Country Bear Jamboree, is it worth it?

Eh, it's ok. I wouldn't go out of my way to see it though. Last November we took the kids because they never saw it before and they seemed to like it, but all I could think is wow, they should really refurb this. The bear's eyes seemed to be getting stuck and I thought the audio was crackly. DH fell asleep.

I thought the best part was the Blood on the Saddle song.

I like it but I think it's the nostalgic aspect-- I remember watching it with my grandparents as a little girl.

My boyfriend can't stand it (he's only seen it as an adult).

I think it's just classic corny Disney! Go see it!

It is one of the few (this and maybe the speedway) that I actually look at my watch the minute it starts wondering when it will be over. My kids (4&5) sort of like it. If you have never seen it I would see it. But once is truly enough for me.

The problem with WDW is that in order to truly appreciate it, one must allow their inner child to surface. 4 years old or 60 years old (myself), it is just a fun little show. To answer one of the original questions, there is no set schedule, it runs continuously. They fill the theater from one side while it empties on the other. The only time it has a wait time is if you happen to get there just after the show has started, then you have to wait until the next show.

We will try just about any attraction to see for ourself if we like it, you just never know what you are missing until you try it for yourself.

That is what I was going to suggest. No one can tell you if you will like something or not, but, due to the fact that you feel compelled to even ask leads me to believe you will not find it worth it. I personally cannot comprehend how anyone can go to WDW and feel that the whole place isn't worth at least a one time look see. If you don't like something, file it away for the next trip, but, to just rely on someone else's tastes can cause one to miss some good stuff.

I like it but I think it's the nostalgic aspect-- I remember watching it with my grandparents as a little girl.

My boyfriend can't stand it (he's only seen it as an adult).

I think it's just classic corny Disney! Go see it!

I never went to the World until I was in my mid 30's, with two kids and I thought it was funny, in a corny but amusing way. I guess what I have been trying to say here is...your on vacation, it's included in the price of admission, it's a cool place to sit for a few minutes, it's cute, warm and cuddly (except Al), and if you allow yourself, it can be funny. What do you have to lose? A couple minutes of high speed vacation time?

Is it worth it? Well, I certainly think so... the Country Bear Jamboree is an important part of WDW History.

I think this attraction is just that "History". I personally would never waste my time again. I will say this. It was nice to see an old school disney attraction, however it is not enteratining to myself or my 5 year old either.

Does anyone think Country Bear Jamboree is worth the time? We have never done it and my daughters are 8 and 12. Does anyone know the times? I couldn't find them on stevesoares.
I think honestly, this is one of those attractions that some folks really like, and others ... not so much.

Last time we were there (June 2006), my 2 DD's were 14 and 11. Because they had seen it 2-3 times when they were younger, they had no desire to go see the jamboree. So one night during extended evening hours, DW and I let them go to the Thundering Railroad while we caught a midnight show at CBJ.

Call me sentimental, but it just doesn't feel like Disney until we hit some of the classic attractions, like CBJ, the SFR treehouse, and CoP.

We really like the Country Bears. They are a classic - I saw them first at Disneyland when I was living in CA. DH and DD (16) also enjoy them very much. Although we have been disappointed the past couple of December trips that they didn't do the Christmas show. That was really cute too. When DD was little one of her favorite things was the talking heads on the wall.

I think it was worth seeing once- I don't know that I'll do it again though.

The problem with WDW is that in order to truly appreciate it, one must allow their inner child to surface. 4 years old or 60 years old (myself), it is just a fun little show. To answer one of the original questions, there is no set schedule, it runs continuously. They fill the theater from one side while it empties on the other. The only time it has a wait time is if you happen to get there just after the show has started, then you have to wait until the next show.

That is what I was going to suggest. No one can tell you if you will like something or not, but, due to the fact that you feel compelled to even ask leads me to believe you will not find it worth it. I personally cannot comprehend how anyone can go to WDW and feel that the whole place isn't worth at least a one time look see. If you don't like something, file it away for the next trip, but, to just rely on someone else's tastes can cause one to miss some good stuff.

I never went to the World until I was in my mid 30's, with two kids and I thought it was funny, in a corny but amusing way. I guess what I have been trying to say here is...your on vacation, it's included in the price of admission, it's a cool place to sit for a few minutes, it's cute, warm and cuddly (except Al), and if you allow yourself, it can be funny. What do you have to lose? A couple minutes of high speed vacation time?

I agree completely. There seems to be much animosity for these cuddly bears. Did one of them poop on your shoes?

This is one attraction I am really looking forward to seeing (again). I loved it when it was at Disneyland and miss it out here, so am excited to get to re-live the joy (and yes, I always loved the "Blooood in the Saddle" part too!)

When I was a child,my father used to sing There is Blood on the Saddle. We all thought that was a stupid song he made up. I'll always remember the first time we all saw The Country Bear Jamboree and big Al came on singing that song. For that reason,(thinking of my father),I go to CBJ every chance I get. One day I am going to get up the nerve to ask the CM on duty if they can open the curtain between shows and I can stand in front of Big Al and get my picture taken with him.
:laughing: Sorry to get off topic, but that reminded me of how DH would always sing "I Am Pretty" and DS just thought that was a song he made up too. Then we took the family to a production of West Side Story when DS was about 9. When the girl started to sing the song, his eyes grew big as saucers and his jaw just about hit the ground. DH just about bust a gut trying not to laugh out loud! Now DS loves West Side Story and knows all the songs, and would love to have a chance to do the play someday (he will be 16 next month). Thank heaven for those corny dads!:rolleyes:

I lOVE the Bears. For me, they are the kind of attraction that makes WDW so special. Nowhere else would create a cbj show now. Same for CofP, Hall ofP, Tom Sawyer's Island, and all those dark rides in Fantasyland. It had to be created by Disney and it had to be created THEN. The show is funny and very clever, and the various personalities work well in the same way old fashioned Disney animation is charming. My kids saw it last year, the exact age of your kids. They enjoyed it, did not love it. But they appreciated it for what it was.

Like any attraction that is not a hot ticket, you can do this when you can fit it in. There's no 'rush' to see it. Like others have said, go ahead and form your own opinion.

For me, it'll be a sad day when this type of attraction is no longer viable.

Does anyone think Country Bear Jamboree is worth the time? We have never done it and my daughters are 8 and 12. Does anyone know the times? I couldn't find them on stevesoares.

Noooooooooooo!

My kids thought it was hilarious! We enjoyed it--and it was a really nice, cool break in the middle of the afternoon in June!:thumbsup2

I can't believe the absence of love for the Bears!

Maybe it's just my family's warped sense of humor, but every time we're down there it just doesn't seem like a vacation unless we see the Country Bears and spend the rest of the day trying to make each other laugh by singing Blood on the Saddle at random intervals.:rotfl:

:laughing: :laughing: We do the same thing. We sing that song the whole trip. It just wouldn't be a trip to WDW without seeing CBJ.:cool1:

I love the bears! It reminds me of going to Disneyland when I was a kid. It's a classic.

It's a tradition, it's Disney history, it's worth going to once so you can all laugh together about how ridiculously corny it is, then not go again. IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter