Cruise 10/11/2003 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
And to think...someone thought we were a cult...:jumping1:

Remember the "Magic" wave? Everytime we saw him we were to wave. He got over his shyness.

Take care, Kathy with a K

Is it Oct. 2004 yet?

So nice to see so many posting after our cruise. I am suffering post cruise depression, especially since I got my pictures back. It just makes you want to be back on the ship.

The Magic wave to everyone in the cult.

Nancy

Eric,

Good to know that we didn't miss out on the cd. I plan on calling Rodney Tues. Figured I'd give him a week to catch up on work things.

Planning a forced vaction for nexct March. Any suggustions from the world travelers?

Nancy

Eric,

I suffer terribly when the NFL seasone is over. i wiSh I could find reliable (sp) coverage of NFL Europe to ease my addiction. It would also help if George was more into NFL but growing up with the Patriots as the home team - who could blame him?

Originally posted by Windermere
Eric,

Good to know that we didn't miss out on the cd. I plan on calling Rodney Tues. Figured I'd give him a week to catch up on work things.

Planning a forced vaction for nexct March. Any suggustions from the world travelers?

Nancy
Yup,
check out Germany - At least you would have a free guide in the Frankfurt-area :wave2: and from here it is just a five-hour-drive to Disneyland Paris.

Originally posted by Windermere
Eric,

I suffer terribly when the NFL seasone is over. i wiSh I could find reliable (sp) coverage of NFL Europe to ease my addiction. It would also help if George was more into NFL but growing up with the Patriots as the home team - who could blame him?

The NFL Europe runs only from April til September. BTW, Our team is this year's champion: The Frankfurt Galaxy.

Things are back to normal here in maryland. We got our pictures in the album and I'm suffering from from post Disney cruise depression, too. It seems like the cruise was a dream, but the credit card says it wasn't. LOL!!!

I've been reading some of the trip reports from our cruise. They're fun to read.

Tina :)

Eric,
I have a photo of you winning the Mouseketeer show - I didn't know it was you who'd won (another Dis-er pointed it out to me over dinner). Very exciting. Let me know if you'd like me to email it to you.

Enjoy your next cruise.

Tony G

Originally posted by Hopkins

I've been reading some of the trip reports from our cruise. They're fun to read.

Tina :)

I know what you mean about the credit cards! I came home to a stack of bills!

Is there another section on the forum where folks are talking about our trip? I thought I'd seen something like that but I can't find it now.

Good News, Bad News..................Which First?

Okay, Bad.......We can't afford to cruise again in 2004 :( DH needs a new/used car really bad. Since the cruise costs as much as a good used car :rolleyes: We are going to have to pass in 2004.

BUT.............Visa is running a great special for Disney World. Kids 3 - 9 stay and play FREE. I am booking a 4 night stay at WDW for June 1 - 5.

I hope everyone has a great time 10/2. Wish we could be there, but I'll be happy with WDW also!!

Later.........Hope :wave2:

has anyone been to WDW the first week of June? Is it really crowded? Don't want to go if it is!

WDW website said the the first week of June was Moderate attendance. I have been there when it was like that and it isn't too bad. I was thinking that most kids are still in school until the middle of June. Am I right in that thinking? My kids get out the friday before Memorial day. I know it will be hot, but I am used to that, I live in Alabama :) . I just don't want it to be as crowded as Christmas or as it would be during the middle of the summer.

:hyper:

Hope

I agree with Peter - Early June sort of starts the "peak" crowds. MK can be <I>packed</I> then, so can MGM, especially during the late afternoon and evening (for <I>Fantasmic</I>). AK is strange, because some days there seems to be almost no one there, and others (even an odd day during the week) will be a swarm of people. Guess you just have to get lucky. The only park I have not seen really crowded in early June is EPCOT in the daytime hours.

Then there is the HEAT. Worse than that - the almost <I>daily</I> afternoon thunderstorms that can last anywhere from a few minutes to several hours (<I>Welcome to the Sunshine State!</I>). The walking areas can get pretty flooded at EPCOT and AK. The lightning can be <I>scary</I>. But be it weather or crowds, it's really unpredictable. The only thing certain is that <B>even a bad day at WDW is better</B> (to me) <B>than an average day anyplace else</B> (except the ship, of course!). <B>So go and ENJOY!</B> But don't forget your umbrella . . . ::yes::

We had a wonderful time on this cruise thanks to this DIS board and the hard work of so many. SO THANKS TO ALL.

Ave, Thanks for organizing the brunch.

Hopelea and Bettemom & Kim - Thanks for the door signs and magnets.
Eric - THANK YOU for all the effort you put into this. You did an excellent job as gatherer of information and keeper of the list!

Thanks to all of the OctoberfestII Cruisers for making this such a memorable and fun vacation.

Hope--- Sorry you can't go with us on the October cruise. As for the first week in June, we have done that many times. We were just there this year after our May cruise. MK can be crowded, but we tend to go there on E nights so not a problem then. Also, Gay Pride is usually that first weekend so MK is really busy on that Sat.
Otherwise, all the parks have been managable. There are alot of upper Northern schools that aren't out until later June so as the month goes on, it becomes more crowded.

We might be there again in early June in 2004. I will be at a conference in Tampa June 5-9, so will be doing WDW either right before or after the conference.

Nancy

Hey Kim and Bettemom. I understand there are pics somewhere on the web you guys are sharing. Can someone send me the link? I wanna see Bernie at the crew party! Did he ever make it back home to his family?

I enjoyed meeting those of you I had a chance to meet up with! Things were a bit hectic on the cruise with a 2 year old!

I walked by on Deck 5 when you all were getting your group picture (about the time you were singing M-I-C-) We had been watching Pirates of the Caribbean, but my son had fallen asleep so I was taking him back to the room to sleep for a while. You had quite a group together.

Brunch was interesting. There were 3 big tables and a few smaller ones also (we were at a table by ourselves--4 of us.) I did try to make it around to at least say hello to everyone at brunch.

I can't believe it's all over and done. Now just to try to find out when we can cruise again.

Sue Ellen

Hi All! :wave: Been meaning to check in but been kind of busy. After a long 1 1/2 days of driving, we made it back home last Sunday afternoon.

First of all, it was great meeting the great cruisers that we met. We met several at the sailaway party, and several more thoughout the cruise. Unfortunately, there were also a lot that we never got the chance to meet.

Thank you all for the wonderful door magnets, nametags, giveaways at the sailaway party, etc. The kids were excited about all their new toys and goodies.

I went on the cruise with the intentions of booking the October cruise next year, but we realized it couldn't happen. Our cruise was not as relaxing as we had hoped. Our 2 year old boys definitely gave us a run for the money and had us on our toes. Unfortunately, we didn't even get to see a whole show as the boys would not stay put for very long. When we realized we should probably get them into the nursery for a few hours, they both came down with a bad head cold and were pretty unhappy the rest of the cruise. It was also disappointing that the twins could not go in the pool, even with swim diapers. I know it's a health thing but my boys sure do like to swim. :happy1:

Mary Jo, I sent you an email but it bounced back. I will try sending it again; if not, I will send it to you in a Private Message.

We also decided next time we cruise we are flying. Even when the boys are older and will do better in the car, we think we're getting too old for such a long drive.:hyper:

Maybe in two years, if not definitely in three years, we will be sailing again! :boat:

(Sorry this ended up being so long!)

We are finally home after the long drive. Had a great week at WDW though and already miss the warm weather. Had to put on long pants today for the final day of driving and sweaters. How depressing.

Wonderful cruise and can't wait til next year. Must go to bed now as I have to work tomorrow.

Fiona

Originally posted by tonyg
Eric,
I have a photo of you winning the Mouseketeer show - I didn't know it was you who'd won (another Dis-er pointed it out to me over dinner). Very exciting. Let me know if you'd like me to email it to you.

Enjoy your next cruise.

Tony G

Hi Tony,
YES!!! I would love to have that picture. Please mail it to: ericbehr@aol.com

Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!