Crab legs at Cape May thread-crab legs still going strong! :)

Just ate there last week and the crab legs were there!! They honestly were the BEST crab legs I have ever had in my life. Sweet, not fishy and plentiful! Simply amazing! All the food there was excellent!!! :thumbsup2

Were they a dirty looking brown color or were they pink/red?

:earsboy: Bill

So glad to hear this! As I'm reading through the thread I'm saying "Oh no!" Same as a few others the crab legs were the main reason for this ADR. Guess it's another thing I'll have to keep an eye out for before our trip!

Thanks for all the detective work!!!

Just returning from cape May rest easy everyone there were crab legs tonight talked to a manager there and was told that the crab legs will be on the menu for the foreseeable future. Also was told they will look into the menu

Just returning from cape May rest easy everyone there were crab legs tonight talked to a manager there and was told that the crab legs will be on the menu for the foreseeable future. Also was told they will look into the menu

Thanks soooooo much!!!!!!!!! I can sleep now:banana::banana::banana::banana::
:cool1:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Our favorite restaurant at Disney - thought it was about to be our 'least' favorite!! Now, I'll keep our ressies! (If they leave the menu alone now ;))

Just checked AllEars menu - crab legs listed on there.....

Yay!!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

So excited to hear the positive reports of crab legs on the buffet! We have always been impressed with them and this is a must do for my husband (and his post marathon dinner request) so I am happy to hear they will be there for the "foreseeable future". :woohoo::cheer2::cool1: Thanks to all who reported back to us!

:confused: Seriously... The crab fisheries were hard hit by the extremely harsh winter. Fishing quotas are down everywhere. I really think this is more likely the issue than a few people at WDW overindulging at one buffet.:headache:

My nephew works on a crab boat out of New Bedford. He fishes North Atlantic Red crab, and says the price has jumped wicked high. He said they also send a lot of their catch to Maryland.....red crab are bigger than blues, so they are in demand there. I imagine fresh crab has increased everywhere, and what remains constant is frozen.

I have no idea how WDW manages their food budget for any given restaurant, but I would bet a buck that if the item is off of the menu, but still appears, the manager is making a decision based on their market price, and does not want to be advertising an item that may not appear every day.

AS to canceling an ADR over one item, I would not. Either I like the food at a restaurant, or do not. I am from CT, and because we have access to excellent sea food, I very seldom even try any out of a steam table. YUCH! We went to CMC one time, and while it was okay, we never went back. Give me a freshly made seafood dinner any day over a bunch of stuff held warm.

I have no idea how WDW manages their food budget for any given restaurant, but I would bet a buck that if the item is off of the menu, but still appears, the manager is making a decision based on their market price, and does not want to be advertising an item that may not appear every day.

I think you hit the nail on the head here. And FWIW, I called from work this morning and spoke with Guest Services Management. She assured me that they are no longer on the menu and there are no plans moving forward to return them.

I think you hit the nail on the head here. And FWIW, I called from work this morning and spoke with Guest Services Management. She assured me that they are no longer on the menu and there are no plans moving forward to return them.

Which seems to be the exact opposite response of the establishments manager.

So we have a guy that was there last night and saw the crab legs, talked to the manager and said there are no plans to discontinue. Then we have a cast member who says the Guest Service Manager said crab legs are a goner.
OMG how hard is it to find out if crab legs will continue to grace the steam table? I'll be there on Tues July 22. If there are crab legs I will take a picture of them along with something that has the current date and post it. If there are no crab legs, then I'll just say so. Cape May was one of my favorite restaurants before they even offered all you can eat crab legs, but I do love them.

I believe it was a cm who spoke to chef who also said they're not going off menu. So crazy!!

Tell you what. My local supervisor has tons of inside connections. If anyone can find out, it would be him. TBH, for all I know dhe could have been reading off a sheet of paper or looked at the HUB. If that's the case, the crab legs aren't on the menu right now.I'll ask him about it tomorrow and report back tomorrow afternoon. (I would have asked him today but I didn't get a chance because we were back to back all day with the MDE being down.)

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but over on the YC/BC topic on the resorts board someone who actually works at the BC confirmed the crab legs are still in the menu.

This is directly from the HUB. If you choose to not believe it, I'm okay with that.

Please note that crab legs are not listed.

As of: 7/10/2014.
Cape May Cafe
Soups
Soup of the Day
Cape May Seafood Chowder

Carving Station
Hand-carved Strip Loin
with Horseradish Cream

Cold Offerings
Fresh Fruit Salad
in an Orange-Basil Dressing
Four Bean Salad
in a Red Wine Vinaigrette
Pickled Red Beets
Cape May House Salad
Caesar Salad
Loaded Potato Salad
Marinated Seafood Salad
Chilled Marinated Shrimp
Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
Marinated Olives
Jicama Slaw

Hot Offerings
Chicken
Pasta of the Day
Mashed Potatoes
Seasonal Vegetables
Steamed Red Potatoes
Steamed Corn on the Cob

Seafood Selections
Steamed Mussels
with a side of Tomato Sambuca Broth
Paella
Steamed Clams
Herb-marinated Salmon
Batter-fried Shrimp (offered Sunday & Wednesday)
Fried Clam Strips (offered Monday, Thursday, and Saturday)
Batter-fried Calamari (offered Tuesday & Friday)

Desserts
Assorted Pastry Desserts from our Yacht & Beach Bakery

Children's Buffet
Macaroni & Cheese
Chicken Drumsticks
Fried Cod Nuggets
Cheese Pizza

This is directly from the HUB. If you choose to not believe it, I'm okay with that.

Please note that crab legs are not listed.

As of: 7/10/2014.
Cape May Cafe
Soups
Soup of the Day
Cape May Seafood Chowder

Carving Station
Hand-carved Strip Loin
with Horseradish Cream

Cold Offerings
Fresh Fruit Salad
in an Orange-Basil Dressing
Four Bean Salad
in a Red Wine Vinaigrette
Pickled Red Beets
Cape May House Salad
Caesar Salad
Loaded Potato Salad
Marinated Seafood Salad
Chilled Marinated Shrimp
Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
Marinated Olives
Jicama Slaw

Hot Offerings
Chicken
Pasta of the Day
Mashed Potatoes
Seasonal Vegetables
Steamed Red Potatoes
Steamed Corn on the Cob

Seafood Selections
Steamed Mussels
with a side of Tomato Sambuca Broth
Paella
Steamed Clams
Herb-marinated Salmon
Batter-fried Shrimp (offered Sunday & Wednesday)
Fried Clam Strips (offered Monday, Thursday, and Saturday)
Batter-fried Calamari (offered Tuesday & Friday)

Desserts
Assorted Pastry Desserts from our Yacht & Beach Bakery

Children's Buffet
Macaroni & Cheese
Chicken Drumsticks
Fried Cod Nuggets
Cheese Pizza

So according to this Peel and Eat Shrimp are gone too? Or is the Chilled marinated shrimp them?

The only truth is by talking to someone at the actual restaurant. Everybody else is reading off the official Disney website. I had three cast members yesterday and one this morning at the Y&B confirm with both chefs and managers at the actual Cape May restaurant and as of today, they are still on the menu. A guest that is there also talked to one of the managers and they are there. Guest Services and Guest Communications are going off the information they get from the computer ... which somehow got changed.

A few months ago, remember, it showed a dinner buffet at the Captain's Grill. Nobody knows why this showed up on the Disney website instead of the normal dinner menu but it did. If you called Guest Communications/Services or any Disney phone number, they pull up what is on the computer and they confirmed that it was changed to a buffet for dinner. It never was.

I'm keeping my reservation for two weeks from now since it has been confirmed IN PERSON that they are there.

Unless you talk directly to someone at Cape May, the information you are getting can be totally wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter