, some matter or energy from that time period would have to move the travelers time period. This issue was addressed in Quantum Leap by having the person Sam leaped into go to the Waiting Room. Moving the amount of matter or energy to displace one individual in time is interesting but think of what would have to move if you transfer a ship or ships as in First Contact! Think of the call to the Star Fleet Command helpdesk as an individuals 22nd century computer is replaced by matter for another time period.!!

At least in Enterprise they have addressed the issue of away teams “beaming” down to a location and the transporter failing leaving the team stranded and everyone forgetting about the shuttles

But I digress, I enjoy Enterprise and continue to have hopes it will enjoy a bigger following, but I afraid it may not have the time! And it is only a TV show and yes I do not live in my parents basement, thank you Bill Shanter

Okwmiester

Yes, 67degrees here yesterday as well. Good old Mother Nature, gives you hope then with it to be in the 30s this week, takes it away. Still, we have the high school play off snow storm to look forward to. Have a great time in Keystone.

Matty

Yes Matt,

timetravel is always a good topic to start a discussion or speculate about its probability.
The theory about requiring a balance of masses/energy was also used by R.A. Heinlein in his novel "The Door Into Summer" in the 50ies. In this theorie you need two identical masses; one is sent into the past and one into the future - Unfortunately the physicist doing this doesn't have any influence on which mass is going where (Or better when;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!