Covid 2nd time after cruising?

condomom

Earning My Ears
Would love to know if you tested positive for covid after your cruise if it was your first time or second time with it?

My best friend and her family came back a week or so ago and 3 out of the 5 that went got Covid.

1 out of the 3 had it before. The other 2 (dad and 1 kid had never got it). All vaccinated.

We got back from DCL cruise end of April. Our 3rd in 6 months and none of us got it. The last
cruise I'm the only one that masked up. Coincidentally my best friend and family sailed with
us in April and were all negative afterwards also. This was before testing changes and recent
capacity increases.

Would love to know if you tested positive for covid after your cruise if it was your first time or second time with it?
I presume you'd also like to hear from those that did not test positive for covid to get the best picture. We were on the Dream in May and did not test positive after the cruise. :sail:

We were on the Wonder on 6-13. We flew home Monday the 20th. On Saturday the 25th my son had symptoms and tested positive on the Sunday 26th. That same day my husband had an exposure notification on his phone for the 20th. That all makes us think my son got it at the airport and not the cruise. This is the first positive for our family. Laser tag finally got us.

DH and I sailed in August, we both sailed again in February with 3 twenty somethings. None of us got it either time.

We were on the May transatlantic and had surprise pcr tests at the port. 3 out of our 8 tested positive when we disembarked. First time for all, none of us have had it prior.

DH and I sailed in August, we both sailed again in February with 3 twenty somethings. None of us got it either time.

but we were still doing masks back then when you cruised. We sailed August, September, February, and April. we did great until the end of April cruise. I tested positive, but husband didn’t, neither did my adult daughter and my 2 teen granddaughters. This was the only cruise that we were completely maskless. Though, still not positive it was the cruise. We dined at 2 places after the cruise (beaches & cream and 50s prime time). Didn’t do any parks though. Symptoms started about 6 days after getting off the ship.

We cruised in Oct 2021 (Dream), March 2022 (Fantasy), and May 2022 (Dream), none of us got covid on any of the cruises and have not yet had Covid at all. Knocking on wood … we cruise again in Oct (Dream), Nov (Wonder), Dec (Wonder) of this year, and Jan (Wonder), April (Fantasy), and Sept (Dream) of 2023. Super nervous for the Oct - Jan cruises … 🤞🏻🤞🏻 we avoid Covid altogether. Def tempting fate at this point.

Last edited:
We sailed on the Wonder out of Galveston in December and tested negative before and after. We also sailed on the Dream in May, plus stayed at WDW a few days and tested negative. We were masked indoors on the Wonder and totally maskless in May, other than the plane boarding process coming down. The only time we thought we were in risk was at the Character Warehouse where it was crowded and the ventilation felt poor.

We did the Wonder WBPC in March. Masks required. Did not get Covid but the rumor mill said 4 people were taken off with Covid after the transit... probably infected in Cartegenia...last port before.

Currently on Rome/Greece. Masks not required but we are wearing then in all indoor venues and outdoors when we can't distance. Masks not required doesn't mean you don't take responsibility for your own health. We have another cruise after this one and have to be tested before it.

On debarkation day, after most folks were aboard, the porters were scurring our hallway yrying to get luggage for certain rooms off the ship. I figure that's people who tested positive at the port.

My mom and I did the Vancouver to Hawaii and did not get Covid. We did mask more than most and had N95s. At the end of the cruise I left my off more. We wore them in elevators and in the Theater and some crowded events.

Many that reported having Covid all seemed to have gone to Aulani afterwards. So either it was the bus transfer or the UBER crowded lobby ( it was like an airport if all flights were cancelled) as you had 100s leaving for the return sailing and 100s coming from the arriving- with more 100s of normal guests wondering what the heck just happened.. My mom and I drove to buy pins and left asap.. Aulani that afternoonn was not fun and wore our N95s that 2 hours were checked the place out.

I sailed three times last year when there were lots of restrictions in place and did not get COVID.

I tested positive two days after getting off the June 11th Fantasy cruise. First time with COVID.

I’m thinking the most likely place I picked it up was the snorkel excursion I did as I tried to distance as much as I could on the ship.

I have to admit I am getting nervous about our 11 night coming up.. That's a longer cruise where you can catch and get sick while on board.. Shorter cruise you are off. So we will most likely be N95ing the until the end of the sailing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!