Cristmas cruising

J1spike3

Earning My Ears
Has anyone been on a cruise on the Fantasy over Christmas in recent years? We are contemplating the Christmas cruise this year and was interested in others experiences? Special events etc.? Did your kids enjoy or were they sad? My boys are all teenagers so no stress there.

We were on the Fantasy over Christmas 2018 and are going again this year. 4 kids 15-21 3 r boys. YES luved every minute of it.
For the most part it was the same as any other DCL cruise, last year on Dec 25th it was a port day at Grand Caymen, we did an excursion.
The ship is decorated beautifully, there were some activities such as gingerbread cookie decorating, Mrs. Claus reading on xmas eve.
Xmas morning Santa was there and what looked like a nice spread of food. However, our kids being teenagers+ did not do any of this,
some movies may have been xmas themed. take a look at Scotts blog, all the Navigators are there for last yrs cruise.
We all enjoyed watching plenty of football, some of the games were shown outside on the pool decks funnel vision! If your kids enjoy football this is awesome at night. On port days we do excursions, on sea days it was the same as any other non-holiday sea day.
Being away over xmas was an enjoyable time for all of us, our dinner as a family every night, is the only requirement on the ship. Since 3 of ours are in college, it our captive time as family.
Looking forward to our cruise this year, xmas is at sea then 2 days at CC, favorite island!!!
Nothing to be sad about.

Looking forward to our cruise this year, xmas is at sea then 2 days at CC, favorite island!!!

That is the perfect Christmas cruise itinerary, which apparently they can't replicate every year likely due to the way the holiday falls on the calendar. I know they're not offering a 2020 Christmas cruise like that (only single CC stops).

My wife and I have not been on the ship on Christmas day however we have done a Christmas cruise on the Fantasy last year.
For my wife and I we loved the way the ship was decorated. My wife did ginger bread man decorating on day.
Here are some pictures.

We even brought our own little Christmas tree. My wife built a ginger bread house we brought with us while we were on the cruise.
Cast Away Cay even had decorations.

We did a Dream cruise last year for Christmas and it was awesome fun! Sea day for Christmas, so you could walk around in Christmas PJs and have a slow fun morning with presents and good food. Christmas shows in the atrium were very cool but not anything older kids would be crazy about. My son was 11 at the cruise and wasn't too interested in that stuff, but had a ball on the cruise as usual.

We've done 4 Merrytime cruises in the past few years and highly recommend it. Great atmosphere, allows us (as a family) to slow down from everyday life and spend time together. Thought I'd add a few of our pics from the last time out

Atrium.jpgAtrium Gingerbread House 2.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!