Credit for Mousekeeping Rumor

I am sorry but people are gross. Housekeeping is really for the benefit of the hotel not the guests. Someone spills one of their refillable mugs of coke on the carpet, now that stain won't be taken care of until check out. Overflowing trash bins are only an invitation to mice, bugs and other pests. People leave wet towels on the floor causing mold. Instead of vacuuming a little sand tracked into the room from one day daily now you have a week or two worth. Ew! Overall, it's not a good idea to forego housekeeping.

Excellent point...housekeeping is at least as much about protecting the investment as it is providing comfort.

Well done.

I am sorry but people are gross. Housekeeping is really for the benefit of the hotel not the guests. Someone spills one of their refillable mugs of coke on the carpet, now that stain won't be taken care of until check out. Overflowing trash bins are only an invitation to mice, bugs and other pests. People leave wet towels on the floor causing mold. Instead of vacuuming a little sand tracked into the room from one day daily now you have a week or two worth. Ew! Overall, it's not a good idea to forego housekeeping.

Definitely agree with this.

It's not a good idea for the long-term hotel asset to be skipping housekeeping as regular housekeeping allows assurance that the room is being cared for properly by the guest and provides regular upkeep. I could see every second day maybe but ultimately it's good for housekeeping to know if there is garbage piling up in a room, if there are spills, leaks, etc.... especially in Florida where bugs & mold are a major concern. Also if other local resorts/hotels can manage to provide daily housekeeping why can't WDW -- does that make the value of a WDW on site stay even less desirable than staying at an off-site premium property (waldorf astoria, four seasons, etc...)?

We usually stay club level at BC so for the prices they charge a $20 credit means virtually nothing. Will they offer larger credits at deluxes? If so are they ready to deal with maintenance issues relating to things that have not be kept up on a daily basis? The cost to maintain the resort in top shape will be more in the long run without daily housekeeping.

For DVC the members who are paying the upkeep of DVC properties through their maintenance dues --- they have a stake in ensuring that the property stays in reasonably good shape so the trash/towel and full clean schedule makes sense. Not sure it makes as much sense where guests that don't have a stake in the maintenance of the property.

First they came for the towel animals..

Then they came for the towels..

Hahahaha

First they came for the towel animals...
And I did not speak up, because I was not a towel animal.

Then they came for the bed sheets...
And I did not speak up, because I was not a bed sheet.

And then they came for the dole whips...
And we rioted and burnt the place down.

That's how the poem goes, right?

Hahahaha

First they came for the towel animals...
And I did not speak up, because I was not a towel animal.

Then they came for the bed sheets...
And I did not speak up, because I was not a bed sheet.

And then they came for the dole whips...
And we rioted and burnt the place down.

That's how the poem goes, right?

Hahahaha ...

But seriously there is some truth to this. Disney has been cutting back and cutting back and raising prices for years now.

In my short time here (But also a lot on other boards / dis on facebook) I have seen countless times people have told others that it's not a big deal (particular cut backs or up charges) the cut backs in park hours in exchange for paid extra hours during peak season this spring for instance.

Anyway they keep cutting and increasing prices and people here keep blaming guests and telling people some variation of "the magic is what you make of it"

It's only when they get to cutting something that is important to them that they suddenly have a problem with it.

Hahahaha ...

But seriously there is some truth to this. Disney has been cutting back and cutting back and raising prices for years now.

In my short time here (But also a lot on other boards / dis on facebook) I have seen countless times people have told others that it's not a big deal (particular cut backs or up charges) the cut backs in park hours in exchange for paid extra hours during peak season this spring for instance.

Anyway they keep cutting and increasing prices and people here keep blaming guests and telling people some variation of "the magic is what you make of it"

It's only when they get to cutting something that is important to them that they suddenly have a problem with it.
And those people are who I'd like to introduce to my foot...frankly...

They are the enablers feeding the overtanned, Hollywood suit junkie

(Excellent post...it should be repeated by the bucket brigade until they actually get it.)

Hahahaha ...

Oh you are absolutely right! They keep taking and taking and prices keep going up and up.

Exsqueeze me? Baking powder?

People are super impressed with my ability to spill wine, get makeup everywhere (on the bed, bath, and any other surface), explode my luggage, make the floors slick with sunscreen, pull out the ironing board, and undo the bed covers in less than 5 minutes.

ETA: My girls are just as bad as I am and have WAY more makeup too. Nobody cares if the room is dirty if you've brought the wine and volunteer to iron everyone's clothes:)

You know...I was just reading the Illinois thing today...I had no idea. I expect Kansas to bankrupt themselves - they sit on their brains and expect space gods to provide - but I'm very ashamed of the Illini...

:offtopic:

Kansan here :wave2:

You have no idea how excited I was (and everyone around me) to have the most recent veto overruled and to have our income taxes raised and the business exemption removed.. (though the retroactive part stinks) 'bout all I can say before it's starts getting political.

You have no idea how excited I was (and everyone around me) to have the most recent veto overruled and to have our income taxes raised and the business exemption removed.. (though the retroactive part stinks) 'bout all I can say before it's starts getting political.

I just hope that it one day becomes
A cautionary tale for all...

And those people are who I'd like to introduce to my foot...frankly...

They are the enablers feeding the overtanned, Hollywood suit junkie
Please stop insulting people who either disagree with your cause or simply do not care. I love WDW, but if it closed down forever I wouldn't be upset in the slightest. There are real problems in America and across the world worthy of your passion. This isn't one of them.

Most WDW visitors go only once or twice in a lifetime. Your concerns are not even noticed by those people. They are the people feeding the Disney execs, not the few thousand repeat visitors who post on the Dis. What we say or do here has ZERO impact on this company. You are tilting at windmills.

Please stop insulting people who either disagree with your cause or simply do not care. I love WDW, but if it closed down forever I wouldn't be upset in the slightest. There are real problems in America and across the world worthy of your passion. This isn't one of them.

Most WDW visitors go only once or twice in a lifetime. Your concerns are not even noticed by those people. They are the people feeding the Disney execs, not the few thousand repeat visitors who post on the Dis. What we say or do here has ZERO impact on this company. You are tilting at windmills.

...I suppose truth is in the eye of the beholder, is it not?

Oo boy I had seen something about some of the trouble over there. Glad to hear it's getting better.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming!

DH and I are heading to WDW in a few months. We have a split stay and are staying at All Star Sports for 3 nights and then moving to SSR for 4 nights. We rented points for SSR so we won't have any mousekeeping while we are there which is fine. If we had the option to get a credit for forgoing mousekeeping at all star sports we would definitely do it. If we were there for a week we would want it once or something but really, we don't need it every day.

I totally understand the argument that housekeeping is used to maintain the building as much as it is about customer service. People are nuts and sometimes do not take care of things that do not belong to them. DH and I are actually cleaner on vacation than we are at home specifically because we know someone is coming in to clean the room and we don't want to look like slobs. Granted, we are mostly talking about the clothes from the day before on the floor and toiletries not lined up neatly on the counter but still, we pick up after ourselves before we leave for the day.

Does anyone have any updated information on this? I would definitely ask about it when we check in if it's an option.

DH and I are heading to WDW in a few months. We have a split stay and are staying at All Star Sports for 3 nights and then moving to SSR for 4 nights. We rented points for SSR so we won't have any mousekeeping while we are there which is fine. If we had the option to get a credit for forgoing mousekeeping at all star sports we would definitely do it. If we were there for a week we would want it once or something but really, we don't need it every day.

I totally understand the argument that housekeeping is used to maintain the building as much as it is about customer service. People are nuts and sometimes do not take care of things that do not belong to them. DH and I are actually cleaner on vacation than we are at home specifically because we know someone is coming in to clean the room and we don't want to look like slobs. Granted, we are mostly talking about the clothes from the day before on the floor and toiletries not lined up neatly on the counter but still, we pick up after ourselves before we leave for the day.

Does anyone have any updated information on this? I would definitely ask about it when we check in if it's an option.

Yes, there's a larger discussion about this over on the resorts board: https://www.disboards.com/threads/gc-incentive-if-housekeeping-declined-update-post-1.3614525/

So you know the truth while the rest of us rubes walk around in idiotic bliss? :crazy:

It's up to you to figure out when I've got a leg up and when I don't...

...wait a minute...you weren't SERIOUS, Where you?

Are you gonna deny that the consumers are in la la land and the regime has exploited that to rob them?

Ohh...this could be great...do tell...:surfweb:

First it's a 20 credit per day,
Then it's a 10 credit per day.
The it's no credit per day but new lower room pricing

Then its an up charge if you want your room cleaned every day, every other day comes with new room rate.
Disney gives it self an award for not giving out towels every day and saving the planet millions of gallons of water a week.

Don't believe it
2005 Basic Dining plan $37.00 a day 1 appetizer per person and Tip included and Le cellier was not a signature
2018 old basic dinning plan $76 a day No appetizer , no tip, 1 free tap beer or house wine per meal and Le Cellier is 2 dinning credits

Buckle up the accountants are looking for new revenue streams.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter