Course by Course, One By One, 'Til You Shout "Enough I'm Done" *NEW* 10/3!!

I think I set an alarm this morning for 6:00 or something like that! I didn't want to wake up too early, but also, I wanted to get there already! We got dressed and ready, loaded up the car, and started heading to our first stop of the day breakfast!! We go to the same one every time, but somehow....Jeremy managed to miss the exit...LOL! So we had to search for another one, we ended up finding one on the other side of Jacksonville! It was a little more out of the way, but we found ourselves a Panera Bread!

PaneraBread_zps29cb8a37.jpg

We ran in, got our food to go, and then hopped back in the car to get on the road! We got our usual, I had the Spinach and Artichoke Souffle and Jeremy had the French Toast bagel with Honey Walnut Spread! About two hours later, we had the view we had been waiting for!!

WDWGates_zpsed1751b4.jpg

It was still before check-in time, but we knew that if we were headed to Downtown Disney, parking was still going to be a mess, and it would be much nicer if we went ahead and parked at Kidani since it is covered parking, all of our luggage and everything would stay pretty cool! So we headed toward Animal Kingdom Lodge, and were greeted with our lovely Welcome Home! With the amount of time we have been this year, it sure felt like it was a second home! :rotfl2: Jeremy dropped me off at the Porte Cochere, I had done online check-in so it was a quick and painless process, I had already set up to be informed by text when our room was ready, and it wasn't at the time, so I went back outside, hopped in the car and we went to park!

We grabbed a few things, camera and such, and then walked over to the bus stop, and as soon as we got there, the bus to Downtown Disney was arriving! We hopped on and started the journey over there! Of course, it was going to stop at Typhoon Lagoon first! After that, we made it to DTD, soon to be Disney Springs, I wonder if I need to get used to saying it that way, that is definitely going to be a change!

DowntownDisneySign_zpsf763b670.jpg

We were meeting our wonderful friends Dan & Mindy here, gonna do a little lunch and then head over to DisneyQuest. Mindy had to work this morning so they were going to be here around 1:00, which gave us time to walk around some of the shops, even the Marketplace Co-Op Shop! We had not been in there yet, and were interested to see all of the cool stuff I had heard about, and it did not disappoint! Oh I almost forgot!! I bet you would like to see our Disneybounds today!! You may have guessed what they were from the title of the post, but maybe just not who was who!! :thumbsup2

Jeremy was playing the part of Daisy today...hehe!! I was the other half of the puzzle, Donald!!

JeremyDaisy_zpsaa0d633a.jpg

AndreaDonald_zpsed8fde06.jpg

We thought it would be fun to do it this way, we had fun anyway! I think that is what matters the most right?? Throw people off every now and then!

Since we had missed our original Panera, and ended up eating later than usual, we weren't as hungry as we thought we were going to be for lunch. With that in mind, and after a conversation with our friends, we decided to meet them over at Earl of Sandwich!! Instead of eating a pizza at Wolfgang Puck Express, Jeremy and I split an Italian Sandwich, we did each get our own bag of chips and a drink though! Our reservation for dinner was at 5:05, so we didn't want to get too full before that though!

EarlofSandwich_zps2d6fdb90.jpg

If you have never been to an Earl of Sandwich, you should really try it! They have some really amazing sandwiches! We may end up going there one...or two more times during this trip...just saying...lol!!

After we had a food snack! It was time to head over to DisneyQuest for a little fun! Dan & Mindy had driven, so instead of walking over there, we just rode in their car and parked on that side, which also was good for whenever we left, it meant we could spend more time there before we went to dinner!

DisneyQuest_zps77279abf.jpg

We got into DisneyQuest and into the elevator to take us up, it makes me sad that they took away Genie from the elevator, especially recently :( I wish they would put it back, now more than ever. We made it to the gaming floor and who would greet us, but Wreck-It-Ralph! Jeremy had to pose next to him as Fix-It-Felix though, it kind of looks like he is trying to get Ralph's nose or something though...hehe

JeremyRalph_zps6b384d2c.jpg

On a Thursday, September afternoon, DisneyQuest is pretty empty, we could have literally done anything we wanted! Our first stop was the Pirates of the Caribbean, with pretty much no wait at all, all of the interactive games like that were empty. We walked around for a good while just picking and playing random games, we raced each other, I played Fix-It-Felix, and didn't too so well either...lol! At 3:15 I wanted to go down and do the Animation Academy, so Jeremy, Mindy, and I went down there, Dan stayed upstairs playing racing games! The character of the hour was Goofy!!

JeremyDrawing_zps27c4ba59.jpg

That meant that Jeremy was going to start acting Goofy when he posed for photos, oh wait, I guess he does that all the time :thumbsup2 We had maybe 10 or so people join us for the animation class! I was ready to get started!

AndreaDrawing_zps0c46f307.jpg

I wish they would just print out your drawing for you, instead of having to pay $5 for it!! I mean, really Disney, it would just be a piece of paper! I mean, they could still make you go up and ask for it, just give it to us!! I took a photo of mine, I was pretty happy with it, it is a little difficult to draw on those electronic things, well for me it is anyway!

MyGoofyDrawing_zps8200d3ce.jpg

We finished up with that and went back upstairs to play some more games until it was time for us to leave and head over to Disney's Polynesian Village Resort for some food at Kona Cafe!

While busing it to DTD isn't always the easiest - with the current parking situation I think it made a ton of sense to leave your car at AKL - especially with your luggage in it.

And I agree that it will take some time to switch to calling it Disney Springs ... granted I still call the studios MGM :rotfl:

I like your Disney Bounding outfits and like you said, having fun with it is the most important part :goodvibes

We haven't spent much time in Disney Quest but some of the games do look fun and looks like it made for a fun arrival day activity.

While busing it to DTD isn't always the easiest - with the current parking situation I think it made a ton of sense to leave your car at AKL - especially with your luggage in it.

And I agree that it will take some time to switch to calling it Disney Springs ... granted I still call the studios MGM :rotfl:

I like your Disney Bounding outfits and like you said, having fun with it is the most important part :goodvibes

We haven't spent much time in Disney Quest but some of the games do look fun and looks like it made for a fun arrival day activity.

We didn't have any problems with the buses this entire time, I was so happy! It at least looks like they are making progress on everything at DTD which is good news!

We always have lots of fun when we go to DisneyQuest, I think it was our third time there, there are so many things to do, it is surprising! :goodvibes

I'm here! I'm here! I know I'm late to the party! My butt is dragging and at the same time scrambling to get ready for our trip!

Firstly I LOVE that sprinkle birthday cupcake! Love sprinkles and I love birthday cake (its my go to flavor at Marble Slab) and the cupcake just looks so pretty. And apparently its a life/car saviour! How scary and crazy is that about the wrecks! See you just never know what might happen and being late for something just may be a good thing! (sometimes lol)

How fun to randomly find another amazing restaurant! I love paninis, so yummy!

buahaha! Love your cross gender disneybounding! Its awesome and fun!

Oooh Earl of sandwich! Do you know if you sign up on their website you get a free welcome brownie coupon and a sandwich coupon for your birthday?!!

Can't wait to hear about the Chef's table!

Since we had moved the car closer to DisneyQuest it was a nice short walk over to it, then we were on our way to Disney's Polynesian Construction Village Resort! I can't wait until everything is completed here, I think it is going to be pretty amazing. I was lucky enough to stay here one time before all of this stuff started. We were here about 20 minutes earlier than our reservation so we decided to walk over to Tambu Lounge and order something to drink while we wait!

Jeremy had a Kona Longboard beer, which is one of his favorites! You can even see the lovely walls behind him, which hide the now gone waterfall in the center atrium.

JeremyKonaBeer_zps68240f2a.jpg

I had a Pina Colava!! It was so yummy, this may be one of the things I make for myself at home. I can just imagine it now, homemade pina colada mix, raspberry puree, and Bacardi Black Razz Rum! Yep...definitely going to be making that in the near future, I am still drinking those Pain & Panic punches every day from Villains Unleashed...they are non-alcoholic though!

AndreaPinaColada_zpsfab11d8a.jpg

About 10 minutes before 5:00 I walked over to check us in for our reservation, which was at 5:05, they said they would be seating really soon, so it shouldn't take long at all! A few minutes passed and everyone that was waiting got called, we never did. I don't like to be a bother so I figured I would just wait a few more minutes. By 5:30 Jeremy went over there to check and see how much longer it would be. Well, they had lost our printed seating ticket in the opening shuffle and thought we had already been seated. After they realized the mistake, we were seated immediately!

We only planned on ordering appetizers here, because I wanted to save room for cupcakes over at the Contemporary! So we all placed our orders and our server brought us the delicious Pineapple Hawaiian Bread with Macadamia Nut Honey Butter! A definite favorite of ours, hopefully in the next week or so, I am going to try to make it at home for myself!

HawaiianBreadButter_zps3aa00f93.jpg

Update: I did make it at home! If you are interested in the recipe, click the photo below! Happy Baking!

Another thing that I am going to be trying to make at home is what I ordered to eat! Well actually Jeremy and I ordered two appetizers to split evenly between the two of us! We had the Potstickers and the Caterpillar Roll!! Both were awesome as always!!

PotStickers_zps1188ea6b.jpg

CaterpillarRoll_zpse8a2aa27.jpg

I don't think I am ready to tackle sushi at home quite yet, so that I will be saving for some other time!! After we finished up with dinner, we said goodbye to Dan & Mindy, they needed to get home and we were heading over to the Contemporary Resort to get us some cupcakes!! We walked over and just as we got to the station the monorail showed up! We jumped on and headed over to the Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary!

ContempoCafe_zps63bcfd82.jpg

I think once we got to the bakery case to check out the cupcakes, there were only 3 types available at the moment. I was a little disappointed with the selection because they all seemed pretty normal to me. The first one was a lopsided-poked at Red Velvet Cupcake, and there was only one left, so we passed on it and kept looking. The only other one in the case at that moment was a Perry cupcake, which was cherry flavored cake, with chocolate ganache inside, but had a white icing on top.

PerryCupcake_zps89959052.jpg

Just as we were about to call it with that one cupcake, they brought out a whole new tray of Frozen type cupcakes, they were chocolate cake with caramel swirled inside. We chose the one that had Sven on it!

SvenCupcake_zps11772048.jpg

We purchased our cupcakes and went over to a table to eat them. They were pretty good, maybe not the best cupcakes I have ever had at Disney, but they were definitely not bad by any stretch of the imagination! I was hoping we would get lucky with some really unique flavors, oh well, maybe next time!

AndreaIcingEat_zps24124d14.jpg

When we finished with the cupcakes, we went back up the escalator to the Monorail, and wouldn't you know, it pulled up as soon as we got up there again, and we hopped right on to head back over to Magic Kingdom to pick up the bus back to the resort. As we were walking past the entrance to the Magic Kingdom, for some reason I decided I wanted to take a photo of the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party sign...we were going to be there tomorrow night, but from the looks of the weather the camera may not be?

NotSoCarySign_zpscccafebd.jpg

I'm here! I'm here! I know I'm late to the party! My butt is dragging and at the same time scrambling to get ready for our trip!

Firstly I LOVE that sprinkle birthday cupcake! Love sprinkles and I love birthday cake (its my go to flavor at Marble Slab) and the cupcake just looks so pretty. And apparently its a life/car saviour! How scary and crazy is that about the wrecks! See you just never know what might happen and being late for something just may be a good thing! (sometimes lol)

How fun to randomly find another amazing restaurant! I love paninis, so yummy!

buahaha! Love your cross gender disneybounding! Its awesome and fun!

Oooh Earl of sandwich! Do you know if you sign up on their website you get a free welcome brownie coupon and a sandwich coupon for your birthday?!!

Can't wait to hear about the Chef's table!

Yay!!! :yay::yay::yay:

Oh my gosh, your trip is so soon!!! You have to be getting totally excited!! I still think it would be funny if we just randomly bumped into each other while we are there...LOL

That birthday cake cupcake was delicious!! I am kind of glad we don't have one of those near us because I would maybe go every day and get cupcakes!

I had no idea about the Earl of Sandwich signup...just went and did it, THANKS!! Since we will be down there on my birthday, maybe I can get a free sandwich!! We don't have one anywhere near us at all...sadly!

Chef's Table was a great experience! I hope I have everything written out so you can read it before you guys leave?? How many days is it before you go??

Those cupcakes look so good!!!
I love the Disneybound too :) Daisy's my Halloween costume this year!

Those cupcakes look so good!!!
I love the Disneybound too :) Daisy's my Halloween costume this year!

Yay Cupcakes! We have definitely started to love WDW cupcakes. We kind of look for them everywhere we go now! It has sort of turned into a mini-obsession! I hope I find some really good ones on the next trip too!

Aww Daisy!! That will be such a fun Halloween costume! I can't wait to show everyone the ones we did this year! I am so glad that we will get to be using them again too! :goodvibes

ugh, how annoying they lost your seating ticket and though you were already seated. Oh well, at least they were able to fix the issue quickly.

That bread and butter is sooooo good. If you make it at home and it comes out good please, please share the recipe!

Caterpillar roll looks really good too!

Sorry it didn't turn out to be the best cupcake selection, but the two you got look pretty darn good :thumbsup2

Woo subbing! Sorry I kind of fell off your last TR, school is getting in the way of my Dis time! Subbing and can't wait to read about your adventures!

Yeah for :-)worship:)cupcakes saving King Candy and his precious cargo from becoming a casualty!

AAshleySEG said:
Another thing that I am going to be trying to make at home is what I ordered to eat! Well actually Jeremy and I ordered two appetizers to split evenly between the two of us! We had the Potstickers and the Caterpillar Roll!! Both were awesome as always!!

Can't wait! Made the Seared Sea Scallops you posted on Thursday for dinner last night. Hubby keeps asking me if you have put any thing new up yet. LOL. I think he liked them a lot!

I'm glad they were able to seat you right away after the mistake was caught. Kona's one of my favorites. The steak there is so yummy and I could make a meal off of the bread. Your Pina Colava looks delish! Have you had a chance to make one at home?

ugh, how annoying they lost your seating ticket and though you were already seated. Oh well, at least they were able to fix the issue quickly.

That bread and butter is sooooo good. If you make it at home and it comes out good please, please share the recipe!

Caterpillar roll looks really good too!

Sorry it didn't turn out to be the best cupcake selection, but the two you got look pretty darn good :thumbsup2

Yes, it was actually mostly empty, since we were there right at opening, so I am very happy that we didn't have to wait too long.

Yeah, if I can somehow manage to make anything remotely that good, I will definitely share the recipe! I am going to be working on it this week, so fingers crossed it will turn out well!!

The caterpillar roll is like my all-time favorite sushi roll, I generally don't like rolls, and prefer the Nigiri. But that one is just delicious! You should try it!! Maybe one day I will feel confident enough to make my own sushi at home, actually it is more of, will I feel confident in the fish I can find near me...LOL

The cupcakes were definitely still good, just not as good as I had hoped, oh well, there are always more cupcakes to try!! :banana:

Woo subbing! Sorry I kind of fell off your last TR, school is getting in the way of my Dis time! Subbing and can't wait to read about your adventures!

Isn't it awful how real life interferes with our Dis life...LOL So glad to have you back on this one!! I can't wait to write some more about this food adventure!

Yeah for :-)worship:)cupcakes saving King Candy and his precious cargo from becoming a casualty!

Can't wait! Made the Seared Sea Scallops you posted on Thursday for dinner last night. Hubby keeps asking me if you have put any thing new up yet. LOL. I think he liked them a lot!

I know right! Cupcakes are something I think I am going to be having a lot more of considering their apparent life-saving qualities!

Oh my gosh! How awesome that you made them!! I hope they turned out well! I am going to be putting up a new recipe later today, my mom has been down visiting for the weekend so I got a little sidetracked with updates on both the blog and the TR, but I will be back at as soon as she heads home this afternoon! :thumbsup2

I'm glad they were able to seat you right away after the mistake was caught. Kona's one of my favorites. The steak there is so yummy and I could make a meal off of the bread. Your Pina Colava looks delish! Have you had a chance to make one at home?

Me too, we were getting pretty hungry, since we had split that sandwich for lunch. Kona is such a good restaurant, I think that a bunch of people just don't go there and instead go to Ohana because they have heard so much more about it. But for those of us that know about, we hit the jackpot!! I am going to buy the stuff to make it this week, so hopefully I will make one soon!! I am really excited! :cheer2:

Cool. I'm more of a lurker but I really love your reports, they are really fun.
Subscribing!!!

Cool. I'm more of a lurker but I really love your reports, they are really fun.
Subscribing!!!

Awesome! I am glad you came out of the shadows to say Hi!! :wave2: Thank you so much and I am really glad you enjoy our adventures! Don't be too shy now! Hope to have some new stuff up verrrrry soon! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter