Courtyard at the Mariott Village

dolfannat

Earning My Ears
Have tenative reservations here for $59 night.We are going Nov 24-Dec 1.Just found out about the $29 deal at the Courtyard at DD.However the first and last night I was quoated $109 and $119.When doing the math its not that much of a difference so my ? is,which one is nicer? It seems like there are more ammenties at the Marriott Village and since we plan to relax a couple days just at the hotel I just want to stay at the nicest although I know they both are probaly decent.Does that make sense? LOL!

Thanks in advance,
Natalie

If I remember correctly, the DownTown Disney Marriot has no "resort fee" but the Marriot Village has an $8 ?? Per night fee......I think you would be better of at Down Town Disney....

Natalie:

First of all ... Welcome to DIS!

Are you aware that there are 2 Disney resorts available on your dates for the same price? All Star Sports and All Star Music are only $59 per night. I just verified this on Expedia. Check out www.mousesavers.com for discount codes for Disney resorts and call Disney's Central reservations to get the $59 per night. I would stay in an Disney resort over a Courtyard at the same price any day!

Natalie,
we are staying at the DD one Nov 11-14. I got the $25 rate when it first came out for all three nights! Anyway, I don't know which of the resorts is "nicer", since i've never stayed at either. Have you gone to the websites??? I would also take into consideration that the one at DD is walking distance to DD and you're right there by all the shopping, dining,and PI. These would be very convenient for your "rest" days.

Thanks Everyone!
I finally sat down and did the math,including taxes and yes you were right there is a resort fee.It came to a savings of $120 to stay at the Courtyard at DD.Also like one of you had said it is walking distance to DD and PI.I had called the village and asked lots of ??? I asked the guy is it close to I-4.I don't know if he thought I wanted to be or not but he was like"oh yes you can see it from the hotel" I don't want to see I-4 from the hotel! The DD Marriott with it being on WDW property we still get the perks of staying on property as far as ee.Plus the money I saved,its like the MVMCP tickets I ordered the other day are free!LOL!

We alternate Thanksgivings between family up north to family in Coral Springs FL.Since our youngest turns 2 tomorrow we are going to do WDW every other year also. I want to save and stay at a Disney resort next time,specifically the Wilderness Lodge.

Thanks again!
Natalie

Natalie,

You can also request a tower room with a view of DD or PI. We all know there are no guarantees , but it doesn't hurt to ask. I've never stayed there, but I do know of someone who stays there regularly and they can afford better, so it must not be too bad. We did have ressies at AKL and WL, but the $25 we just couldn't pass up. I have stayed at the Hilton and Best Western at DD and it's a lot of fun to be so close to all the eating and shopping (especially the shopping). Being so close , you can just take some time there by yourself and shop all you want!!!! Don't forget to get a hot chocolate at Giarhdelli's. I hope you all have a great time!!!!

Natalie,
Do you know if the one at DD has a resort fee? I thought someone said "no", but I'm not sure. Their website says"complimentary coffee" as one of the items in your room. You would think that this means "free". I know that's one of the things the resorts charge you a fee for, other things being the newspaper, and whatever else. Be aware that their valet parking might be expensive. I might just park my own car....

Beware of resort fees at Marriott properties. My DH and I stayed at Marriott Village in the summer and because I was not properly told of resort fee (a hefty $7.50 per night) I refused to pay it. This resort fee is basically a profit fee, for services such as Disney Planning Centre on property, cable t.v., fitness room, transportation and business centre. They gave me the package that I was supposed to receive upon check-in which listed the above mentioned items as part of their "village fee" (they do not like to call it a resort fee). Even though some of these items are listed as "complimentary" or "free" on the website and in-room hotel guide, they admitted to me that they had to update the website and hotel guide because they are in actuality not free because they are part of the village fee. An interesting fact is that the Fairfield and Springhill Suites have free breakfasts, which are in fact free! The breakfast is not listed as one of the village fee amenities. It is a nice property in a good location - good service, nice pools, very clean, Disney Planning centre on site and fabulous transportation services to Disney, Universal, Wet n' Wild and Sea World. All-in-all a good property.
Tiger:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter