Covid 2nd time after cruising?

I just returned home yesterday from 4 nights on Dream, and DH and I just tested positive! This is our first time with Covid. Fully vaccinated and boosted. We have a tele medicine appointment with our provider later this afternoon. Symptoms are cold like mostly, but different enough to decide to test.

I wore a mask onboard.

DH and I sailed on Dream in September last year, and in January on the Magic, and neither we nor our guests had any illnesses.

so sorry to hear that. I got it after our end of April cruise, but husband did not. Hope you feel better soon. I took Paxlovid after my dr. Video appt.

We sailed on Dream in June and never wore a mask. No Covid. Several months before the cruise, a person behind us in church sounded like they were coughing up a lung. Wife said she thought we were going to get Covid. Several days later, she tested positive for it. She isolated in the house. I never wore a mask and was around her the whole time taking care of her. I tested every day for 5 days and again a week after she recovered and never came down with it. It just goes to show that there is no rime or reason as to how it is contracted. We have another cruise this month and glad to see CDC easing protocols.

@n2mm …sorry to read that you had gotten it. Glad you are better now. Our provider feels since we are mild, we should stick with over the counter. We have the option to call by Friday if we take a turn for the worse.

One of my best friends got back from a DCL Alaska cruise last week, and 6 out of 11 in her traveling group tested positive the day they got home. First time for my friend and her immediate family (her daughter, who wasn’t on the cruise, got it last January but none of them caught it from her then).

I sailed last October and April, and felt pretty safe with case rates so low both times. I just don’t feel safe cruising for the foreseeable future with almost all precautions gone. So I’ll be moving my Feb 2023 cruise out to 2024. Sigh.

Just got back from a 14 night in Europe. We had to test twice to get on the cruise but they just lifted the testing requirement to get off the ship and to fly back to the US. I started getting sick the last couple days of our trip but really just cold symptoms. Once home, I tested positive for COVID but my husband was fine. ( both fully vaccinated and boosted.) If restrictions were still in place, we would have been forced to quarantine for 5 days before coming home. We bought a hefty travel insurance policy for this trip so it would have covered quarantine expenses, FYI.

I can tell you that your fellow passengers are most discourteous. I was shocked (after going through this pandemic) how many people freely cough and hack without covering their mouths. I had a bad feeling after our first excursion, I mean half the bus was coughing away. And we ran into several people that said, "Oh, we just got out of quarantine." And they weren't wearing a mask. So, if you aren't afraid of getting sick, travel freely. You are running the risk while traveling though. I wasn't afraid so I traveled but you will be heavily exposed - on the plane, the cruise, buses, etc.

Several passengers tested positive at the port and could either quarantine on the ship or at a hotel. Some people got sick mid-way through the cruise and could either quarantine on the ship or disembark at the next port. Princess had a quarantine floor for guests and it was common to run into guests that had/has COVID.

I believe this is the world we are living in now. COVID is a thing we just have to deal with. If your vaccinated and otherwise healthy, it's like a cold for a week. If you have existing health conditions, immune-compromised, etc. than I wouldn't recommend travel right now.

I had COVID in February 2021. It was horrible. I quarantined for 14 days straight in my room. My friends are a bit upset with me for scheduling my Christmas cruise, but I believe COVID is here to stay. I will continue to get all the shots as the come as will my daughter, but I have to start living life again. I had a flair up of pain last month and I know it was COVID related so this virus will probably always be with me. We will both wear masks as much as possible (just as we do now) but I can't put off life forever.

@n2mm …sorry to read that you had gotten it. Glad you are better now. Our provider feels since we are mild, we should stick with over the counter. We have the option to call by Friday if we take a turn for the worse.

take care. If you’re like me, I was shocked to get it. I even tested twice because I just couldn’t believe it, though we only boostered once and was waiting until august to booster a second time as we get closer to fall and our September cruise. Then we’ll get our high dose flu shot in October (before our b2b Oct/Nov).

Very reasonable course and I hope you feel better soon!

Over prescribing of paxlovid is likely going to drive further and more aggressive mutations (similar to over prescribing of antibiotics) spoke with Dr. Birx about this (leading infectious disease doctor, family friend and I'm an MD).

Very reasonable course and I hope you feel better soon!

Over prescribing of paxlovid is likely going to drive further and more aggressive mutations (similar to over prescribing of antibiotics) spoke with Dr. Birx about this (leading infectious disease doctor, family friend and I'm an MD).
since I was being advised by my primary care dr who knows me, my Heath history, my family history and underlying conditions it was a hard decision on which way my path would take me once I got it, I was already 5 days with symptoms before I tested positive, so had to decide then as the window was closing. Now if I had gone to an urgent care that would be a harder decision . It’s a learning experience for sure, but at the end of the day I do trust my primary care doctor. I do think more research into Paxlovid is needed. After my first dose I was symptom free, but after I finished it, my sore throat and cough returned for a few days, but OTC meds helped.

Whelp, it happened to us. Off the Wonder a couple of days ago and hubs just tested positive. I've had a 2 day headache but continue to test negative. Haven't tested the kids yet since they have no symptoms and I'm running low on tests. I know there's no way of knowing for sure, but I think we caught it on the plane ride home. There was a woman behind us that was hacking up a lung. We didn't mask, we are all double boosted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter