Crazy Idea?

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
Going on 4 day vacation to Disney next February. DH is not a big fan of the parks. DD definitely wants to go with me to parks but runs out of steam quickly. She will be 12, but she needs breaks from big crowds (social anxiety). There are about 4 major rides we want to hit at MK (7 Dwarves, Tron, Haunted Mansion (her favorite so will hit twice), Tiana's) and since we only have 4 days in Disney, I want to maximize. She is also a BIG fan of Stitch so we want to go to Polynesian character breakfast. We will do full day at AK with husband because that is his favorite park and he enjoys the animals/ Yak and Yeti for lunch and Pandora! We also want one pool day and time at DS (we are staying at SSR). DD and DH are NOT morning people, like to sleep in and lounge. I am trying to balance the big hits and the relaxation.

* We are using Touring Plans but this is kind of how I planned days, too.

Day one: Pool, Morimotos for dinner (family favorite)

Day two (also less crowds occurring to TP): MK Get ILL for Seven Dwarves and Tron and get LL for Thunder, Tiana; morning LL Tiana, Haunted, LL Tunder. Late breakfast waffles at Sleepy Hollow, then 7 Dwarves, another ride on Haunted,Tron-(now, I know there are a lot of Disney fan favorite rides we are missing; I understand this, but DD runs out of steam quickly and is not into the slower rides and we have done the fan favorites on previous trips).

Now my question is-should we be crazy and get park hoppers, take the Monorail to Epcot for Soarin (can we do virtual queue?), and DD wants to see fish, and then sit-down dinner?

Day three: Polynesian late breakfast so almost lunch, pool and then dinner at DS T-Rex (DD's favorite restaurant).

Day four: Get ILL for Pandora, LL for N'avi AK for last day, safari, animals, rapid river, Yak and Yeti lunch, Navi, Pandora LL. (DD does not like Dinosaur ride). Come back to Pool by 3/4ish for relaxed evening.

Thank you all!

Last edited:
I see two concerns with our plan. The first is nothing you can do anything about, which is that by next February there could be changes to G+ that could impact your plan. Although, so far, there haven't been any changes.

The second--not really a concern, more of a fact--there's no virtual queue for Soarin'. It's standby or G+ only. If you got park-hoppers, make sure to purchase the multi-park G+ for your MK day (it's the same price as the MK-only G+) so that you can get a LL for Soarin'.

Other than that, your plan looks pretty good to me. And say hi to the manatees for me!

I see two concerns with our plan. The first is nothing you can do anything about, which is that by next February there could be changes to G+ that could impact your plan. Although, so far, there haven't been any changes.

The second--not really a concern, more of a fact--there's no virtual queue for Soarin'. It's standby or G+ only. If you got park-hoppers, make sure to purchase the multi-park G+ for your MK day (it's the same price as the MK-only G+) so that you can get a LL for Soarin'.

Other than that, your plan looks pretty good to me. And say hi to the manatees for me!
Great information about the LL for soarin. Thanks!!

I'm trying to figure out what is "crazy" about your idea - haha! The issues I see with your plans were already pointed out. If the "crazy" part is not doing wall to wall park days then that's not crazy at all.

February can be warm or cold so I'd suggest thinking about a Plan B for your pool time or maybe having some flexibility so that you could swap days if it looks like you'll get some big enough swings in the weather making the pool more inviting for a different day. You and your daughter might enjoy the Grand Floridian spa - getting manicures is relatively inexpensive compared to their other services, and you get to use their lounge area.

If she loves the Living Seas you might want to consider dining at Coral Reef. We dined there last December for the first time and I really enjoyed it. It's very relaxing looking at that massive window into the aquarium and the service and food were excellent.

I'm trying to figure out what is "crazy" about your idea - haha! The issues I see with your plans were already pointed out. If the "crazy" part is not doing wall to wall park days then that's not crazy at all.

February can be warm or cold so I'd suggest thinking about a Plan B for your pool time or maybe having some flexibility so that you could swap days if it looks like you'll get some big enough swings in the weather making the pool more inviting for a different day. You and your daughter might enjoy the Grand Floridian spa - getting manicures is relatively inexpensive compared to their other services, and you get to use their lounge area.

If she loves the Living Seas you might want to consider dining at Coral Reef. We dined there last December for the first time and I really enjoyed it. It's very relaxing looking at that massive window into the aquarium and the service and food were excellent.
Oh thank you for the suggestions! The crazy part is doing two parks in one day. I don’t usually do that splurge! We are from VT so if it is cooler we still enjoy the pool time! Thank you!

Just a reminder to have a back up plan besides the pool, as Feb. weather can be tricky. We are from the Northern climates and when we go in Feb we definitely have a day or two that is even to cold for us to be out by the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter