Cruise 10/11/2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TINA...have a great birthday and enjoy the Italian dinner..we don't have that restaurant up here (we are usually the last to get everything) but it sounds great!!

TwinAve...did the kids list already go out? We didn't get one yet (at least Sarah didn't tell me that she got one!) Have a great day!! Mary Jo

Happy Birthday Tina :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Mike--- Congratulations to Stacey on having her fish picture selected. I checked out the web page. It is always interesting to see how creative people can be. So hers will be one of the 7' long fish on display. You will have to take a picture and post it for us. When I was in Toronto a couple of years ago, I saw all the moose displays around the city. They are really neat.

I wonder whre Elaine is, she must be busy decluttering, getting ready to move and keeping up with her studies.

Nancy

Mike ... Love Stacey's "fish"design. So who did she get her artistic ability from You or Kathy? Tell her congrats on landing a job ... HEY, isn't that what you do when you fish (land a fish).

Mary ... Do you guys have a fax that I can fax the logo drafts to?
If so PM me with the # and I'll try and send it to you that way
tomorrow.

Been lurking for the past few days. We got more snow on the weekend.:( There are flurries outside my window as I write this but... it's supposed to go up to 10C on Saturday. That would be nice although that would mean lots of water since the snow will start to melt. At the moment we have lots of ice built up because some of the snow has been melting during the day and then freezing at night.

Happy Birthday Tina.

They still have some of the moose around Toronto as they were sold off (or auctioned, can't remember which) at the end of the summer. There's a house in our neighbourhood that has one of the moose on their lawn. The fish look really interesting.

Must get back to work and get rid of some of the pile on my desk.

It's March Break here though and for 6 days I don't have to get my DS up for school. I'm in heaven.:p Actually woke up in the middle of the night last night to the smell of pizza -- so he and his friends obviously ordered pizza last night although there was no leftovers to be found this morning.

Fiona

All you Trading Spaces watchers...there is supposed to be a reveal to remember (from Las Vegas) that is not to be missed on March 22nd. According to the article that someone sent me from Yahoo!, there is almost a knock em dead, down and out fight between the homeowners and the designers!! Paige has to pull them apart (according to the article!!):smooth: :smooth:

I feel bad for some of the Trading Spaces neighbors because sometimes the before is much better than the after. They come up with the worst designs sometimes. And others, are very nice improvements.

I always joke with my neighbor that if we did the show, that I'd disown her as a friend if she ever painted my furniture. LOL!

Tina

how about when they paint beautiful hard wood floors. if they
ever touched my hardwood floor i would die first then have a heart attack.

arlene

Oh, I almost died when they did that! Don't they realize that hardwood floors are an upgrade in new homes.

Originally posted by Hopkins
I'm the BIG 4-0!!!

I wanted to share it with my friends since my hubby isn't taking me on a cruise like Eric. Just kidding darling hubby! LOL! We're going out to an italian restaurant with the family and we have the "kitchen table". Has anyone ever heard of Buca di Beppo? It's a chain restaurant throughout the United States that's made to look like a mom and pop Little Italy type restaurant from the 40's and 50's. The themeing is very good. Some people think they are real thing!

www.bucadibeppo.com

Tina :bounce:

Herzliche Glückwünsche zum Geburtstag, Tina :bounce: :Pinkbounc
As a youngish 39er I can't imagine how you must feel :teeth: but unfortunately I'll know at Cruisetime -1

I just finished filing our taxes for 2001 and 2002 and the 'puter said that we get back €970 :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: , I just converted it to cocktails and came up with 202 - LOL

So Eric -- are you buying the drinks for everyone????

I don't get a tax refund so I don't file til the last minute -- April 30th this year. I get child support which is taxable which is why I don't get a refund. It's ok though because at least I'm working -- I had a lot of student years that I did get refunds so it all works out.

Trading spaces -- love the show but I wouldn't be too happy if someone painted my hardwood floors. They did that a couple of episodes ago but just painted around the edges. I didn't think it looked that great. The one where they stickered the kitchen walls was kinda neat although I'm not sure if I'd want stickers all over my walls -- how would you get them off if you didn't want them anymore?

No more flurries here at the moment which is good.

Looking forward to turning on the a/c in my car -- I will never again complain about hot, humid days in August.

Fiona

Originally posted by cdnmickeylover
So Eric -- are you buying the drinks for everyone????

Kind of, Fiona: I just checked out the American Customs Regulations and discovered, that we're allowed to bring 1 liter of Alcohol per person (About 1/4 of a gallon for our friends still using the medieval units of measurement ;) ). And as a novelty here in Germany we have small schnaps-bottles made of plastic and wrapped as candy. We intend to bring 2 litres of schnaps packed in these little bottles for the sail-away-party. And if Rolo & Sabine are coming with us, we'll bring 4 liters (A gallon) :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc Should be 1 or 2 bottles for every adult.

And could please anyone explain Trading Spaces to me?

Originally posted by cdnmickeylover

Looking forward to turning on the a/c in my car -- I will never again complain about hot, humid days in August.

Fiona

And I will change back to my 16-inch-alloys with the 205/45-rubbers and put the 15''-alloy with the snow-tyres back in the cellar :bounce: :Pinkbounc
Our a/c is only for emergencies: Usually we ride with the top down when the weather is fine. But when our trunk (Or do you say "boot" in Canada?) is full we have to ride with the roof closed and then it's cool (Literally) to have an a/c.

Have to change off the snow tires too. Last year I think I did that around this time because we went to WDW the beginning of April. Not yet ready to do it this year though with about 3 feet of snow still on the ground. I drive a van so can't have the top down
:(

Trading Spaces -- it's a show where neighbours redecorate a room in each other's homes. They have 2 days in which to do it and a budget of $1,000. They do have the help of a designer and a carpenter but they do all the work and sometimes it's a lot of work. It's fun to see the different designs but some of them I definitely wouldn't want in my house. Trading Spaces is the American version -- there's a British version and we have a Canadian version as well.

We actually say trunk here in Canada rather than boot. We spell things differently though from our American counterparts -- it's colour rather than color and neighbour rather than neighbor. Have to set the computer dictionary to British rather than US english or get spelling errors all the time.

Fiona

Happy Birthday Tina!
birthday.gif

Fiona, Pizza for breakfast! My favorit!!!:D Sorry they didn't leave you any.:mad:
Cathy: PLEASE send me a fax of the logos! I will PM you with the fax number at work.
MaryJo, Sorry! I don't know why you didn't get a list. I was a little blearey-eyed by the time I e-mailed everyone. I will send you a list this evening.:eek: :eek: :eek:
Later, Ave

Happy Birthday Tina!

Ave, could you send Regina and George a copy of the kids list. I know I have it but they just love getting e-mail!

I would LOVE to have my house done by Trading Spaces! If you want to kill a half hour, check out the web site www.tlc.com and look over the application. Very interesting!

Pizza is the perfect food. It has all the food groups!

Anyone have Scavanger Hunt's e-mail address? I would be happy to forward him the logos.

Eric, the Schanapps sounds great. We just have to be sure no one thinks you are selling them!

I missed the "fish" design!! Could you post it again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter