Crazy to purchase at a resort I've never stayed at???

my wording probably could have been better. I certainly didn't mean to imply that VGF isn't good for kids.

I get what you mean, though. It also appeals to adults because of the restaurants, the theming, and the way the resort is set up. I don't know any other resort that has 3 signature restaurants, and 5 TS restaurants altogether. If your kids are not foodies, that's a lot of expense and formal dining that they're not going to appreciate.

OTOH, the studios that sleep 5 are helpful, and there's good space in the entry area of the studio EITHER for a crib or a double stroller (but not both).

Dang. A lot to think about for sure. You guys are really making me rethink AKV now too. We usually have a car (either rental or drive down) and usually drive ourselves to the parks because we hate dealing with the buses at the end of the night. So AKV and distance to the parks is not a deal breaker.

Dang. A lot to think about for sure. You guys are really making me rethink AKV now too...
Just to throw another spanner into the works...

I don’t know your family situation but when we first bought DVC we thought about the advantages of an EPCOT/MK resort in terms of naps for our kids. Later the ability for our parents to easily go ‘home’ and rest became important. Our upcoming trip will be the first one our kids will likely come ‘home’ after we do. And in the not too distant future we will be going on ‘adult only’ trips to WDW and being able to imbibe with my sweetie without worrying about driving ‘home’ will be welcomed.

We have booked one bedroom villas at GFV in early May using our $50 OKW points a few times. And they are lovely. But it can use a whole lot of points. GFV has rather high point requirements. And studios can be hard to book even at 11 months out. We usually avoid the pool closer to the villas because it is swarming with kids. We like the more adult pool in the center of the GF complex.

We have also used our cheap OKW points to book a savanna view one bedroom at Kidani Village. We didn't care for the look of KV right after they completed construction, but the landscaping has grown in nicely and now we enjoy booking there.

I would say as others have mentioned to stay onsite before buying. I thought I wouldn’t like BLT but I stayed there 3 weeks ago and I’m in love. I reviewed it online/YouTube, etc and thought the rooms were horrible and I only booked it because my fiancé likes the monorail. Walked in and it literally felt like home. Now I need to find points in my current use year for that resort. I guess what I’m trying to say is sometimes you have to just stay there to get a true feel of the resort and the resort room. Sometimes videos and pictures online just don’t do the room justice. Like now I’m looking back at the photos I took of the room and it’s not something that appeals to me, but in person it’s different and a completely different feeling.

facebook twitter