Creative Ways to Finance DVC

Mine coded as lodging this week.

I put another contract on a different card to use the Plan It offer that’s only available for travel purchases and it also worked. Don’t know if it’s something new recently or if it’s just my account. So I’m going to change my statement to YMMV just in case as it didn’t work for you.
Thank you, this is nice to know since it was so recent! I am planning my next purchase before 9/11 and this could potentially change how I spread it out.

It does. I use my green for that reason. Loan payments don’t.

Edit: There’s a datapoint of this not working last year but it does for me. So this might be a YMMV.
Interesting...here are the terms for the Amex green card. Maybe you just got lucky. I don't think I'm going to risk it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230721_012138_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230721_012138_Chrome.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 6
We bought 150 pt at VGF and we put half on our chase card and the rest we financed only for the reason I don't like having big credit bills. So when that goes down we probably will put the rest on the card or just double our payments and pay it off sooner card AND financing through Disney.

We bought 150 pt at VGF and we put half on our chase card and the rest we financed only for the reason I don't like having big credit bills. So when that goes down we probably will put the rest on the card or just double our payments and pay it off sooner card AND financing through Disney.
I haven't financed DVC, but I don't think you can pay your direct loan back with a CC.

You can make principal payments with a CC. The monthly payments need to be with a bank account.
Thank you. I just read your post after I posted mine. This is good to know that's what I thought but wasn't sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter