Crab legs at Cape May thread-crab legs still going strong! :)

Where did the rumor come from we are here now and ate at cape May Sunday the 6th there were crab legs on the buffet

Have my ressies for Cape May in Nov. but will cancel if there are no more crab legs. They've already done away with several things on the menu - and replaced them with 'nothing'. The crab legs will be the last straw.

Will then be 'no more Cape May for us'!! :sad:

Anyone know if it's possible to call the restaurant directly? CMs in reservations are notoriously wrong but we need to know what's going on. If they did away with the crab legs, we're canceling but I need to do so early enough so we don't get charged.

Where did the rumor come from we are here now and ate at cape May Sunday the 6th there were crab legs on the buffet

CAPE MAY MENU, cut & paste as of 07/09/14: (Note, no crab legs.)

Soups
. . . Soup of the Day
. . . Cape May Seafood Chowder

Carving Station
. . . Hand-carved Strip Loin with Horseradish Cream

Cold Offerings
. . . Fresh Fruit Salad in an Orange-Basil Dressing
. . . Four Bean Salad in a Red Wine Vinaigrette
. . . Pickled Red Beets
. . . Cape May House Salad
. . . Caesar Salad
. . . Loaded Potato Salad
. . . Marinated Seafood Salad
. . . Chilled Marinated Shrimp
. . . Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
. . . Marinated Olives
. . . Jicama Slaw

Hot Offerings
. . . Chicken
. . . Pasta of the Day
. . . Mashed Potatoes
. . . Seasonal Vegetables
. . . Steamed Red Potatoes
. . . Steamed Corn on the Cob

Seafood Selections
. . . Steamed Mussels with a side of Tomato Sambuca Broth
. . . Paella
. . . Steamed Clams
. . . Herb-marinated Salmon
. . . Batter-fried Shrimp (offered Sunday & Wednesday)
. . . Fried Clam Strips (offered Monday, Thursday, and Saturday)
. . . Batter-fried Calamari (offered Tuesday & Friday)

Desserts
. . . Assorted Pastry Desserts from our Yacht & Beach Bakery

Children's Buffet
. . . Macaroni & Cheese
. . . Chicken Drumsticks
. . . Fried Cod Nuggets
. . . Cheese Pizza

Anyone know if it's possible to call the restaurant directly? CMs in reservations are notoriously wrong but we need to know what's going on. If they did away with the crab legs, we're canceling but I need to do so early enough so we don't get charged.

1) There are internal and external numbers for Cape May
2) Sorry, we can share the external Group Info number for Cape May, but not an Individual Info number.
3) You can call 407-WDW-DINE (Call Center) and see if they will put you through.
4) Remember, the eatery has the ability to refuse the call from the Call Center.

This is the way that I see it. Disney wanted to increase profits and they have rooms that are not being occupied. They know that people love to eat and they know that they like the word free.

They raise the room price and include "free" food. Modify the menus to reduce their food costs, modify the free rules each year, and limit the number of rooms offered. They fill the rooms, increase attendance, and make more money.

:earsboy: Bill

No, they don't. Just like every other hospitality industry venue in the world, they set a rack rate. They then ofer a variety of discounts and promotions throughout the year to attract business, but they don't raise the room price.

See post #8 and #15, maybe they thought they couldn't get away with anything and everything after all.
So something wasn't listed on the menu the same day it was available on the buffet (post 122) or the day before it was available on the buffet (post 73) but people reading the menu are more believable than people eating in thd restaurant? :confused3

CAPE MAY MENU, cut & paste as of 07/09/14: (Note, no crab legs.)
Duly noted, along with the seafood menu being identical to the one in post 15 on July 6 - despite posters finding crab legs on the buffet both that night and the next.

So something wasn't listed on the menu the same day it was available on the buffet (post 122) or the day before it was available on the buffet (post 73) but people reading the menu are more believable than people eating in the restaurant? :confused3

Duly noted, along with the seafood menu being identical to the one in post 15 on July 6 - despite posters finding crab legs on the buffet both that night and the next.

Exactly! We have reports of crab legs being served very recently. :rolleyes: I just had them there myself about a month ago today. I find it hard to believe they eliminated crab legs smack dab in the middle of the summer season!

We are headed to the beach club resort shortly. Will ask them at the restaurant if it is true or not. Will let you know ASAP.

It is but to offset the "free" dining they had to cut more than normal. IMO they realized that they could add a smear of colored sauce on the plate, reduce the portion size, add some fancy words to the description and charge more. The dining experience at Disney was different years ago, larger portions, more relaxed feel, not as much noise. Now they design the space to increase the noise and the seats to be less comfortable. :earsboy: Bill

We will just have to agree to disagree I suppose.

The food experience isn't exclusive to Disney over the past several years.

Whoa! I did not start a "rumor". I simply asked a question, and then emailed Disney myself to ask. I relayed what I was told. I HAD NO IDEA it would turn into multiple pages of debates etc.

I do know crab legs were on the menu on the website, but they no longer are. I don't know if they are "soon to be" discontinued, I do not work at Disney. I thought people who were going for the crab legs would like to know.

Please do not refer to my initial posts as "rumors" I was looking for answers just as any one else would...

The email I received again, so that I am not accused of starting rumors:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

It appears that crab legs are not offered at this time; however, the menu is subject to change without notice. We advise all guests to check the website before arrival to verify their information. (This is why I posted a follow up, so everyone was checking b4 they go)

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us. Have a magical evening!

Sincerely,

Shanta Lee

eCommerce Sales and Service Team

As others have said, maybe this CM just looked at the website as well, and responded. I do not know, but I don't want anyone thinking I was starting rumors.

:wave2:

Interested in continued verification from diners if they are continuing to have them on the buffet. My trip is not until September. I am thinking maybe they will continue them until their current supply or order is gone and then they will disappear? But changing the menu in advance will be a bonus to the people still getting them, then when they are gone it should be as expected because the menu does not list them... I hope not because I was looking forward to them in Sept (for my DH and DD's)

Thank you! :)

On the Y&B thread there is a post from a CM at BC who personally walked over and asked and she was told the crab legs are still there and there are no plans to remove them. So weird they're not listed on menu.

Just ate there last week and the crab legs were there!! They honestly were the BEST crab legs I have ever had in my life. Sweet, not fishy and plentiful! Simply amazing! All the food there was excellent!!! :thumbsup2

On the Y&B thread there is a post from a CM at BC who personally walked over and asked and she was told the crab legs are still there and there are no plans to remove them. So weird they're not listed on menu.

After seeing this thread, I posted the question over there knowing if anyone could confirm, it would be her since she works there :).

Thank you! Now I can stop trying to come up with a back up plan. :)

My feelings exactly and while I read so many complaints about their crab legs not being "meaty", I can honestly say in all my trips there, I've never found that to be the case, maybe we've just been lucky :confused3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter