Crockett's Tavern

Cyrano

DIS Veteran
This looks like a table service restaurant, but it is a self-service and you pick your choices at the window with the chefs. It is located in the main hub of the Davy Crockett Ranch.
In the evenings the restaurant is visited by characters and offers an outdoor barbeque in the summer evenings.
An interesting option is the carry out service so you can take your meal back to your cabin.
Have a look here for a look at the restaurant.

Link to other restaurant reviews :)

Okay as previously announced we are hoping the boards can help :goodvibes If you have photographs of the restaurant and the food. If you have eaten here and can write a review. Even a couple of lines of what you liked, things to watch out for.. would be appreciated if you posted below :)

Reservations are reccomended as there are not that many tables. We had fish and chips, chicken and veg lasagna which was all great. As there is no table service resort onsite they will give you the discount for your shareholders card.

This is roast chicken in a skillet and childrens portion of the same :)

ec2f42c8.jpg

As we're staying here anyone got some ball-park prices?

hi we have just got back and ate here on our first night. the cost was 22 euros for an adult including a soft drink.

we made a booking half an hour before we wanted to go and turned up at the tavern and waited to be seated. you get a ticket from the person who seated you with the amount of people dining on it and take it to the cashier and you pay before you eat. then you help yourself to the buffet.

there was plenty of choice, salads, pasta dishes for starters, tuna pasta which was very tasty. then chips, pizza, lamb, chicken, veg chilli, tacos, potatoes, couscous, rice, all in metal cannisters type things that you serve yourself from. fresh rolls and butter,. for the children there was fish shapes, chicken nuggets, spaghetti, veggies.

we got our daughter anything she wanted even from the adult dishes as no-one watched and I also had the kiddies spaghetti which was lovely.

then come the desserts and there is plenty of choice again, lemon merangue, creme caramel, jellies, fruit sauces, fresh fruit which we also took some home with us, all types of cakes and puddings, rice puddings.

the place was very busy and we sat overlooking the pool which was a great bride for our daughter to eat her dinner so she could go in. we went at 7pm and it much busier around 8.30-9pm and people were queing out of the door to be seated.

It was a handy place to eat for our first night when we were tired and starving after a days travelling.

We ate here on Friday 12th December 2008.

This restuarant is a buffet style restuarant. The cost was 23 per adult and free for Kacee as he is under 3 years old. The restuarant overlooks the swimming pool which can be a very nice view but you also see some very, very odd sights :goodvibes

Food was delicous although there could have been more choice if I'm honest as you were limited to about 7 hot main meals to choose from.

My Dad is not a buffet man but loved the food here and is already planning to go back on the next trip!

Has anyone been here in the last year or so?

How are the food and selection?

Has more seating been added, or can it still be crowded (not sure if we need to figure out our dining times and preserve).

We booked a packaged today that includes "free dining" and our dinners are all supposed to be at our hotel buffet--so I am looking for information. Thanks :goodvibes

Has anyone been here in the last year or so?

How are the food and selection?

Has more seating been added, or can it still be crowded (not sure if we need to figure out our dining times and preserve).

We booked a packaged today that includes "free dining" and our dinners are all supposed to be at our hotel buffet--so I am looking for information. Thanks :goodvibes

if you have free half board dining included, you have the half board standard vouchers - this lets you eat at any of the 19 participating table and buffet service restaurants in the DLP resort (both parks, the Village, and the onsite hotels). It includes the buffet restaurant at the Davy Crockatt tavern, but doesn't restrict you only to that restaurant :).

if you have free half board dining included, you have the half board standard vouchers - this lets you eat at any of the 19 participating table and buffet service restaurants in the DLP resort (both parks, the Village, and the onsite hotels). It includes the buffet restaurant at the Davy Crockatt tavern, but doesn't restrict you only to that restaurant :).

Thanks. Actually it is a full board plan and they were VERY clear that the sit down meal vouchers will be only for the buffet at our hotel (there are also counter service vouchers to use for lunch and those are good at all counter service locations).

Apparently it will be a new dining plan option. We got an email offer to get it for free--very lucky us :thumbsup2

Thanks. Actually it is a full board plan and they were VERY clear that the sit down meal vouchers will be only for the buffet at our hotel (there are also counter service vouchers to use for lunch and those are good at all counter service locations).

Apparently it will be a new dining plan option. We got an email offer to get it for free--very lucky us :thumbsup2

ah - is this an offer on your country's website? i have seen the hotel-only version of the dining plan, coming in next month.

ah - is this an offer on your country's website? i have seen the hotel-only version of the dining plan, coming in next month.

Not exactly. It was odd. They emailed me the offer. I clicked and priced it and went to book and then got to the place to put in information, and even though it was emailed to me and I was logged in and they should know I do not live in the Faroe Islands, that was filled in as the country and it could not be changed :confused3

A long phone call, and forwarding them the email I recieved resulted in them honoring the price for me though :goodvibes With a 15 year old boy, full board is VERY helpful :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!