Cruise 10/11/2003 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by padisneyfan

Of course, I did see a certain Monorail pilot and I don't remember him offering to show us any special perks around the park.

Nancy

Yeah, well I was on my 4th or 5th glass of alcohol at that point so I apologize for being a bit short if I was. I was also quite tired at that point (It was my second lap of food and wine).

Next time I promise :)

Originally posted by piglet33
Hi Everyone,

We had to drive home instead of flying since Haley wound up with a pretty bad head and chest cold. We didn't want to take the chance with flying since she'd be miserable and wouldn't understand why.

Lenny, Renee and Haley

Yeesh, thats a lot of driving. I know from experience. I hope the little one is ok. It was good to meet you all and if you ever need to send packages down in advance again, let Jen or I know.

Originally posted by Sarah'sMomfrom PA
Piglet33...Renee...it was so nice to meet you on board ship and talk with you and Len...Haley is really adorable and Sarah was very taken with her and kept saying how cute she was...so pleasant! Hope she is feeling better!! Wow, you guys had a long ride home!! I saw Len and Haley while we were waiting for the Budget shuttle (I had assumed you went over for the car)...hope you liked the outfit and if you don't, just email me and I can send you the receipt and you can take it back to Target. Once again, thank you for making the great pins...I know it was alot of work for you. Please stay in touch since we are in neighboring states and enjoyed meeting you and your family. We did not rebook on board for the 10/2 cruise due to school committments so I will not be posting on that thread. Mary Jo

Give Haley a kiss for Sarah!!!:wave: ::

Hi Mary Jo - It was really nice to meet you and your family too. Yes, I do like the outfit you got for Haley. It was very nice of you. I can't wait for her to wear it. We're supposed to have snow flurries tonight. Oh to be on the Magic again......I will definitely stay in touch.

Take Care - Renee

OK, so we're all home now I assume and I don't know about you, but it looks like more than 2 weeks of work piled up here. Between work and home I AM SWAMPED with stuff to do so I likely won't be on the list much for a bit, but I'd love to stay in contact with you all.

I was very glad to meet the few of you that I did meet and sorry I didn't get to spend as much time as I wanted to with the rest. Having too much darn fun! Will be doing that again definately.

Looks like I won't be able to go next year like I wanted to because my husband informed me that we have a trip to Mexico planned (Puerto Vallarta) so my younger son (will then be 15, perfect for the teen club!) will be with me in 2005! Hope to see some of you again.

On another note, I have a request for you Floridians. I was at the Character Connection store out at Belz mall on my flying-home day and saw the Mickey camera cases (made of cordura, I think, black) and passed them up since I already had a camera case. Well, low and behold, what's waiting for me when I get home, but a wonderful new camera that my hubby bought me for a welcome home gift!!!! How cool is that? So, if any of you locals get a chance to get by that store and pick one of these up for me, I'd not only be grateful, but be willing to compensate you for your troubles. I really want one of these cases for my brand new camera!

So anyhow, let me know if any of you get near Western Washington in the future, I'd love to go to lunch or something and would be willing to show you around Seattle and the area if you wish.

Anyone near Wash DC? I'll be there mid-November chaperoning a high school group and I should have all my pics back from the trip that I'd love to share with anyone willing to look :-)

Hope to see you all again!

Welcome Home everybody we hope you all had a great time and would appreciate al reports about your trip. What should we do in the ports that are the same as the ones you all got too. How was the "Brunch" or dinner at Palos. We really wish we could have been with you guys. How many are going back in 2004 I see quite a few so far. Email us at geojeffers@aol.com with reports and suggestions. Barbara and George:earsgirl: :earsboy:

It did not go off as smoothly as last year. Everyone who was a "host or hostess" did what was asked of them. But the young man at the reservation table was having a very hard time dealing with us. The dinning room manager was not very helpful at first. At the sail-away party I was given the message that the table I was seated with was not able to make a reservation. Then I got another message that said Palo's dining room manager wanted to meet with "whoever was in charge" right after the sail-away. I felt like I was being called down to the principals office. (Sorry Doug) Nancy (Boardwalk4me) showed up to give me moral support. The manager told me they could not have all of us dinning on Monday. He had us split into two groups, 18 on Sunday, and 38 on Monday. I did the best I could to get this together at the last minute. But I was not very happy about it. I want to thank Nancy, Norm, Shari and the rest of the group that showed up on Sunday. I know this may have messed up some of your other plans. Monday's Brunch seemed to go off nicely. And I know I had a nice time. But again, it was not want I had planned.
:(

Jen and I got most of our pictures back. We apparently took a lot of them at Carlos and Charlie's. Particularly, favorites involve the full service available at C&C (including being carried out to a taxi if you pass out by the wait staff) and a beautiful picture of the sunset on our second sea day.

The other thing I want to say here, is that we did the Honeysuckle Ranch beach ride at Grand Cayman. While the stable area itself was a bit rundown (I guess it isn't easy to maintain stuff right on the beach) the horses were in excellent shape and well maintained. The ride itself was great (we did a private ride with just myself, jen and our guide) and they were truly amazing. The beach itself is totally deserted and near the end of the ride we could see Stingray City. One other word of warning. The beach is narrow and at some points you need to get well into the water on the horses (something they are fine with). If you aren't expecting to get wet, think again. We had a beginning rider in our group (they picked us up together, but we split up for our private ride from the rest of the group) and he had an excellent time which tells me the guides are good and the horses our good.

All in all I'd highly recommend them again.

I second Honeysuckle, although the barns were run down, the horses were in great shape and loved. Great ride and lots of fun

Hey Guys,

Check out this thread: http://www.disboards.com/announcement.php?s=&forumid=9

Go about 1/2 way down the page. This thread made the Top 5 List! Yippee!!!

Top 5 Threads with the most replies are:
1 - Parks Game Part Deux: Let's Play More! (Theme Parks Forum)
2 - ONE LINE THREADER's ANONYMOUS (Community Forum)
<font color=blue>3 - Cruise 10/11/2003 (Disney Cruise Line Forum)
<font color=black>4 - Disney Word Snake (Theme Parks Forum)
5 - You HAVE to try this!! EBAY your way to DISNEY!! (Budget Forum)

Originally posted by piglet33
Hey Guys,

Check out this thread: http://www.disboards.com/announcement.php?s=&forumid=9

Go about 1/2 way down the page. This thread made the Top 5 List! Yippee!!!

Top 5 Threads with the most replies are:
1 - Parks Game Part Deux: Let's Play More! (Theme Parks Forum)
2 - ONE LINE THREADER's ANONYMOUS (Community Forum)
<font color=blue>3 - Cruise 10/11/2003 (Disney Cruise Line Forum)
<font color=black>4 - Disney Word Snake (Theme Parks Forum)
5 - You HAVE to try this!! EBAY your way to DISNEY!! (Budget Forum)

Outstanding, though since they have 783 pages we're only a bit more than half way there. Everyone should post their pictures here. and see if we can take #2 at least.

Piglet33 - What a beautiful picture of Haley and Goofy! Sorry I really didn't get a chance to meet you. I did speak briefly with your hubby and Haley just prior to the photo shoot. Thank you so much for the pins you made DH and myself. I received them about halfway thru the cruise and was quite surprised and pleased.

There are a few others I didn't really get a chance to meet. I would love to say "next time", but even though we rebooked for September, we are thinking of not cruising Disney again so soon. Thinking of doing another cruiseline (since we can't go with all our friends on the 10/02/04 cruise) or perhaps just going to Florida and have the guys do that racetrack thing that Mary did for George a few years back and also have Richie do the a.m. surfing lessons in Typhoon Lagoon. We will have to have a family meeting and make a decision on this.

I miss all my tablemates. It was a pleasure sharing dinner with you all every evening and meeting up with most of you at CC for a good game of "throw the ball so it splashes the person aimed at"! Not exactly "Dunk Ze German" but fun nonetheless.

Ave - So Palo's didn't turn out quite as we planned. Speaking as someone who does not like any seafood, I have to say it was still a great brunch. The waiter (Andrew?) was very accommodating and helpful to me personally and I so enjoyed the company of those I got to talk with. Thank you so much, Ave, for the effort you made with the brunch. And congrats! I hear you won at bingo!

Mike - Not sure if it was this thread or the new Antigua thread but can non-Antigua cruisers go to a D.C. meet if you have one? As we passed by Washington on the way home, we decided we should visit this year during cherry blossom time. It has been 14 years since we were last there! Glad to hear your dad is doing better.

So Rosemary -

You didn't get to meet everyone this year either huh? And you blamed me for never meeting last time. I see how it is now.

Anyway, I just responsed to the 10/2 thread that I would love to Dc too. ( We may have to change our plans for a 3-week back-to-back due to hubby's job and may end up on an Oct cruise after all - we'll see ). Maybe by spring all the hassles with the house will be done.
By the way, we are not in our new house yet. Frustration after frustration and the latest word is 'Mid-December but definitely by New Year's Eve'. No more promises just get the ______ house finished. AAARRRGGGGHHHHHH. And they thought they'd have it done early!

Oh well, talk to you soon.

Nancy

JUst reading what I didn't get to read on the ship and ran across someone asking about bug spray. Yes, there were mosquitoes at the Radission but more than anything, were the sand fleas. They started in on my legs and even after Mary/Ave (??) sprayed me they still bit. Nasty little buggers.

We had a great time on the Scavenger Hunt. Even after Mike and Art were one and a half hour late getting the car from the electric car place and then the car ran out of battery (in the middle of an intersection) we still won! We had a blast! I would recommend this to anyone who has not done it.

Palo's was ok for us, we had really hoped to be with our whole group and we had a nice time. But, they split our Monday group up into two tables, across the resturant from each other and we couldn't even see the other table. Then the other tables around us weren't even used. What was up with that? Mike and I decided we would not "do" Palo's for the dinner which I had been looking forward to, and we will not do Palo's for the brunch for a long time. I know it is just one family (Mike and me) but it is a protest to what we had been told in the past and the way Ave was treated.

Saturday was a beautiful day getting off the boat and Art, Cathy, Mike and I were looking forward to a day at the park. We went to the hotel and registered and left in Art and Cathy's car to go to the park. We were rear ended by a British Couple who were headed to the airport to go home. Man! That hurt! Poor Cathy's car needs a new bumper. No one was really hurt. Infact, my neck is working better than it has in awhile. :)

We got home from Florida late last evening. In Chattanooga (sp) we had a call from Mike's dad's wife that his dad had a light stroke and was in the ER. However this morning they said it looked to be a VERY light stroke and he would be going home this afternoon.

I am at work now posting this. Everyone take care, we will hear from some of you on the 10/02/04 thread and I look forward to seeing some of you onboard the ship. Kathy with a K

Originally posted by Windermere
So Rosemary -

You didn't get to meet everyone this year either huh? And you blamed me for never meeting last time. I see how it is now.

Anyway, I just responsed to the 10/2 thread that I would love to Dc too. ( We may have to change our plans for a 3-week back-to-back due to hubby's job and may end up on an Oct cruise after all - we'll see ). Maybe by spring all the hassles with the house will be done.
By the way, we are not in our new house yet. Frustration after frustration and the latest word is 'Mid-December but definitely by New Year's Eve'. No more promises just get the ______ house finished. AAARRRGGGGHHHHHH. And they thought they'd have it done early!

Oh well, talk to you soon.

Nancy

Hi Nancy,
we missed you & George at our table, but Rodney & Susan were very nice tablemates, too. I gave them your CD and it should soon be with you - Enjoy it.

Hi,
We arrived back from Orlando on Sunday night. Now they are talking snow showers here next week. Oh well back to Minnesota living.

We had a wonderful time on this cruise thanks to this DIS board and the hard work of so many. SO THANKS TO ALL.

Ave, Thanks for organizing the brunch. The food were great along with all the wonderful company and conversation at the table. Disney really screwed up on this on, and should start advancing service to keep up with the way life has changed with the internet. Ave, the manager of Palos' just didn't seem to grasp what you were trying to accomplish. Doug (okwmeister) & I were the first in lines when getting on the ship to get the reservations, we tried to explain what was coming for brunch reservations, but he seemed determined not to accomodate from the very beginning.

Congratulations on winning at Bingo we were there also and saw your excitment. YEH!!!!!

Twins - Thanks for the Radisson meet. It was great to meet all of those there and made the line wait the next morning so much fun
to see familiar faces.

Hopelea and Bettemom & Kim - Thanks for the door signs and magnets. It was so fun to walk around the ship hallsways and see all the beautiful decorations on the doors.

Bettemom and Kim - thanks for the Butterfly on my shoulder.

Imgoingtodisney - Thanks for the heartwarming stories on the way you use your DVC points to spread so much happiness around. Hope Boston is warmer than Minnesota.

Eric - First of all it was great to visit with you and Anja the little we could. We are so excited that you won the cruise. Oh yeh the schnaps was pretty good too. THANK YOU for all the effort you put into this. You did an excellent job as gatherer of information and keeper of the list! Hey the Vikings are still 6 and 0.

Thanks to all of the OctoberfestII Cruisers for making this such a memorable and fun vacation.

We are booking for next year but will miss it by 2 weeks. Due to school schedules in Minnesota we will be cruising on the Oct. 16, 2004 cruise. So far there are 3 families booking this cruise from this group. We will miss you all.

It is truly amazing how the internet around the world, 1 director in Germany with a great supporting cast, a lot of GOOD/GREAT/FANTASTIC/GIVING people, a little pixie dust, and the MAGIC of Disney can do for your outlook on life. Walt Disney would have been proud of this production.

Thanks again and happy cruising.

Jeff, Nancy, Lia & Alisa - aka Boardwalk4me

Thanks for the praise, Jeff!!
The Viking-hat is a hit - Everybody over here loves it and is envious. As soon as I can get some Frankfurt Galaxy Stuff (It's off-season now!!) I'll send it to you and Doug.

It was my FIRST time ever playing BINGO! :smooth: If I knew how easy it was to win, I would have played long ago.:p

Gosh, I sure do miss everyone. I think I was more upset about not seeing my Dis friends again then I was about the cruise coming to an end.:wave:

Till we meet again,

Ave'

I would also like to say thank you for the magnet on our door (it now has a home on the fridge!) and for making the Palo brunch possible. Also for all the great info this board provided us!

Denise

Greetings fellow Cruisers!

I cant' say enough about how thankful we are to have joined such a fabulous group. I am amazed at how a group of people can join together from all around the world to create such lasting memories and friendships. I can't stop reflecting on the quality of people that came together to make this such a remarkable vacation.

Thanks to all for your time and efforts during all the pre-cruise planning and for the great times we shared.

Hoping our paths will cross again!

Doug, Christy, Cori, and Connor
okwmeister

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!