Crowds at Rock the Universe

plumsiren

DIS Veteran
So originally our stay was going to be 2/4-2/8, (Friday to Tuesday) with park days on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Then they announced Mardi Gras would be starting on our very first day. I get the sense that not only is that a big day every year, it will be even moreso this year because it's the return of the full, regular experience.

So we started looking into one week earlier, 1/28-2/1. Then BFF found out about Rock the Universe. The hours aren't an issue, really, but we're wondering about overall crowds. BFF read something about lots of youth groups?

Has anyone been there for this weekend before? How many people does this add to the parks on Saturday (and Sunday; I'm assuming plenty stay for the whole weekend)? What was your overall experience like?

Thanks!

I don't have any advice (sorry) but I'm bumping this up because we are in the exact same boat. I'm trying to decide which weekend would be busier 😫

I arrive on the 28th of Jan, but I will be there for 2 weeks, and to be honest I'd seen it as a given that the weekends would be busier anyway, but I think the atmosphere for the start of Mardi Gras should be great fun, and if I'm lucky maybe some of my favourite Vloggers will be there too!

We are going that weekend arriving 7pm on the 28th and then leaving on the 30th on a 4pm flight. Has anyone bought these tickets as they seem to be cheaper than the regular tickets. A RTU 2-Park Rock Your Weekend Park-to-Park ticket are $174+ tax. Seems like a no-brainer. The terms say you can go to both parks Jan 28-30th but website where you buy them shows only the 28-29th as regular park access. Anyone know which is correct? Also, we are staying at Portofino. I doubt we'd get express pass during the concert...but would we get the complimentary Express Pass during regular park hours on these tickets? I figure we'll get to the hotel around 9pm and if we could get on a few rides from 9pm to 1am it would be an awesome bonus.

Then the terms:

So the Twitter team confirmed the RTU Weekend PArk-to-Park pass does include 3 day admission to for the 28, 29, and 30th during regular park hours for BOTH parks. We are staying at Portifino and they confirmed the comp Express Pass for staying at deluxe is still good with these tickets during normal park hours.

The tickets also allow access to the paid event both Friday and Saturday night (4pm-1am). The hotel Express Pass is NOT good during this time.

The weekend pass for park-to-park was $179+tax and we added the unlimited Express Pass for Saturday night for an extra $29+tax. These prices were WAY less than the 2 day park-to-park passes and allows us to get some bonus rides in late both nights.

I do have that lingering feeling that's it's a bit too good to be true....or that I missed something in the terms that will bite me later. But hoping things work out.

Wow! Without knowing it, it appears we are dodging a bullet. We are going 2/2-2/4. Leaving late afternoon on the 4th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter